Radio One Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 20, 2018

2.7

National Sales Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at Radio One (Cleveland, OH) in July 2016.

Interview

Applied to the company a while ago for multiple positions and never reieved a call or email. I reached out by phone only to call and leave a message regaurding an informational interview. The following week I recieved a call to come in for an interview. i completed a total of 3 interviews so far, now I am currently waiting on an answer.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years?   1 Answer

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clarksburg, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at Radio One (Clarksburg, MD).

Interview

First round was great. Then went for the second round met with the CTO. He fell asleep on me! Are you kidding me! Then they went Radio silent on me. I call HR twice and email twice no answer! They are loosing great talent!

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Radio One (Atlanta, GA) in June 2013.

Interview

I heard back very quickly about setting up an interview after submitting my application. I went in for the interview and b the end of the day I was contacted to tell I got the position.

Interview Questions

• All questions about the company. Being very prepared in knowing the company's history and all about the stations.   Answer Question

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Radio One (Richmond, VA) in December 2015.

Interview

For my interview I had to do a presentation on myself and why they should hire me, basically selling myself. They wanted to know about me personally as well as professionally, and what skills i could contribute to the company locally.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about being paid 100% commission?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Radio One (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Entire management staff has turned over since I was hired but the process is basically the same. Expect 2-3 interviews and be prepared to provide examples of your prior work successes and presentations. If you have key relationships in the market this is a huge plus.

Interview Questions

• I wouldn't say any questions were particular difficult from what I remember-be honest.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Know your worth and negotiate appropriately. Raises are unlikely.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Radio One (Washington, DC) in June 2015.

Interview

Interviewing with the sales manager was great, he was very friendly and easy to talk to. However, a 30 minute talent interview from a third party company is also required to evaluate your "talent" and if you are a good fit for the company. It was pretty much a personality test. I continued to follow up and no one ever got back to me

Interview Questions

• What are the 3 qualities you have that you think will make you good at this job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Radio One (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

It's was very professional but it's all smoking mirrors they will have you under the impression that you're moving forward in the hiring process just stringing people along don't be fooled the position is usually filled by someone internal however they always have the job posted on the website but it's really no position available very disappointing to say the least

Sales Coordinator Interview

Interview

The process was easy, and they move quick. They are very unorganized though, and the offers are pretty low unless you have like 40+ years of experience. Interview was pretty normal, Phone Call, then in person, and offer expressed over the phone.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silver Spring, MD

Interview

Applied online through their website got a call from an HR recruiter who set up a phone screen with the HR manager. The hr manager insisted to follow up within a week with next steps, but neither did. I did not receive an offer nor a rejection email. When I tried calling to follow up after 2 weeks both parties never answered.

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Radio One.

Interview

I had 5 interviews with them and it took forever to hear back. Received another offer from another company . Too much redundancy, same questions in each interview. Not very diverse.

Have other options. ..