Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty

Congressional Affairs Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty (Washington, DC).

Interview

Standard meeting with department head, followed by second interview with company President. The latter was done via Skype as RFE's main headquarters is in Prague, Czech Republic. The main emphasis was on my combined Capitol Hill legislative and press secretary experience. They were concerned that I understand the legislative process.

Interview Questions

• The questions were standard given the nature of the position. Most questions were related a review of my previous experience on Capitol Hill.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty.

Interview

The interview process included a phone screen and two on-site in depth interviews with several members of staff. Each on-site interview lasted over an hour. I was informed I would receive a status update within a week and never heard back. I sent a follow-up email and never received a response. I found this to be very unprofessional and likely not a place I would want to work.

Interview Questions

• What are your long-term goals?   1 Answer

Multimedia Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Prague (Czech Republic)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty (Prague (Czech Republic)) in December 2014.

Interview

Smooth and professional, with fast response times, good communication, and clear expectations laid out from the start.
    The interview itself was a mix of questions to determine your knowledge of the company, its goals and what it stands for, as well as awareness of current situations around the world, especially in regions where the company operates. This was followed by a few practical tests relevant to the specific job, such as demonstrating skill and knowledge of video editing, camera work, lighting, and live editing.

Interview Questions

• Being asked to name several current political leaders in third world countries and regions to which the company broadcasts.   Answer Question