RadioShack Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 20, 2017

2.1

Assistant Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at RadioShack (Fort Worth, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied for the position online and received a call for an interview about two months later. The first interview was with HR and it was over the phone. About a week letter I was called in for a face to face interview with the Buyers, VP and HR. Both interviews took less then an hour. The interview process was fairly normal.

Interview Questions

• Describe your experience and how it relates to the position.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at RadioShack.

Interview

Went to a panel interview. I met with several other store managers before meeting with the district manager. I was the only store manager candidate at the panel since it was open for all positions. They didn't even have a store manager position open when they interviewed me. They hired me anyway.

Full Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsborough, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at RadioShack (Hillsborough, NJ) in July 2016.

Interview

Submitted application, received a text from an old colleague about interview time and date (not from interviewer themselves). En route set to arrive to interview an hour early receive call from the store saying that interviewer was leaving soon despite the fact that he had set the time for the interview (how rude!)

Interview Questions

• How long I previously worked for the company previously.
      If I wouldn't mind starting at Part Time to see how things went.   1 Answer

Sales Associate - Part Time Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Luis Obispo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at RadioShack (San Luis Obispo, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Practically no interview
    Hired basically because of my interview.
    If you are a college student in EE or CPE or similar major, chances are good you will get hired

Applied online and within a couple days I got a call from the manager of the store and set up an interview for the next day. Walked into the store and had a quick little talk in the store and was offered the position, I took the position because it was really only going to be a temporary part time job. Filled out some paper work and it was all set. Got a email a few days later with on-boarding info and then got another call and was told a start date.

Sales Associate - Part Time Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Union City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at RadioShack (Union City, NJ) in June 2016.

Interview

It was an okay interview. Asked the basic questions about previous employment and salary that I desire, if I was currently employed and if I am currently in school. Also asked if part time was okay with me and the salary that I will be receiving.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at RadioShack (Chicago, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

there was a phone interview then one face to face interview with the manager of the store. The whole process only took about a week total for both interviews. I came in business casual outfit and was asked a few questions about my past experience with RadioShack, then about two hours later I received a call back with the job offer.

Interview Questions

• They just ask pretty standard retail questions. Like "are you comfortable having a sales goal?" and then put you in random customer situations.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't a negotiation. I was told during the interview what my pay would be.

Sales Associaate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Garnerville, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at RadioShack (Garnerville, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

Supposed to be a two part interview, one with you store manager and then one with your district manager. I was lucky enough to go in on a day where both were there and I skipped one interview in response.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a tough situation with a customer?   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at RadioShack (New York, NY).

Interview

Walk in.

Made friends with one of the employees. After coming in for a while shopping for home theater products engaged in a conversation about how awesome radioshack was and in turn was asked if I wanted to work there. After careful consideration a said yes and asked what I needed to do. I was told to apply on Indeed in addition to the radioshack website because the manager received those applications directly. Also, be sure to know the store number for the location in which you wish to apply for.

The next day I had the employee/friend unofficially introduce me to the manager and mentioned that I was interested in working there.

I was followed up by receiving a phone call the next day and went in for a formal interview the day after that.

Before the week was over, I had a job offer. =)

Interview Questions

• To show the manager how you would sell your phone if they were a customer.   1 Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sylmar, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at RadioShack (Sylmar, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Easy. Nothing really drastic just the usual questions. All they really care about is if you're able to bring in sales. They asked me to sell them a charger and I did in both english and spanish which really impressed them.

POS Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at RadioShack (Seattle, WA) in February 2016.

Interview

I got to Radioshack, and I ended up interviewing for TWO HOURS.
    They have tons of questions they have to ask you. Honestly I've applied for much more prestigious jobs with less questions, so I don't know why RS thinks they are so high and mighty.