Radio Systems Corporation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 20, 2017

2.8

Digital Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Radio Systems Corporation (Knoxville, TN) in October 2016.

Interview

Very friendly and open. Interviewers asked good questions and took their time to get to know me as an individual along with my professional skills. The team was very open to interviewing me on the phone since I was living in a different country. They were very polite, straight to the point and allowed for me to ask all the questions that I had.

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Radio Systems Corporation in July 2016.

Interview

It was very low key. More "get to know" me questions. I previously worked in the same industry so I had a reputation that proceeded me. Phone calls and a couple face to face interviews. It was one of the more pleasurable interview process I've been involved in.

Interview Questions

• What previous knowledge of the company do you have   1 Answer

Demand and Supply Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Radio Systems Corporation (Knoxville, TN) in March 2015.

Interview

Pretty relaxed. Phone interview and then followed up with a one on one interview. Then you come in and meet with the whole team. Its a relaxed atmosphere but everyone is top notch. Don't get too comfortable but they want to see that you will fit in with the culture as well.

Interview Questions

• Mainly about your employment history and how it pertains to the position. They may ask you some random questions to get a fill for your personality.   Answer Question

Embedded Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Radio Systems Corporation (Knoxville, TN) in February 2015.

Interview

After a nice phone interview, they brought me on site. Got the tour, met all of the main engineering players. Seemed like a good fit. Got an in depth feel for the organization and how projects were run. Got the impression that there was low turnover and that most people liked working there. They are a typical cubicle farm though which is a turn off. Never met with anyone in HR, so no benefits or perks were presented or discussed. After the interview the feedback was very positive and I was told they liked me. Then the recruiter told me there was a newly implemented hiring freeze. Seemed very odd to me.

Interview Questions

• Wanted to know if I would relocate. Asked a couple of different times too. They must have had problems with people not relocating to take the job.   Answer Question

Senior Graphic Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Radio Systems Corporation.

Interview

The company is very disorganized. After being contacted by HR and conducting my first short interview, it was another month before I was called back for a panel interview. After that, it was another month before I was called back for a second panel interview, after which I had to wait another two weeks before I received my rejection notice, by voicemail. The whole process took three months. That seems a little excessive. On the up side, I enjoyed everyone I met at the company. They were very nice and personable. I would still consider applying for another position there someday.

Interview Questions

• They repeatedly asked me if I felt comfortable directing activities like photo or commercial shoots, which have little to do with the skills/duties of a graphic designer.   1 Answer

Call Center Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Radio Systems Corporation (Knoxville, TN) in January 2014.

Interview

2 hour long interview. they really search for the right people. you are tested in phone and typing skills, and brought to 2 different rooms being interviewed. They ask the usual questions most interviewers ask.

Interview Questions

• how did you handle a difficult customer?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Radio Systems Corporation (Knoxville, TN) in April 2013.

Interview

Just tell them you like helping people. Explain that you are good with computers and can multi-task effectively. Find a way to talk about how you handle angry people by simply remaining calm and allowing them to vent. Be prepared to display basic Excel and Word skills. Emphasize your willingness to take on more responsibility without receiving any additional compensation.

Interview Questions

• Would you like a low paying job working nights and weekends with non-consecutive days off and no possibility of a real career.   1 Answer

Radio Systems Corporation Response

Aug 17, 2015 – Recruiter

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about our Customer Care interview process! We value your feedback greatly.

Program Manager- Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Radio Systems Corporation (Knoxville, TN) in June 2012.

Interview

Pros- The Culture is amazing, seems to offer great benefits, good healthy environment, encouraging wellness.
    Team seemed great and welcoming.

Cons- The business is VERY unorganized, have no real process in place for ANYTHING, and did not seem as they intended to implement any sort of structure. Very ridged environment, afraid of change, with little to no turn over.They seemed to be growing-rapidly past their capabilities and skills. The whole business seems to be lacking some major elements needed to support the growth.

They also make their decision solely on a TEST called Caliper, which lets us know they have NO CLUE how hire in today's Market.

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Radio Systems Corporation (Knoxville, TN) in November 2011.

Interview

Resume was submitted by head-hunter. Had initial 1:1 interview with the manager responsible for the position. The position was a new position, expanding the engineering team. A week later an interview was scheduled with a panel of managers + engineers. A tour of the facility was given after the interview.

Interview Questions

• How do you store the map data into the memory of an embedded device, and how do you draw it smoothly on the display without using too much memory?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work at Radio Systems Corporation?   Answer Question

I did not find the work environment suitable, with very-low walled cubicles containing 4 engineers each, in an open floor design. I did not think it would be easy to concentrate while working there. The schedule and deadlines are also quite aggressive, so a lot of work seemed to be done evenings and weekends.

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Radio Systems Corporation (Knoxville, TN) in June 2011.

Interview

First got pre-screened by HR to understand my background and skills for the position. Then met with the hiring manager in an informal interview. We talked about the role and what the responsibilities were. Met with a couple of people on the team and talked about the company. The process was very underwhelming. I'm not sure they all understand that interviewing is a 2-way street and that I was trying to figure out it was the right place for me.