RadioShack Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 27, 2017

2.1

Sales Associate - Part Time Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at RadioShack (Brooklyn, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

I actually walked into the location dressed for an interview with a different company and asked if they were hiring. I was then interviewed on the spot and was told that I got the job within 3 days. I really believe that I just got lucky; that very location was in desperate need of additional employees.

Interview Questions

• Have you worked retail before?
      Why Radio Shack?
      Are you comfortable selling products/services?
      Answer Question

Area Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at RadioShack (Baltimore, MD) in March 2015.

Interview

This is the view mainly was to try to figure out what type of person you are how you handle things in your prior jobs can you handle conflict can you handle adversity can you be proactive and make good decisions can you manage large groups of people at one time a lot of scenarios what would you do and can you compare it to what what have you done
    How do you reward for performance other than pay they ask the same questions many ways

Interview Questions

• What is the best thing you have done for employee to make them more productive there   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at RadioShack (Chicago, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

i went for an in person interview and i was interviewed by 3 managers. After they decided i was a good fit. After waiting two weeks one of the managers called me and made me an offer. The benefits are great but now it looks like the company went bankruptcy.

Radioshack Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at RadioShack (Fayetteville, GA).

Interview

Two interviews not that long easy breezy no reason to even be nervous for. I think it was a total of 5 questions total in each interview both interviews were completely different.

Interview Questions

• What would I do if a customer yelled at me?   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was easy wish I had pushed harder to be at top pay in the beginning.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at RadioShack.

Interview

The initial application is on the Radio Shack website, it's a fairly long application requiring you to take a timed test to assess your math and some other skills. The interview was held in another store where there were multiple store managers from several locations. I sat with two managers, one from the store I was applying at and one from another store. After the interview I was offered a position as a sales associate and went to a one day training class. There are multiple other online training courses that are taken in store after hire.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult or unexpected questions, just basic describe a time when... happened.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No Negotiation.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at RadioShack.

Interview

very simple. only asked basic questions about electronics. the only thing he asked me is what 10% of 500 is. and i said 50. then you interview with the DM and if the manager likes you then you basically already have the job. The DM just wants to meet you and get to know the person who will be joining his team.

Interview Questions

• no difficult questions at all. its pretty easy and straight forward   Answer Question

Negotiation

no its a base salary for the minumum wage

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merrimack, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at RadioShack (Merrimack, NH) in December 2014.

Interview

Long comfortable interview. Nearly begged for me to take the job but minimum wage plus 3% commission won't pay the bills. 50% off was a nice benefit but also only hire management from within, and I need better pay. 26 hours part time and 36 hours full time.

Interview Questions

• Human encounter, reaction to situations, drive for sales.   Answer Question

Pay unstable and low

Anonymous Employee in Pocatello, ID

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at RadioShack (Pocatello, ID) in December 2014.

Interview

I was never interview for the job. I was promoted from within. I can tell you from helping hire other employees, that they are the standard questions such as, what makes you stand above everyone else?

Sales Associate - Part Time Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at RadioShack.

Interview

I applied online and then had a follow up phone call to come in and do an in-store interview. Most questions were very basic. They wanted to know my background, what were my strengths/weaknesses. Why would I make a good employee. The usual stuff. I was only looking for a part-time position while in college.

Other options

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at RadioShack.

Interview

IT was an easy hiring process with just an interview and background check. It took two weeks and I was hired. THe interview was almost pro forma as he didnt really ask me many questions. He seemed to have already have hired me in his head before I even interviewed.