Rain Bird Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 15, 2017

2.8

Contractor Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rain Bird (Tucson, AZ) in January 2016.

Interview

Three headed Monster. You had to meet with three of the rainbird upper management. Management is looking for a programmable Rep. Not interested in your professional skill set. They are searching for an amigo not a a professional

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rain Bird.

Interview

Quick hiring process but many interviews. Had to interview with hiring manager, national manager, product managers and directors. Process was challenging due to the amount of interviews but it was a short process overall.

Interview Questions

• Why should I hire you for this position?   2 Answers

Senior Business Unit Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Rain Bird (Tucson, AZ) in October 2015.

Interview

In short, the interview process was very lengthy. It was comprised of both telephone and face to face discussions varying in length from an hour to several hours. After 2 1/2 months of interviews, I was neither extended an offer nor told I was no longer a candidate.

Interview Questions

• What qualities and successes do you believe you can bring to this position from your current industry?   2 Answers
    • How influential are you in your current role and what are some of the methods you use to ensure your customers are satisfied with their products?   3 Answers

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rain Bird (Tucson, AZ) in July 2015.

Interview

Slow and long. The manager or director conducting the interview will not take the decision; he will be your boss, but the decision will be taking by Top Management (under his personal interest, not for the best for the company). So, he is afraid of the candidates to submit. Sometimes the interview by Skype, very quick, they just reject candidates without knowing the person. And they have very limited knowledge because most of them have been there by decades and they know just one company, and they keep managing in the same old way, with fears to something different.

Interview Questions

• They asked the normal, previous experience, details of the job, if you have experience laying people off, etc.   3 Answers

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Rain Bird.

Interview

Brief introduction and then you take a test that takes about 1 hr. to finish. Basic electronic Questions such as ohm's law. There's also a circuit which you need to find the voltages and current values, also how to add resistors in parallel and series.

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rain Bird (Tucson, AZ) in May 2015.

Interview

First a recruiter called, we had a couple one hour conversations.
    Then we did Skype video discussions with Rain Bird senior director.
    Then another Skype video conference with a business manager.

Then an onsite interview where there were Open discussions with a broad team, one hour each person.

Interview Questions

• Why leaving current role
      Questions about my current role   1 Answer

Contractor Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Rain Bird (Fresno, CA).

Interview

Interviewed face to face three time, with the last interview with the National Manager. This manager has little knowledge of the industry but has an excellent business knowledge. had an opportunity to get to know the direct manager of the position in two interviews, this lead to a better understanding of what would be needed to suceed

Interview Questions

• take me through your work history.   2 Answers

Receiving Clerk Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Rain Bird.

Interview

I wasnt really interviewed. I knew someone who worked there and she told me that they needed a replacement. They asked me to come to the office so I could see the place. They showed the the office and offered me the job.

Interview Questions

• Does this job seem interesting to you?   2 Answers

Communications Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Rain Bird (Tucson, AZ) in February 2015.

Interview

My interview process was smooth and easy. It consisted of an initial interview with the hiring manager, another phone interview with another employee and a day of onsite interviews with senior leaders. Each interview felt more like a conversation than a standard interview which made it much more relaxed and comfortable. What I found most beneficial was the ability to talk with leaders from so many areas of the company. Each had views in relation to the role I was interviewing for and provided unique insight into the company.

Interview Questions

• We've talked about successes in your career, but can you name a failure and what you learned from it?   2 Answers

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rain Bird (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Traditional Interview but lengthy with respect to the time between interviewers - there was no mention of the culture, forced ranking and other particulars that would have been critical pieces of information to the individual applying.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were difficult nor unexpected - very routine employment inquiries.   Answer Question