Rain Bird Interview Questions in Arizona | Glassdoor

2.8

25 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Tooling Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rain Bird (Tucson, AZ) in September 2016.

Interview

Mostly phone interview and then in person. Had meeting all day long with various departments and HR. After the interview process they they took about a month to give me an offer letter. This was the 3 time in 5 years that I had interviewed with Rain Bird.

Interview Questions

• A lot of questions about experience.   1 Answer

Product/Channel Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rain Bird (Phoenix, AZ) in July 2016.

Interview

Two telephone interviews, first a screener, then second - an in depth discussion of the needs of the role. Discussed the negative reviews on GlassDoor. The answer was: Do you like sports? Which sports do you like? (me: Football) - OK, so on a football roster you have 53 players. The owner of the team, at the end of every season, wants the best team, so they rank those 53 players, and take the best 53 that exist before the start of the next season. Maybe you are a great player, but, during the course of the year, stronger players joined the team - they still only take 53 players forward, so you might get cut - its the motivation for being a top player.

I thought that was an interesting viewpoint. They always say hire smart people that could replace you, but..... Certainly a lot to think about with an explanation like that.

Overall, a very lively discussion in a good way. By the end of the interview, the hiring manager was suggesting that they needed to rethink the position, or, structuring it different than what was advertised. Through discussion, it became apparent that this wasn't a typical Channel/Product Marketing position. Perhaps more Marketing Communication or Business Dev.

Interview Questions

• How would you develop a relationship with Spanish speaking Hispanic Landscapers that are self employed, don't buy from wholesalers, and market to them so that they prefer our products?   2 Answers

Contractor Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rain Bird (Tucson, AZ) in January 2016.

Interview

Three headed Monster. You had to meet with three of the rainbird upper management. Management is looking for a programmable Rep. Not interested in your professional skill set. They are searching for an amigo not a a professional

Senior Business Unit Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Rain Bird (Tucson, AZ) in October 2015.

Interview

In short, the interview process was very lengthy. It was comprised of both telephone and face to face discussions varying in length from an hour to several hours. After 2 1/2 months of interviews, I was neither extended an offer nor told I was no longer a candidate.

Interview Questions

• What qualities and successes do you believe you can bring to this position from your current industry?   2 Answers
    • How influential are you in your current role and what are some of the methods you use to ensure your customers are satisfied with their products?   3 Answers

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rain Bird (Tucson, AZ) in July 2015.

Interview

Slow and long. The manager or director conducting the interview will not take the decision; he will be your boss, but the decision will be taking by Top Management (under his personal interest, not for the best for the company). So, he is afraid of the candidates to submit. Sometimes the interview by Skype, very quick, they just reject candidates without knowing the person. And they have very limited knowledge because most of them have been there by decades and they know just one company, and they keep managing in the same old way, with fears to something different.

Interview Questions

• They asked the normal, previous experience, details of the job, if you have experience laying people off, etc.   3 Answers

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rain Bird (Tucson, AZ) in May 2015.

Interview

First a recruiter called, we had a couple one hour conversations.
    Then we did Skype video discussions with Rain Bird senior director.
    Then another Skype video conference with a business manager.

Then an onsite interview where there were Open discussions with a broad team, one hour each person.

Interview Questions

• Why leaving current role
      Questions about my current role   1 Answer

Communications Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Rain Bird (Tucson, AZ) in February 2015.

Interview

My interview process was smooth and easy. It consisted of an initial interview with the hiring manager, another phone interview with another employee and a day of onsite interviews with senior leaders. Each interview felt more like a conversation than a standard interview which made it much more relaxed and comfortable. What I found most beneficial was the ability to talk with leaders from so many areas of the company. Each had views in relation to the role I was interviewing for and provided unique insight into the company.

Interview Questions

• We've talked about successes in your career, but can you name a failure and what you learned from it?   2 Answers

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rain Bird (Tucson, AZ).

Interview

Not a very involved process. I got the feeling they were more interested in my resume than in me.

Interview Questions

• One of my future peers asked me if I was really ready to step into such a negative culture.   3 Answers

Negotiation

Generous offer, not much negotiation.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rain Bird (Tucson, AZ) in June 2013.

Interview

No situation, Action, results questions asked on the solution selling method or how one resolved a complex sale. Seemed that the hiring decision was based on if they liked you and not what your abilities were. No salary requirements given, except that there is a cap on what you can make.

Interview Questions

• none, that is what was so surprising   1 Answer

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rain Bird (Tucson, AZ) in October 2012.

Interview

On site interview

Interview Questions

• Very simple to the point questions related to the job positions. No technical questions. Talked about my experiences in assembly product flow, SolidWorks etc.   2 Answers

Negotiation

Not negotiated