Radio One Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 12, 2017

2.8

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clarksburg, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at Radio One (Clarksburg, MD).

Interview

First round was great. Then went for the second round met with the CTO. He fell asleep on me! Are you kidding me! Then they went Radio silent on me. I call HR twice and email twice no answer! They are loosing great talent!

National Sales Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at Radio One (Cleveland, OH) in July 2016.

Interview

Applied to the company a while ago for multiple positions and never reieved a call or email. I reached out by phone only to call and leave a message regaurding an informational interview. The following week I recieved a call to come in for an interview. i completed a total of 3 interviews so far, now I am currently waiting on an answer.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Radio One (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

It's was very professional but it's all smoking mirrors they will have you under the impression that you're moving forward in the hiring process just stringing people along don't be fooled the position is usually filled by someone internal however they always have the job posted on the website but it's really no position available very disappointing to say the least

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Radio One (Richmond, VA) in December 2015.

Interview

For my interview I had to do a presentation on myself and why they should hire me, basically selling myself. They wanted to know about me personally as well as professionally, and what skills i could contribute to the company locally.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about being paid 100% commission?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Radio One (Washington, DC) in June 2015.

Interview

Interviewing with the sales manager was great, he was very friendly and easy to talk to. However, a 30 minute talent interview from a third party company is also required to evaluate your "talent" and if you are a good fit for the company. It was pretty much a personality test. I continued to follow up and no one ever got back to me

Interview Questions

• What are the 3 qualities you have that you think will make you good at this job?   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Radio One.

Interview

I had 5 interviews with them and it took forever to hear back. Received another offer from another company . Too much redundancy, same questions in each interview. Not very diverse.

Have other options. ..

Integrated Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Radio One (Richmond, VA) in January 2015.

Interview

The process so far has taken 6 months. I was contacted once in December but I guess they found another candidate. I was contacted again in June and did another phone interview answering the exact same questions. I had a third phone interview about 3 weeks later, same questions just a different person on the phone. 2 weeks later I did my first in person interview and was told I'd be getting a call in about a week or so for another one. 5 interviews over 7 months lol. Im glad I wasn't actively looking for a job, I ended up taking another offer not because it was better but it came first.

Interview Questions

• Questions were more abstract. " your on a plane and have 2 hours to nap before a meeting when you land but a baby is crying, what do you do"   1 Answer
    • How organized is your vehicle   Answer Question

Another offer was made within the timeframe I was waiting to hear back from Radio One. I really wanted to work for Radio One but it took way to long to hear a response. Nobody should be in the pipeline for months. They also didn't mention what the "6 months guaranteed pay" meant until the 4th interview, which felt very deceptive. I asked before but was given a vague answer. I left it alone because I thought I wasn't far enough along in the interview process to discuss pay.

Sales Coordinator Interview

Interview

The process was easy, and they move quick. They are very unorganized though, and the offers are pretty low unless you have like 40+ years of experience. Interview was pretty normal, Phone Call, then in person, and offer expressed over the phone.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Radio One (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Entire management staff has turned over since I was hired but the process is basically the same. Expect 2-3 interviews and be prepared to provide examples of your prior work successes and presentations. If you have key relationships in the market this is a huge plus.

Interview Questions

• I wouldn't say any questions were particular difficult from what I remember-be honest.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Know your worth and negotiate appropriately. Raises are unlikely.

Online Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Radio One (Houston, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

I was contacted by Radio One for a phone interview the day before the interview was to take place. I had a great conversation with my interviewer about the position and the company. I was disappointed that I did not land an in person interview.

Interview Questions

• What are the three biggest stories in pop culture news right now?   Answer Question