Rain Bird Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Rain Bird Interview Questions

Interviews at Rain Bird

2.8

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rain Bird (Tucson, AZ) in June 2013.

Interview

No situation, Action, results questions asked on the solution selling method or how one resolved a complex sale. Seemed that the hiring decision was based on if they liked you and not what your abilities were. No salary requirements given, except that there is a cap on what you can make.

Interview Questions

• none, that is what was so surprising   1 Answer

Interview

4 interviews within 2 weeks. Onboarding was a joke. I was given a laptop and a list of names and sent on my way.

VP Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Rain Bird (Tucson, AZ) in October 2018.

Interview

Initial contact and conversation were a number of email conversations. After submitting my resume, a phone call screen with a VP followed. As feedback was positive, next step was on on-site interview with multiple interviewers. Candidate decision was made after the onsite interview stage.

District Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chula Vista, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Rain Bird (Chula Vista, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

Two phone interviews with direct manager and her manager. There were two rounds of phone interviews with same people with additional person performing a follow up call. This was followed by two visits to the plant for face to face interviews with two or three additional people further up the chain.

Interview Questions

• It was a basic sales interview. What have you done in the past to increase distributor sales? Describe a time you had to fire a distributor? It's really many questions as to "Describe a time...."   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Rain Bird.

Interview

Brief introduction and then you take a test that takes about 1 hr. to finish. Basic electronic Questions such as ohm's law. There's also a circuit which you need to find the voltages and current values, also how to add resistors in parallel and series.

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Rain Bird (Tucson, AZ) in September 2011.

Interview

The process was lengthy (almost 2 months) and during that period of time I had to conduct several Skype, phone and in person interviews. The company flew me in to their Tucson facilities for 2 day meetings. Their HR department was very helpful and coordinated all the travel arrangements and at the end contacted me to make sure I had a good flight back and to reimburse any missing meal or car rental expenses.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions, except the average, like "explain your strengths and weaknesses", " how did you resolve a dispute or managed a disgruntled co-worker", etc. They did want to know what experience I had in the industry and what was my knowledge on their products and the competitors.   2 Answers

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate much since they have already established packages for each position. I was taken back by the initial offer of a company car, but when I was hired they took that off the table explaining that they had just recently changed the company's policy. This was not a good starting point and made the situation a bit aggravating since they did not make any attempt to offer anything else instead.

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rain Bird in December 2008.

Interview

All of the people were very friendly and open. Questions were readily answered, and a short, somewhat limited tour of the facility was provided. I met one on one with a number of staff in the department at various levels, getting a good idea of how things were run. The initial reception was odd, as there was no receptionist just a security guard and metal detectors - not too inviting, though other parts of the facility were better.

Interview Questions

• Describe a project which is an example of one of your recent failures.   2 Answers

Communications Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Rain Bird (Tucson, AZ) in February 2015.

Interview

My interview process was smooth and easy. It consisted of an initial interview with the hiring manager, another phone interview with another employee and a day of onsite interviews with senior leaders. Each interview felt more like a conversation than a standard interview which made it much more relaxed and comfortable. What I found most beneficial was the ability to talk with leaders from so many areas of the company. Each had views in relation to the role I was interviewing for and provided unique insight into the company.

Interview Questions

• We've talked about successes in your career, but can you name a failure and what you learned from it?   2 Answers

Receiving Clerk Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Rain Bird.

Interview

I wasnt really interviewed. I knew someone who worked there and she told me that they needed a replacement. They asked me to come to the office so I could see the place. They showed the the office and offered me the job.

Interview Questions

• Does this job seem interesting to you?   2 Answers

Manufacturing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Rain Bird (San Diego, CA) in August 2009.

Interview

Personal enterviews with operations management team members, fluid and converstional, went through my resume and chat about the key experiences as manager in previous experiences

Interview Questions

• How should I have to proceed with under performing personnel   1 Answer
    • Why decided to leave the fomer companies   1 Answer

See What Rain Bird Employees Are Saying

StarStarStarStarStar   Current Sales in Tucson, AZ

Pros: “Above average pay Great team environment Lots of autonomy Amazing travel opportunities In the last three years of sales meetings, of approximately 200 people present I notice less than...”“Above average pay Great team environment Lots of autonomy Amazing travel opportunities In the last three years of sales meetings, of approximately 200 people present I notice less than 5% turnover. Those are real numbers and no I'm not a "plant" or "misguided" employee. I enjoy working here and feel I am led by competent and professional individuals. I cannot speak for hourly or factory based employees, however. I am given much freedom to run my territory as I chose, within limitations of course. The limitations are beyond reasonable. FYI, just because you got fired for not being competent or successful, does not mean you are credible with a negative review.” – Full Review