Rafael Vinoly Architects Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Rafael Vinoly Architects Interview Questions

2.9

Architectural Model Maker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rafael Vinoly Architects (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

I was invited for an interview within 2 weeks after my email application. I was interviewed with two professionals including the head of the department and the senior model maker, and told to introduce myself briefly at the beginning. They kindly explained the position and the overall work process that is more or less under the principal, Rafael Vinoly's thumb. The interview ended with an office tour including the main office and the model shop.

Interview Questions

• Did you have a chance to apply for a Junior architect position?   Answer Question

Intermediate Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rafael Vinoly Architects (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

people are super busy there, but nice and friendly. Very frank and efficient, fast pace environment. The final decision was made by the big boss, while the interview was with the team leader, it was a project based position.

Junior Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rafael Vinoly Architects (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

1:1 inverview, go through resemus first, explained whole portfolio, then introuduced firm's projects, structructure, etc., 30 minutes interview + 10 minutes studio tour., no second interview, it was just a typical interview process you may imagine. no difficult questions.

Architectural Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Rafael Vinoly Architects (New York, NY).

Interview

My interview was very informal. We mainly talked about my previous work and some opportunities and projects RVA was working on. It was more about personality / character and whether I would be a good fit for the office culture.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rafael Vinoly Architects (New York, NY).

Interview

I had two interviews. The first one was funny, honest, cool guy. He did not hold back about the pros and cons of the office and -as it turned out later- he nailed it. The second interview was a little weird but: she never looked me straight in the eyes and was constantly working on her hands. She had trouble to bring her sentences out and to a successful end.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Straight forward.

Undeclared Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rafael Vinoly Architects.

Interview

Interviewer arrived an hour late. They were professional and apologized about it.
    The duration was approx. 20 mins. The interviewer didn't put down their phone or make eye contact. The interview ended abruptly.

Interview Questions

• The lack of questions asked by the interviewer.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was none or no option to make you feel like you will truly make an impact at the company.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Rafael Vinoly Architects (New York, NY) in April 2010.

Interview

I was on time, but the interview started about 20 minutes late. I waited in a very nice reception area. The interview itself was about 40 min and I was asked fairly typical questions about my experience. We went through my portfolio in detail. The interviewer then told me about the work they have in the office and what they are looking for. He also described the specific role I would be suitable for. It all sounded interesting and it was something I was looking for. It was a good interview. Subsequent to the interview I was able to get in touch with the interviewer and get even more detail on the projects and specific work required.

Interview Questions

• There were no tricks to this interview. It was conducted in a very efficient and professional way.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. It was a pretty bad time in the economy, so they had an advantage. But the work also looked interesting and challenging, and this was mostly driving my decision to accept.

Administrative/Architecture Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Rafael Vinoly Architects in April 2010.

Interview

Initial interview went well, though I was warned that the job required 70-80 hours a week... Second interview was on a Sunday --yes a Sunday. The interviewer was late, did not introduce himself, did not apologize for being late, and spent the entire interview negotiating down my salary requirement.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work 70-80 hours a week all the time?   1 Answer

Very bad impression of the firm -