Rain Bird Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

32 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Rain Bird (Tucson, AZ) in May 2017.

Interview

National recruiter made contact with me to discuss the iopportunity. This was a two month process, multiple phone and video conferencing interviews, followed by company visit with multiple in-person interviews. No offer was made, no feedback given.

Firmware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rain Bird (Tucson, AZ) in May 2017.

Interview

There was one phone interview then I went to the Rain Bird Tucson site for 2 interviews. The phone interview was mostly a C programing skills test. The first on-site interview was with the Software Engineering Manager. The second on-site was with senior managers. HR and peers. A couple of the interviews were via video conference and the rest face to face. Discussions ranged from very technical to pretty casual. They provided lunch and a short facility tour.

Interview Questions

• Describe an instance where you were wrong in your career.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salinas, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rain Bird (Salinas, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Had a phone interview with the hiring manager for about 30 minutes. Went fine. Then was asked to drive one hour to meet hiring manager in person at a restaurant. Met there for about 2 hours. Went fine. While at the restaurant, hiring manager said that another account manager would reach out to me by phone within a few days so that I could get a salesperson's perspective of the job. It took more than a week to actually speak to this person. Phone conversation went fine with him. After this conversation, they never reached out to me again. I left countless messages that were never returned. 4 weeks later they still have not bothered to actually contact me to say that they have chosen someone else. What a bunch of rude, arrogant, uncaring people. I am glad I was rejected! P.S. Since you couldn't be bothered, please consider this my written notice to you that I am officially withdrawing my application and consideration for employment with RainBird.

Interview Questions

• All they wanted to know was my experience closing business deals.   Answer Question

Product/Channel Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rain Bird (Phoenix, AZ) in July 2016.

Interview

Two telephone interviews, first a screener, then second - an in depth discussion of the needs of the role. Discussed the negative reviews on GlassDoor. The answer was: Do you like sports? Which sports do you like? (me: Football) - OK, so on a football roster you have 53 players. The owner of the team, at the end of every season, wants the best team, so they rank those 53 players, and take the best 53 that exist before the start of the next season. Maybe you are a great player, but, during the course of the year, stronger players joined the team - they still only take 53 players forward, so you might get cut - its the motivation for being a top player.

I thought that was an interesting viewpoint. They always say hire smart people that could replace you, but..... Certainly a lot to think about with an explanation like that.

Overall, a very lively discussion in a good way. By the end of the interview, the hiring manager was suggesting that they needed to rethink the position, or, structuring it different than what was advertised. Through discussion, it became apparent that this wasn't a typical Channel/Product Marketing position. Perhaps more Marketing Communication or Business Dev.

Interview Questions

• How would you develop a relationship with Spanish speaking Hispanic Landscapers that are self employed, don't buy from wholesalers, and market to them so that they prefer our products?   2 Answers

Contractor Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rain Bird (Tucson, AZ) in January 2016.

Interview

Three headed Monster. You had to meet with three of the rainbird upper management. Management is looking for a programmable Rep. Not interested in your professional skill set. They are searching for an amigo not a a professional

Senior Business Unit Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Rain Bird (Tucson, AZ) in October 2015.

Interview

In short, the interview process was very lengthy. It was comprised of both telephone and face to face discussions varying in length from an hour to several hours. After 2 1/2 months of interviews, I was neither extended an offer nor told I was no longer a candidate.

Interview Questions

• What qualities and successes do you believe you can bring to this position from your current industry?   2 Answers
    • How influential are you in your current role and what are some of the methods you use to ensure your customers are satisfied with their products?   3 Answers

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rain Bird (Tucson, AZ) in May 2015.

Interview

First a recruiter called, we had a couple one hour conversations.
    Then we did Skype video discussions with Rain Bird senior director.
    Then another Skype video conference with a business manager.

Then an onsite interview where there were Open discussions with a broad team, one hour each person.

Interview Questions

• Why leaving current role
      Questions about my current role   1 Answer

Contractor Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Rain Bird (Fresno, CA).

Interview

Interviewed face to face three time, with the last interview with the National Manager. This manager has little knowledge of the industry but has an excellent business knowledge. had an opportunity to get to know the direct manager of the position in two interviews, this lead to a better understanding of what would be needed to suceed

Interview Questions

• take me through your work history.   2 Answers

Communications Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Rain Bird (Tucson, AZ) in February 2015.

Interview

My interview process was smooth and easy. It consisted of an initial interview with the hiring manager, another phone interview with another employee and a day of onsite interviews with senior leaders. Each interview felt more like a conversation than a standard interview which made it much more relaxed and comfortable. What I found most beneficial was the ability to talk with leaders from so many areas of the company. Each had views in relation to the role I was interviewing for and provided unique insight into the company.

Interview Questions

• We've talked about successes in your career, but can you name a failure and what you learned from it?   2 Answers

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Rain Bird in April 2014.

Interview

Applied online and had phone interview with director a few weeks later. Director asked me to walk him through my resume, year by year. Had second phone interview with another director one month later which was more conversational and situation based.

Interview Questions

• If you could be any animal, what would you be? (really)   1 Answer