Radio Systems Corporation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Sort:

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Radio Systems Corporation (Knoxville, TN) in April 2018.

Interview

Initial contact was through email, followed by 3 phone interviews and a panel interview. Every one was very polite during the process, even though I was not informed about not getting the job for 2 weeks after a “decison” was supposed to be made.

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Radio Systems Corporation (Knoxville, TN) in June 2011.

Interview

First got pre-screened by HR to understand my background and skills for the position. Then met with the hiring manager in an informal interview. We talked about the role and what the responsibilities were. Met with a couple of people on the team and talked about the company. The process was very underwhelming. I'm not sure they all understand that interviewing is a 2-way street and that I was trying to figure out it was the right place for me.

Senior Graphic Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Radio Systems Corporation.

Interview

The company is very disorganized. After being contacted by HR and conducting my first short interview, it was another month before I was called back for a panel interview. After that, it was another month before I was called back for a second panel interview, after which I had to wait another two weeks before I received my rejection notice, by voicemail. The whole process took three months. That seems a little excessive. On the up side, I enjoyed everyone I met at the company. They were very nice and personable. I would still consider applying for another position there someday.

Interview Questions

• They repeatedly asked me if I felt comfortable directing activities like photo or commercial shoots, which have little to do with the skills/duties of a graphic designer.   1 Answer

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Radio Systems Corporation in July 2016.

Interview

It was very low key. More "get to know" me questions. I previously worked in the same industry so I had a reputation that proceeded me. Phone calls and a couple face to face interviews. It was one of the more pleasurable interview process I've been involved in.

Interview Questions

• What previous knowledge of the company do you have   1 Answer

Embedded Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Radio Systems Corporation (Knoxville, TN) in February 2015.

Interview

After a nice phone interview, they brought me on site. Got the tour, met all of the main engineering players. Seemed like a good fit. Got an in depth feel for the organization and how projects were run. Got the impression that there was low turnover and that most people liked working there. They are a typical cubicle farm though which is a turn off. Never met with anyone in HR, so no benefits or perks were presented or discussed. After the interview the feedback was very positive and I was told they liked me. Then the recruiter told me there was a newly implemented hiring freeze. Seemed very odd to me.

Interview Questions

• Wanted to know if I would relocate. Asked a couple of different times too. They must have had problems with people not relocating to take the job.   Answer Question

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Radio Systems Corporation (Knoxville, TN) in November 2011.

Interview

Resume was submitted by head-hunter. Had initial 1:1 interview with the manager responsible for the position. The position was a new position, expanding the engineering team. A week later an interview was scheduled with a panel of managers + engineers. A tour of the facility was given after the interview.

Interview Questions

• How do you store the map data into the memory of an embedded device, and how do you draw it smoothly on the display without using too much memory?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work at Radio Systems Corporation?   Answer Question

I did not find the work environment suitable, with very-low walled cubicles containing 4 engineers each, in an open floor design. I did not think it would be easy to concentrate while working there. The schedule and deadlines are also quite aggressive, so a lot of work seemed to be done evenings and weekends.

Call Center Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Radio Systems Corporation (Knoxville, TN) in January 2014.

Interview

2 hour long interview. they really search for the right people. you are tested in phone and typing skills, and brought to 2 different rooms being interviewed. They ask the usual questions most interviewers ask.

Interview Questions

• how did you handle a difficult customer?   1 Answer

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Radio Systems Corporation (Knoxville, TN) in October 2017.

Interview

There was a phone interview with human resources before being brought in for a series of panel interviews. There were three panel interviews with separate groups I would be working closely with

Interview Questions

• If I am accepting of different cultures as I would be traveling to different countries for my job   1 Answer

Customer Care Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Radio Systems Corporation (Knoxville, TN) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview process is a 3 step. First you take an assessment online, followed by an interview, followed by a mock call/typing test. There is also a drug test involved.

Interview Questions

• Why do you believe that you're a good fir for Radio Systems?   1 Answer

Customer Care Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Radio Systems Corporation (Knoxville, TN) in January 2017.

Interview

Sat in with hiring manager and HR representative. Went over company values and expectations, addressed role expectations and training schedule, etc. Answered a staged mock phone call, sat in with a current employee to hear a live call, typing test.

Interview Questions

• If a customer calls in upset that their dog escaped the yard while wearing one of our collars and has not been found, how would you handle it?   Answer Question