Rainbow Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 19, 2017

1.8

Stock Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Rainbow (Sacramento, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Filled out paper work process, walk through store, and trained by Debt of rehab, I had to take a class at college through workability III in order to go to the Department of Rehab to apply for a position which help me find this job through Sacramento City college.

Interview Questions

• How do I feel about Repetitive work?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Rainbow (Atlanta, GA) in March 2017.

Interview

We talked on the phone for about 20 minutes. She asked me about myself and I told her. It was very easy the women was So nice. She liked me asap and vice versa.

Co-Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phenix City, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rainbow (Phenix City, AL) in February 2017.

Interview

I went through 2 interviews. One with the store manager and one with the district manager. I applied online and the store manager called me about 30 minutes later and scheduled an interview for a later date. I attended my first interview and she asked basic interview questions and explained Rainbow policies and company goals. I was called a week later to meet with the district manager. I attended that interview and talked for about two hours. The district manager told me that my last interview would be with the regional manager over the phone and we scheduled that interview. Before I knew it, the store manager called and said since I had a short employment history, she would have to check and see if theyre still interested. Very unprofessional and ignorant since she knew I had only had one job previously which I stayed at for almost 6 years and we discussed this. Why call me for a 2nd interview and schedule a 3rd interview if my employment history was an issue. Their clothing is tacky anyways.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever dealt with an angry customer?how did you calm them down?   1 Answer

Sales/Stock Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rainbow (Washington, DC) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied for this position and it was a two week process. Within a week of replying a got a call to come in for an interview with the store manager the following week. After interviewing with the store manager I was told that there would be a second interview with the district manager and I would be given a call to set up the interview. Two days later I got another call, came in to interview with the district manager, got a call later in the day and was asked how soon could I start working and all of the documents I would need to bring in and that was that.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Rainbow (Silver Spring, MD) in June 2016.

Interview

It was an group interview, staright forward to the point. Manager was very accurate in what she was looking for. Down to earth personality. Asked clear and specific answers. Describe in detail what who's see looking for.

Interview Questions

• What would you bring to rainbow?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Port Chester, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rainbow (Port Chester, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

I got to a building & it was empty. Meaning, there was no set up. Just tons of boxes everywhere. Then a woman yelled for our attention & asked us to start opening boxes and putting clothes on hangers. She told us that in 3 days the store should be set up for opening & that all people who didn't work fast enough or behaved well enough would not be asked to be hired.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Rainbow (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

Apply online has better chance than in store application. Interview with SM first , if they like you you pass on to the DM for final interview and job offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No need for negotiations

Assistant Buyer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Rainbow.

Interview

I meet with the VP of HR, the VP of the merchandising department, and then a couple of the buyers. When I arrived on time for my interview, I was waiting around for quite a while, maybe about 30 minutes or more, which seemed pretty unprofessional to me. But the interviews were pretty smooth, they don't really ask very typical interview questions. You're kind of just chatting with them. And honestly, as long as you're a smart and pleasant person, whether or not you end up getting hired pretty much depends on the mood of who you're talking to. If the VP of merchandising is in a good mood and you're interview goes well, you're in. If he happens to not be in a good mood, he won't like you.

Interview Questions

• I was asked what the difference is between the Banana Republic customer and the Forever 21 customer. And really if you know anything about retail at all, this should be an easy one to answer   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tuscaloosa, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Rainbow (Tuscaloosa, AL) in April 2014.

Interview

Very short 20 minutes tops, very simple questions, friendly, ask about previous experience in retail. The job will better suit someone who does not have many responsibilities and who would rather not do much and not advance or get rewarded for the work that is performed.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaumont, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rainbow (Beaumont, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

First had a call from district mngr who asked if i had time that day to get to the store for area manager before she left. Who gave me a one on one casual interview. Did background three days later int with store mngr also casual 1:1 then dm int set up with following regional hut declined

Interview Questions

• Just ask about my experience and vented for an hour   Answer Question
    • distract mngr asked
      How we avoided shrink and my expierences with crazy customers
      1 Answer
    • How did your team do merchandising?   1 Answer

The area mngr interviewed first but then when i met the store manager she made it sound like a living hell. Sweet lady though. Staff quitting left and right no days off unless area mngr came constantly micro mnged and unprofessional dm and constant thieves and getting mugged in parking lot. No thanks only for ten an hour. Im looking for long term employment so i called thanked them and declined