Rain Bird Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 27, 2017

2.0

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Azusa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Rain Bird (Azusa, CA).

Interview

Lengthy - you will be asked to interview with no less than 5 people - after all you might be a back-up to the hiring manager - don't buy this line. And ask lots of questions - if you don't you will regret it.

Interview Questions

• What kind of environment do you like to work in?   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Azusa, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rain Bird (Azusa, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

Face to face with the manager was fine.

It was the company policies that raised eyebrows. Metal detectors and briefcase searches on the way in and out... Holy intrusiveness: Hair follicle drug test... What the heck for? This company makes sprinklers, not missiles. Declined just on the principle of privacy. Also heard from from employees of episodes such as the company hiring private investigators to trail employees.

Interview Questions

• You will need to submit to a hair follicle drug screen, are you okay with that?   2 Answers

Privacy... there is no reason why some employer should ask for a hair follicle drug test if the position is not sensitive.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Azusa, CA

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Rain Bird (Azusa, CA) in July 2010.

Interview

Initial screening by the recruiter--phone interview with recruiter--phone interview with the hiring manager--1:1 with the hiring manager

General Production Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Fe Springs, Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Rain Bird (Santa Fe Springs, Los Angeles, CA) in January 2009.

Interview

Individual interviews by the entire management team.
    The only shift initially offered is thrid shift.

Interview Questions

• Every interviewer asked if i had any issues firing people. I found out in my final interview that the reason they ask this question is becaue they erminate their labor force after x number of months to avoid paying benefits. The employee is not allowed to reapply for x nuymber of months.   1 Answer

Did not want to fire people or work thrid shift.