Rain Bird Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Rain Bird Interview Questions

Interviews at Rain Bird

2.8

Senior Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Rain Bird (Tucson, AZ) in September 2008.

Interview

1. Phone interview screening
    2. Second phone interview with hiring manager.
    3. Face to Face interview with 8 different people on site.
    4. Tour of facility.
    5. Offer, 2 weeks to decide
    6. Drug testing, college screening, background check.
    They want management background however if you don't fir the rainbird why you won't fit in and or be considered.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle rejection from upper management on ideas you present.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation was allowed, basically was presented as best offer being made.

Senior Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rain Bird in September 2016.

Interview

BEWARE...Horrible..horrible company. I went to interview at the Azusa, ca plant. Everyone that I interviewed with seemed to be extremely stressed out about their job. Go look at all the previous reviews about this place before you accept a job at this company....

Interview Questions

I want to stay at a place long term.

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Rain Bird (Tucson, AZ) in February 2012.

Interview

I was prepped to discuss working people out of the org and sure enough we spent a fair amount of time on that topic. Bizarre to be honest. Most other orgs are much more focused on how one grows the business.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience dealing with underperforming employees   Answer Question

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rain Bird (Tucson, AZ) in October 2012.

Interview

On site interview

Interview Questions

• Very simple to the point questions related to the job positions. No technical questions. Talked about my experiences in assembly product flow, SolidWorks etc.   2 Answers

Negotiation

Not negotiated

Test Technician Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rain Bird.

Interview

Interviewed by manager and 3 full time test technicians. They were very friendly and were even able to joke with me during the interview. They asked basic questions. The interview was less than 15 minutes long.

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rain Bird (Tucson, AZ) in July 2015.

Interview

Slow and long. The manager or director conducting the interview will not take the decision; he will be your boss, but the decision will be taking by Top Management (under his personal interest, not for the best for the company). So, he is afraid of the candidates to submit. Sometimes the interview by Skype, very quick, they just reject candidates without knowing the person. And they have very limited knowledge because most of them have been there by decades and they know just one company, and they keep managing in the same old way, with fears to something different.

Interview Questions

• They asked the normal, previous experience, details of the job, if you have experience laying people off, etc.   3 Answers

General Production Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Fe Springs, Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Rain Bird (Santa Fe Springs, Los Angeles, CA) in January 2009.

Interview

Individual interviews by the entire management team.
    The only shift initially offered is thrid shift.

Interview Questions

• Every interviewer asked if i had any issues firing people. I found out in my final interview that the reason they ask this question is becaue they erminate their labor force after x number of months to avoid paying benefits. The employee is not allowed to reapply for x nuymber of months.   1 Answer

Did not want to fire people or work thrid shift.

Firmware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rain Bird (Tucson, AZ) in May 2017.

Interview

There was one phone interview then I went to the Rain Bird Tucson site for 2 interviews. The phone interview was mostly a C programing skills test. The first on-site interview was with the Software Engineering Manager. The second on-site was with senior managers. HR and peers. A couple of the interviews were via video conference and the rest face to face. Discussions ranged from very technical to pretty casual. They provided lunch and a short facility tour.

Interview Questions

• Describe an instance where you were wrong in your career.   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Rain Bird in April 2014.

Interview

Applied online and had phone interview with director a few weeks later. Director asked me to walk him through my resume, year by year. Had second phone interview with another director one month later which was more conversational and situation based.

Interview Questions

• If you could be any animal, what would you be? (really)   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rain Bird in January 2009.

Interview

Overall good interview experience. Hiring Mangers were enthusistic about Rain Bird and very thorough in screening candidates. I was able to get a good honest perspective of the "ups and downs" of the position. They will definitely repeat they only hire "the best of the best". I am obvioulsly not currently working for Rain Bird, but I look at the interviewing opportunity as a positive experience moving through several levels of a tough interview process. They know what questions to ask and will fire through them interview quickly, so be prepared to have solid answers which can transition into the next question.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared to use specific situation based problems form past experience and your solution to the sales issue. They will then want to know how you could apply that to a Rain Bird setting.   Answer Question