Rady Children's Hospital Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Rady Children's Hospital Interview Questions

Interviews at Rady Children's Hospital

Ophthalmic Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Rady Children's Hospital (San Diego, CA).

Interview

I received a call from the Ophthalmology Office Manager to come in for a formal interview. Then after the first interview I was interviewed again by the Head Ophthalmologist.

Interview Questions

• It was more like a skills exam:
      How many years of experience do you have in Ophthalmology?
       What is your knowledge working with children?
      There were were scenario based questions:
      What would a typical day be like in a clinical setting from previous employer?
      How would you handle a difficult coworker/patient/parent?
      When can you start?   Answer Question

Anesthesia Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Rady Children's Hospital (San Diego, CA).

Interview

It can take a ridiculous amount of time for the entire hiring process.
    The same set of behavioral interview questions are standard and used for any hospital position.

Administrative Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Rady Children's Hospital (San Diego, CA).

Interview

The online application is thorough and allows you to setup a job search client. For some positions, there will be additional questions to filter out unqualified candidates. [] I wasn't contacted for a couple of weeks after my application was submitted. I went through one phone interview and one in person interview. Some departments hold a succession of interviews, or group interviews where you might meet the entire department. [] The interview itself wasn't difficult, but it was long. Lots of story telling because it was a behavioral based interview. [] After accepting the position, it took another two weeks to go through their physical testing, drug test, etc.

Interview Questions

• The questions were mostly behavioral based (e.g., how would you handle X, tell me about a time you X).   Answer Question

Negotiation

The salary was better than I expected, so I accepted.

Business Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rady Children's Hospital (San Diego, CA) in May 2010.

Interview

Intense. Approx. 200 pages of material. One could get a CIA clearance after this hiring process.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary. The interview was mostly written out for the manager.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Back and forth. They had problems with calculating my past experience in order to submit a fair offer.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rady Children's Hospital (San Diego, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

After submitting the application, I received an email from the manager about a month later. We scheduled a phone interview. A week later, I was invited for an interview and invited back for the computer skills testing. The process was efficient and moved along quickly which I liked.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you deal with a difficult co-worker or patient. How did you deal with it?   Answer Question

RN Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Rady Children's Hospital (San Diego, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

so long ago I can't remember except that the interviewer was very personable and relaxed. There were not a lot of questions related to scenarios or 'what would you do" type questions back then

Respiratory Therapist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rady Children's Hospital (San Diego, CA) in August 2010.

Interview

Interviewed with the supervisor of the PICU where there were mostly questions regarding one's personality versus actual clinical questions. The interview took approximately 30 minutes to 45 minutes. I was offered the position within a few days after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had a conflict between a coworker and how did you resolve it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiating process. They offered the job, told me the salary and either I accepted or not.

Service Desk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rady Children's Hospital (San Diego, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied for the positon about two weeks ago before I received a call from Rady. I got an initial phone interview and talked about my job history with little IT questions. I later accepted a panel interview that consisted of 6 people: IT Manager, 3 techs, 1 lead, and a desktop technician.

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rady Children's Hospital in July 2016.

Interview

During the initial interview asked basic HR competencies related to the job. Lengthy list of behavioral based questions and asked to provide examples. Interview was done in a group format. Contact was done by departmental team and not HR. Was invited back for a second interview which didn't take place, was provided a tour and given an electronic excel test. Contacted the team back to thank them numerous times via e-mail and absolutely no response back from the departmental team or HR. No contact was very disappointing. Particularly after contact by the departmental team that was up to four contacts per day by phone and e-mail. Was pursued for several weeks and at one point even asked for references.

Interview Questions

• What interested you in applying for the position? How did you prepare for the interview?   Answer Question

Dietitian Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rady Children's Hospital.

Interview

Very straight forward--I applied and not too long after I was called for an interview. Had an in person interview with three panelists that included the manager and two dietitians.