Rainbow Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 12, 2018

1.8

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaumont, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rainbow (Beaumont, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

First had a call from district mngr who asked if i had time that day to get to the store for area manager before she left. Who gave me a one on one casual interview. Did background three days later int with store mngr also casual 1:1 then dm int set up with following regional hut declined

Interview Questions

• Just ask about my experience and vented for an hour   Answer Question
    • distract mngr asked
      How we avoided shrink and my expierences with crazy customers   1 Answer
    • How did your team do merchandising?   1 Answer

The area mngr interviewed first but then when i met the store manager she made it sound like a living hell. Sweet lady though. Staff quitting left and right no days off unless area mngr came constantly micro mnged and unprofessional dm and constant thieves and getting mugged in parking lot. No thanks only for ten an hour. Im looking for long term employment so i called thanked them and declined

Stock Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rego Park, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rainbow (Rego Park, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

I remember when going to the rego park location for the interview, I recall being asked why is test I wanting to work at rainbow, I also remember if there was any particular customer service experience I may have had. The store manager that conducted the interview was very nice and friendly.

Interview Questions

• Name a particular time that you gave great customer service experience   Answer Question

Stock Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Rainbow (Sacramento, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Filled out paper work process, walk through store, and trained by Debt of rehab, I had to take a class at college through workability III in order to go to the Department of Rehab to apply for a position which help me find this job through Sacramento City college.

Interview Questions

• How do I feel about Repetitive work?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Rainbow (Atlanta, GA) in March 2017.

Interview

We talked on the phone for about 20 minutes. She asked me about myself and I told her. It was very easy the women was So nice. She liked me asap and vice versa.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rainbow in April 2012.

Interview

It was more of an on the spot hiring, lucky me. Friend told me her boss was looking for someone so i went with her to the job. He asked me do i have experience. which i did not but that was ok he said they train. He asked how much available time i had, would the traveling be a problem. Then he gave me the paperwork and told me i start the next week.

Manager In Training Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Rainbow (Chicago, IL) in May 2014.

Interview

very brief, as long as you have cash handling and customer service experience without a background, you are in. the regional managers are the ones that always do the interviews so make sure to find out who they are.

Interview Questions

• how did you previous prepare you for this position?
      what do you expect to be paid?   Answer Question

Assistant Buyer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Rainbow.

Interview

I meet with the VP of HR, the VP of the merchandising department, and then a couple of the buyers. When I arrived on time for my interview, I was waiting around for quite a while, maybe about 30 minutes or more, which seemed pretty unprofessional to me. But the interviews were pretty smooth, they don't really ask very typical interview questions. You're kind of just chatting with them. And honestly, as long as you're a smart and pleasant person, whether or not you end up getting hired pretty much depends on the mood of who you're talking to. If the VP of merchandising is in a good mood and you're interview goes well, you're in. If he happens to not be in a good mood, he won't like you.

Interview Questions

• I was asked what the difference is between the Banana Republic customer and the Forever 21 customer. And really if you know anything about retail at all, this should be an easy one to answer   Answer Question

Area Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellflower, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Rainbow (Bellflower, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

the interview was very formal spoke with my district manager first after a few questions she lived. My regional manager then enter the room when / if you topics that he wanted to discuss and ask questions.

Interview Questions

• why do I feel that being an area manager would be a great idea   1 Answer

Negotiation

I would have to say be yourself understand what you're applying for and apply for it.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rainbow.

Interview

I was called by the district manager to come into a nearby store to fill out a application. Once I finished I was told by the manager they will need to run my background and I shall receive a call to be interviewed. A week passed and I still have not heard anything so I called and found out the person that was suppose to interview me was on vacation. I gave up, then so happened to get a call to come in for a interview. I met with the district manager. During the interview she looked through my application and told me that I didn't have a lot of experience working in a apparel setting. That was correct but I do have years of management experience. She then asked me what position was I applying for which was odd to me because she pulled my application and called me in for this interview. I was asked how old I was which is a illegal question. She told me shevwill have to go over my qualifications with her boss becsuse usually her boss will not even consider me for the assistant manager position. Once again it was odd because if you felt that way why did you pull my application, waste my time and have me go out of my way for this interview. She lied to me and said I will be scheduled to interview with her boss and I never got a call back.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Rainbow (Milwaukee, WI) in August 2015.

Interview

by phone they ask few questions to know me better and what were my duties as a manager also wanted to know how many years of experience I have as a manager