RadioShack Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

RadioShack Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

1.8

18 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at RadioShack (Chicago, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

there was a phone interview then one face to face interview with the manager of the store. The whole process only took about a week total for both interviews. I came in business casual outfit and was asked a few questions about my past experience with RadioShack, then about two hours later I received a call back with the job offer.

Interview Questions

• They just ask pretty standard retail questions. Like "are you comfortable having a sales goal?" and then put you in random customer situations.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't a negotiation. I was told during the interview what my pay would be.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at RadioShack (Chicago, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

i went for an in person interview and i was interviewed by 3 managers. After they decided i was a good fit. After waiting two weeks one of the managers called me and made me an offer. The benefits are great but now it looks like the company went bankruptcy.

Anonymous Employee in Frankfort, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at RadioShack (Frankfort, IL) in June 2014.

Interview

The manager of the location greeted me and began introducing himself and the store. Shortly after we walked towards the back office to begin the interviewing process. Typical sales questions involving the kinds of products the store sold as well as prior sales history.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at RadioShack (Chicago, IL) in June 2014.

Interview

Manager was pretty chill. He asked me the same robot questions everyone asks. He also asked if I spoke any languages and because I spoke Urdu, he hired me on the spot because it was a high traffic area of people from South Asia. The District manager was very judgmental though. It was a quick and easy interview. Didn't take long for the interview either. I had to drive to another location for the District manager interview. The background check took 2-3 weeks to come back.

Anonymous Employee in Morris, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at RadioShack (Morris, IL) in November 2013.

Interview

The interview processes was minimal. The entire thing consisted of filling out an application in store, answering a couple of questions and then waiting while the manager quickly flipped through the papers. Once hired, I was asked to come in a week early because the other trainee already quit.

Proper training was nowhere to be found, but rather haphazard training observations were conducted while we were expected to be immediately making sales we, for the most part, knew hardly anything about. Franchise Online training in the form of Web Modules were utilized, but offered little in the way of effective sales training.

After a couple of weeks, I was expected to start operating the store on my own, handling cash deposits that should only be handled by managers, with the full awareness that my training and experience were woefully lacking and the management lived out-of-town and hour away.

Overall, the interview was short, the hiring quick and the training negligible.

Interview Questions

• A question on the interview asked about the resistance created by a current in a particular piece of electrical hardware.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Non-Negotiable Part-Time Minimum Wage with No Benefits

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at RadioShack (Chicago, IL) in August 2013.

Interview

The interview process was very easy. I actually interviewed with my district manager, but he was very cool, and kept it very real. He was interested in why I was interested in business and sales, and what made me want to choose RadioShack. I wasn't expecting such a down to earth, meaningful conversation during an interview, but that's what it should be, and that's how it was.

Interview Questions

• Why do you feel that RadioShack is a good place for you to get experience for the business world?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Mundelein, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at RadioShack (Mundelein, IL) in August 2013.

Interview

Very basic, manager questions you about availability, skills, history, etc. Resume was helpful but not necessary, was not very intimidating. Relaxed and standard interview. After the interview, I was offered the position, needed to fill out background check paperwork. After that, had to fill out hiring documents through email a few days later. Then was called with a start date.

Anonymous Employee in Joliet, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at RadioShack (Joliet, IL).

Interview

Horrid, went to hiring fair with 20 other people. I was the only one there that was not a hooker, pimp, gangster, etc.... The District Manager actually asked me what set me apart from everyone else in the room.. I looked at him and just said "really", he laughs, sits back and agrees.

Interview Questions

• There was nothing, job is set up so any idiot can work there.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Run!

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at RadioShack (Chicago, IL) in November 2012.

Interview

Applied online, recieved a call the following day. Basically said I had an interview the following day. I went to the interview store, and was joined the DM of the are, and the human resources agent. Both asked some random questions, like "where do you expect to be in five years?"

Interview Questions

• Try to sell me whatever you are holding in your hand. In this case, your pen. How would you sell it to me?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, it was minimum wage with a very very small commission.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lombard, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at RadioShack (Lombard, IL) in March 2012.

Interview

Called in for phone interview,then asked to come in for panel interview, then asked to meet 1:1 with upper management for final interview.

Interview Questions

• Why Radio Shack?Asked behavioral,analytical,and scenarios outside of a work environment.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations