Rain Bird Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.4

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Featured Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Rain Bird (San Diego, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Went over highlights of all the projects I had worked on for the last 10 years or so. Interviewer's asked more detailed questions about work experience that pertained to their current project(s).

Interview Questions

• Can you describe in detail one of the projects that you worked on and your responsibilities?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Rain Bird

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Rain Bird (Tucson, AZ) in August 2011.

Interview

it was through a contractor, but the process was fast and easy.

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rain Bird (Tucson, AZ) in June 2011.

Interview

Interview process relaxed. Flew me in, interviewed with 4 people & the director. A pathetic solidworks test followed conducted by a temp guy who was trying to make it too hard for everyone. They made it seem like they are building Rocket Engines.

Interview Questions

• Basic HR questions, nothing too complicated.   2 Answers

Negotiation

No negotiations

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Azusa, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rain Bird (Azusa, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

Face to face with the manager was fine.

It was the company policies that raised eyebrows. Metal detectors and briefcase searches on the way in and out... Holy intrusiveness: Hair follicle drug test... What the heck for? This company makes sprinklers, not missiles. Declined just on the principle of privacy. Also heard from from employees of episodes such as the company hiring private investigators to trail employees.

Interview Questions

• You will need to submit to a hair follicle drug screen, are you okay with that?   2 Answers

Privacy... there is no reason why some employer should ask for a hair follicle drug test if the position is not sensitive.

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rain Bird in December 2008.

Interview

All of the people were very friendly and open. Questions were readily answered, and a short, somewhat limited tour of the facility was provided. I met one on one with a number of staff in the department at various levels, getting a good idea of how things were run. The initial reception was odd, as there was no receptionist just a security guard and metal detectors - not too inviting, though other parts of the facility were better.

Interview Questions

• Describe a project which is an example of one of your recent failures.   2 Answers

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rain Bird (Melbourne (Australia)) in May 2012.

Interview

1 round phone interview; 2nd round phone interview by senior technical staff in U.S.; 3rd round face to face interview; 4th round face to face interview;

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Salary negotiation. The interviewer will ask your expected salary and they will consider this if they decide to grant offer to you.

Engineering Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rain Bird in January 2008.

Interview

Started with phone interview, followed with 2nd phone interview. Then 1 full day of onside interview.