Rain Bird Regional Sales Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

4.0

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Rain Bird (Tucson, AZ) in September 2011.

Interview

The process was lengthy (almost 2 months) and during that period of time I had to conduct several Skype, phone and in person interviews. The company flew me in to their Tucson facilities for 2 day meetings. Their HR department was very helpful and coordinated all the travel arrangements and at the end contacted me to make sure I had a good flight back and to reimburse any missing meal or car rental expenses.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions, except the average, like "explain your strengths and weaknesses", " how did you resolve a dispute or managed a disgruntled co-worker", etc. They did want to know what experience I had in the industry and what was my knowledge on their products and the competitors.   2 Answers

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate much since they have already established packages for each position. I was taken back by the initial offer of a company car, but when I was hired they took that off the table explaining that they had just recently changed the company's policy. This was not a good starting point and made the situation a bit aggravating since they did not make any attempt to offer anything else instead.