Rady Children's Hospital Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Rady Children's Hospital Interview Questions

Interviews at Rady Children's Hospital

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rady Children's Hospital.

Interview

It was very thorough and inlcuded time with the entire team and clinical leadership. The process was well organized and they worked to find a time most convenient for me. The best part was talking with the team and getting their first hand accounting of how things are for them. The entire process was positive and productive.

Interview Questions

• I like that they asked me what I like to do for fun.   1 Answer

New Grad RN Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rady Children's Hospital.

Interview

Was interviewed by four people. Each took turns asking me questions on a sheet of paper. The overall vibe was kind of awkward and the panelists didn't seem very interested in me from the beginning. One even look annoyed.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with stress, professionally and personally?   Answer Question

Developmental Services Aide Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Rady Children's Hospital (San Diego, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Very friendly phone interview followed by in-person interview with two people. It was made clear during the phone interview that there's almost no room for salary negotiation. Questions were mostly behavioral based for the in-person interview. Received an email a month later stating that I didn't move on.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a goal you reached and how you achieved it.   Answer Question
    • Describe a stressful situation and how you handled it.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you worked with a group on a project.   Answer Question

PAR III Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rady Children's Hospital (San Diego, CA) in July 2018.

Interview

Was given different scenarios and asked how I would handle them. Was asked where I see myself in 5 years. Given 3 tasks and asked in which order I would take care of them.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Rady Children's Hospital (San Diego, CA).

Interview

The interview process was a group interview with lead staff members from the operating room, where each member of the panel asked two questions each. After they had finished, i was then allowed to ask any questions that I had. It was a great process and allowed me to determine whether it was a great fit for me as well as the organization.

Interview Questions

• Please give a description of an abdominal appendectomy   1 Answer

PC Customer Service Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rady Children's Hospital (San Diego, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

Wow, what a doozy. First, the hiring manager gave me the salary range in our first email communications before any interview. I liked this because it was very straight forward and didn't waste time. I was invited for an interview but did not expect a panel of ~8 people! There was even someone on a speakerphone. So intimidating right off the bat.

The very first question came from the manager, "So, why Rady's?" I can't stand this pretentious question but most of the big companies ask it. It's so condescending like, "We are so great here and please tell us some Godly things about our organization." I really just wanted to answer, “Because I’m looking for a job with better pay….” However I didn’t and we moved forward.

Next, one of the 5 tech’s gave me a scenario question: “Phone rings at 4:55 pm and it’s a doctor in an operating room. He wants you to help him with a piece of equipment that no one has ever seen before (including you). As you get up to leave the CEO calls and has a powerpoint he is having trouble with and he is leaving for the airport in 15 minutes. What do you do?”

My answer: “Tell the CEO I’ll be there in 10 minutes and go to the operating room.”

They were silent. The tech looked at his manager and she leaned towards me and said, “Are you sure? The CEO makes us money.”

I couldn’t believe it, they would rather go to the CEO then an operating room WITH A CHILD on the table. I knew right then and there I could never work for such a deceitful company. And by reading a lot of the negative reviews, I made the right decision.

Interview Questions

• “Phone rings at 4:55 pm and it’s a doctor in an operating room. He wants you to help him with a piece of equipment that no one has ever seen before (including you). As you get up to leave the CEO calls and has a powerpoint he is having trouble with and he is leaving for the airport in 15 minutes. What do you do?”   1 Answer

PSR Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Rady Children's Hospital (San Diego, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

got lost in the cracks waited long time, I was offered the job and forgot about after doing all the required stuff needed to do, finally got the job after months and months. They said that to many people working the cases

Interview Questions

• where do I find my self in 5 years, I had no idea where I wanted to be just with a company that was growing   Answer Question

Medical Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rady Children's Hospital (San Diego, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

First, there is the MA assessment that consists of 15-20 questions with a "why did you become a medical assistant" question at the end. It's fairly easy if you know you dosage calculations and how to prepare an injection. Pass that assessment then move on to phase two, a computer test then a typing test. Pass those, then have an interview with HR. Pass that, then have another interview at the work site you'll be wanting to work. After that... I don't know. I'm still in the process.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you? What qualities make a good team. Define teamwork. Talk about a time where you had a disagreement with a co-worker.   Answer Question

New Graduate RN Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Rady Children's Hospital (San Diego, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Was called about 2 weeks after my application was submitted, Interview was great, standard questions along with behavioral style-teamwork-conflict resolution oriented. I was told I would be notified in 2-3 weeks either way (with or without a job offer), and was never contacted. I contacted the floor supervisor, the nurse recruiter twice, and finally sent a message to ask for feedback about what I might improve on. The lack of communication was very frustrating, but mostly because I had been led to believe I would be contacted. The Interview, was with a director, supervisor and nurse educators, they were all fantastic. I believe a change was transpiring that caused hiccups in the process.

Interview Questions

• Name a time one of your Boundaries had been violated?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you were given an "assignment" (task) that was not clearly specified, how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Administrative Associate B Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rady Children's Hospital.

Interview

I applied for several positions relating to Administrative jobs with minimum requirement to have an Associates degree. I have a bachelor's in Business Administration above an AA with experience. No email or any follow up to let you know of the job status. You need to check the website to read the computer generated notes whether or not your application has been considered to move on to the next step. Applying to Rady children's is a waste of time, unless you know someone or work with a staffing agency that specialize in helping you getting into healthcare administration.