Rain Bird Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Rain Bird

2.8

Manufacturing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Rain Bird (San Diego, CA) in August 2009.

Interview

Personal enterviews with operations management team members, fluid and converstional, went through my resume and chat about the key experiences as manager in previous experiences

Interview Questions

• How should I have to proceed with under performing personnel   1 Answer
    • Why decided to leave the fomer companies   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Rain Bird (Tucson, AZ) in October 2011.

Interview

I first received a phone call a few months after I applied online. The phone call was brief and described the open position. I then had a face to face interview with the hiring manager. I received a long description of what it’s like to work in a call center, what to expect and how to succeed. After that interview I was able to talk with a few other managers’ one on one so they could get an opinion on me. There was a second interview where I was able to accept the offer and sign some paper work.

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rain Bird (Tucson, AZ) in October 2008.

Interview

Interview process is pretty standard. Questions like describe background and project work.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiation was done with head hunter.
    My advice is do not work here if you do not want to sell your soul. It is a burn and churn place where employees are expected to leave their dignity and respect at the metal detector door.

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rain Bird (Tucson, AZ) in May 2008.

Interview

Spoke to recruiter, then to hiring manager. Flew in for interviews with 1) Hiring manager, 2) her manager (was only on the job for 4 days), 3) Director of Commercial. The interview was a sales pitch, very little useful information gained on my part.

Perception of work culture
    - silence in the cubical areas - no meetings in offices, discussions/brainstorming, laughter

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rain Bird (Tucson, AZ) in May 2008.

Interview

I was contacted and interviewed by a corporate recruiter.

I had a first round interview with the Senior Product Manager over the phone, and was invited to Tucson to meet with the Marketing Manager, SBU director, and a fellow product manager.

Job offer came pretty quick with two weeks to decide.

The place gave me a strange feeling from the beginning. Way too serious for a company that makes plastic tubing and valves. The metal detector and bag inspection at the front desk raised a red flag. I used to work for a high tech communications company and we had less security at the front desk.

Interview Questions

• What would be your goals for the first 90 days?   2 Answers

Negotiation

I was between jobs, the offer was fair so I didn't negotiate.

I should have pushed for more vacation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Rain Bird (Tucson, AZ) in May 2012.

Interview

Just Bizzare - Stood Up at the Interview

I submitted a resume to Rain Bird back in 2007. Apparently it was still on file. This May (2012) I recieved a call from an internal recruiter at Rain Bird. He found my old resume and passed it on to the director of the business unit. She wanted to interview me. He was calling to see if I had interest, sent me the job description etc. etc. All normal stuff.

Over the course of a couple of phone calls we set up a time for a phone interview. The time comes and passes. I have now contacted the company via email and phone...yes, the people do work there. No answer. The lack of professionalism is amazing. It sure fits with everything people have written. Wow.

Interview Questions

• When I asked the HR manager the name of the market manager I would be interviewing with.   3 Answers

Product Manager Interview

Application

The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Rain Bird in June 2016.

Interview

Excellent Job Interview.
    I noticed that Rain Bird has an amazing work force. Outstanding smart people.
    Very hard questions. 101 + group discussion.
    Amazing personal. Very enjoyable and fare interview process.
    Great family owned company. Excellent place to work.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Rain Bird (Tucson, AZ) in May 2017.

Interview

National recruiter made contact with me to discuss the iopportunity. This was a two month process, multiple phone and video conferencing interviews, followed by company visit with multiple in-person interviews. No offer was made, no feedback given.

Product Manager Interview

Application

The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Rain Bird.

Interview

Very dry interview. Unprofessional. Was kept on hold for multiple times loud noise in the back. Multiple interviews and very redundant with other people from the company. Not sure where in the interview process I was.

Interview Questions

• What did the day to day duties look like for the role?   1 Answer

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Rain Bird in July 2018.

Interview

I had a phone screening interview with HR and then a phone interview with the hiring manager over the course of a week. HR was very responsive throughout and very open about their needs and the interview process.

Interview Questions

• The hiring manager wanted me to lead the conversation and questions to test my knowledge and experience in this type of role.   Answer Question