Rain Bird Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 18, 2017

2.8

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rain Bird (Tucson, AZ).

Interview

Not a very involved process. I got the feeling they were more interested in my resume than in me.

Interview Questions

• One of my future peers asked me if I was really ready to step into such a negative culture.   3 Answers

Negotiation

Generous offer, not much negotiation.

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Rain Bird in December 2013.

Interview

Quick response after I emailed my resume to HR. Phone interview felt like more a technical knowledge quizzing than going over my successes in sales and business development. I had the field expertise from chemical/petrochem/refining work but I think he really wanted someone from the Ag engrg end. Being an avid golfer who has played overseas and resides in an arid climate was not an advantage.

Interview Questions

• Can you work in a regimented and very procedural work environment.   2 Answers

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rain Bird.

Interview

Two phone interviews, fly to Azusa, CA, interviewed with hiring manager, two other management people and president of company, through interview process, professional

Interview Questions

• You have no irrigation experience, do you expect that to be a short fall or how do you over come.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate on salary and incentive was very competitive.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rain Bird (Tucson, AZ) in June 2013.

Interview

No situation, Action, results questions asked on the solution selling method or how one resolved a complex sale. Seemed that the hiring decision was based on if they liked you and not what your abilities were. No salary requirements given, except that there is a cap on what you can make.

Interview Questions

• none, that is what was so surprising   1 Answer

District Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chula Vista, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Rain Bird (Chula Vista, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

Two phone interviews with direct manager and her manager. There were two rounds of phone interviews with same people with additional person performing a follow up call. This was followed by two visits to the plant for face to face interviews with two or three additional people further up the chain.

Interview Questions

• It was a basic sales interview. What have you done in the past to increase distributor sales? Describe a time you had to fire a distributor? It's really many questions as to "Describe a time...."   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Rain Bird.

Interview

Two weeks after I applied on line received an email from internal recruiter, received a call from hiring manager within 2 days, traveled for interview within a week had offer the next week.

Interview Questions

• What is the most creative action you've ever taken to accomplish your job, why and what were the results.?   2 Answers

Negotiation

Was able to negotiate salary but not vacation.

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rain Bird (Tucson, AZ) in October 2012.

Interview

On site interview

Interview Questions

• Very simple to the point questions related to the job positions. No technical questions. Talked about my experiences in assembly product flow, SolidWorks etc.   2 Answers

Negotiation

Not negotiated

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Rain Bird (Tucson, AZ) in May 2012.

Interview

Just Bizzare - Stood Up at the Interview

I submitted a resume to Rain Bird back in 2007. Apparently it was still on file. This May (2012) I recieved a call from an internal recruiter at Rain Bird. He found my old resume and passed it on to the director of the business unit. She wanted to interview me. He was calling to see if I had interest, sent me the job description etc. etc. All normal stuff.

Over the course of a couple of phone calls we set up a time for a phone interview. The time comes and passes. I have now contacted the company via email and phone...yes, the people do work there. No answer. The lack of professionalism is amazing. It sure fits with everything people have written. Wow.

Interview Questions

• When I asked the HR manager the name of the market manager I would be interviewing with.   3 Answers

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Rain Bird (Tucson, AZ) in February 2012.

Interview

I was prepped to discuss working people out of the org and sure enough we spent a fair amount of time on that topic. Bizarre to be honest. Most other orgs are much more focused on how one grows the business.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience dealing with underperforming employees   Answer Question

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Rain Bird (Tucson, AZ) in December 2011.

Interview

The interview process was a little unusual. Because the company is private nearly all of the information you might typically ask about various divisions, number of employees, etc. were either not answered or could not be answered by even senior management. Perhaps one of the most unusual things I learned was that at least 30% of their staff was "on notice" AT ALLL TIMES. They feel that this type of management is most effective. Furthermore, because of the secrecy, they embrace channel conflict and appear to do nothing to enpower synergies.

Interview Questions

• How would you feel if you were 100% of plan and put on notice?   4 Answers