Rain Bird Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 27, 2017

2.8

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rain Bird (Tucson, AZ) in May 2015.

Interview

First a recruiter called, we had a couple one hour conversations.
    Then we did Skype video discussions with Rain Bird senior director.
    Then another Skype video conference with a business manager.

Then an onsite interview where there were Open discussions with a broad team, one hour each person.

Interview Questions

• Why leaving current role
      Questions about my current role
      1 Answer

Contractor Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Rain Bird (Fresno, CA).

Interview

Interviewed face to face three time, with the last interview with the National Manager. This manager has little knowledge of the industry but has an excellent business knowledge. had an opportunity to get to know the direct manager of the position in two interviews, this lead to a better understanding of what would be needed to suceed

Interview Questions

• take me through your work history.   2 Answers

Receiving Clerk Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Rain Bird.

Interview

I wasnt really interviewed. I knew someone who worked there and she told me that they needed a replacement. They asked me to come to the office so I could see the place. They showed the the office and offered me the job.

Interview Questions

• Does this job seem interesting to you?   2 Answers

Communications Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Rain Bird (Tucson, AZ) in February 2015.

Interview

My interview process was smooth and easy. It consisted of an initial interview with the hiring manager, another phone interview with another employee and a day of onsite interviews with senior leaders. Each interview felt more like a conversation than a standard interview which made it much more relaxed and comfortable. What I found most beneficial was the ability to talk with leaders from so many areas of the company. Each had views in relation to the role I was interviewing for and provided unique insight into the company.

Interview Questions

• We've talked about successes in your career, but can you name a failure and what you learned from it?   2 Answers

Build Engineer Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Rain Bird (San Diego, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

Was called for a phone interview, then a panel interview. The panel was made up of managers from different projects, and different viewpoints, as well as the Hiring Manager. I brought along some concrete examples of the kinds of things they were looking for. That seemed to help a great deal.

Interview Questions

• What would be your approach to (x) technical challenge?   2 Answers

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Rain Bird in April 2014.

Interview

Applied online and had phone interview with director a few weeks later. Director asked me to walk him through my resume, year by year. Had second phone interview with another director one month later which was more conversational and situation based.

Interview Questions

• If you could be any animal, what would you be? (really)   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Interview

4 interviews within 2 weeks. Onboarding was a joke. I was given a laptop and a list of names and sent on my way.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rain Bird (Tucson, AZ).

Interview

Not a very involved process. I got the feeling they were more interested in my resume than in me.

Interview Questions

• One of my future peers asked me if I was really ready to step into such a negative culture.   3 Answers

Negotiation

Generous offer, not much negotiation.

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Rain Bird in December 2013.

Interview

Quick response after I emailed my resume to HR. Phone interview felt like more a technical knowledge quizzing than going over my successes in sales and business development. I had the field expertise from chemical/petrochem/refining work but I think he really wanted someone from the Ag engrg end. Being an avid golfer who has played overseas and resides in an arid climate was not an advantage.

Interview Questions

• Can you work in a regimented and very procedural work environment.   2 Answers

Product Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rain Bird.

Interview

Two phone interviews, fly to Azusa, CA, interviewed with hiring manager, two other management people and president of company, through interview process, professional

Interview Questions

• You have no irrigation experience, do you expect that to be a short fall or how do you over come.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate on salary and incentive was very competitive.