Rady Children's Hospital Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Rady Children's Hospital Interview Questions

Interviews at Rady Children's Hospital

Financial Systems Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rady Children's Hospital in September 2013.

Interview

Submitted application online and received a call from HR a couple weeks later. Round one was a one on one with the hiring manager. None of the dreaded behavioral based questions. Most of the questions were certainly geared towards the job function and company. "What is your experience using systems X, Y, Z?" "Why do you want to work at Rady?" The interview was a two way process and my questions were encouraged. I was invited back for round two the next week. This consisted of 4-5 one on one sessions with other people that work closely with the position. These were of similar nature - two-way and casual but to the point. Very friendly.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about some difficult situations where working with an individual was difficult.   Answer Question

Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rady Children's Hospital.

Interview

I applied online and was interviewed by HR. Then I was interviewed by department supervisor. Then I was interviewed by department director. Three separate interviews on different days. My interviews were friendly and focused on sussing out past experiences that would be helpful to the new position. They were relaxed but professional (which I really liked). The whole process took about a month from submission to hire date.

Interview Questions

• How would you approach enlisting the cooperation of co-workers who are neither your direct reports nor in the same division/department as you?   Answer Question

Credentialing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Rady Children's Hospital (San Diego, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

It was a panel interview with all managers as well as those who would be my peers. It was fairly uncomfortable, they weren't friendly and seemed like they all wanted to be somewhere else.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your last job   1 Answer

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rady Children's Hospital.

Interview

The interview Rady uses is based on a series of questions posed to the interviewee, something like: describe a situation in which you had to mediate between colleagues; describe a time when you had to implement a difficult process, etc. The actual answers were important, but equally important was how the interviewee handled themselves. Did they ask clarifying questions when necessary? Did they make sure to answer the question asked?

Interview Questions

• There was no question that surprised me or was particularly difficult   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very little negotiation or flexibility.

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Rady Children's Hospital.

Interview

Interviewed with a panel after tour of unit. less than enthusiastic staff. parking situation was interesting. new facility was nice but old hospital seemed run down and parking lot was.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rady Children's Hospital (San Diego, CA).

Interview

First interview was a test with trick questions, they try to confused you so you really have to pay attention to detail and check your work. No calculator where aloud, I got a call back the next day , so I'm interviewing in a day.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Rady Children's Hospital (San Diego, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

got lost in the cracks waited long time, I was offered the job and forgot about after doing all the required stuff needed to do, finally got the job after months and months. They said that to many people working the cases

Interview Questions

• where do I find my self in 5 years, I had no idea where I wanted to be just with a company that was growing   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rady Children's Hospital (San Diego, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied for this position because the recruiter reached out to me and said I would be a good fit due to my leadership skills.
    I did a few tests on the computer and then went into an interview with HR. The lady who runs the interview is very serious and didn't make me feel comfortable. Unfortunately, I didn't get another interview.

Medical Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Rady Children's Hospital (San Diego, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

Had to take an IQ test on medical terminology, medication administration, a typing test, background check, drug test. After initial interview they would contact a specific site interested in me, then I had to go to another interview at that specific site and interview with the site supervisor

Medical Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rady Children's Hospital (San Diego, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

First, there is the MA assessment that consists of 15-20 questions with a "why did you become a medical assistant" question at the end. It's fairly easy if you know you dosage calculations and how to prepare an injection. Pass that assessment then move on to phase two, a computer test then a typing test. Pass those, then have an interview with HR. Pass that, then have another interview at the work site you'll be wanting to work. After that... I don't know. I'm still in the process.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you? What qualities make a good team. Define teamwork. Talk about a time where you had a disagreement with a co-worker.   Answer Question