Rainbow Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Rainbow Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Feb 2, 2017

1.6

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rainbow.

Interview

I applied online. A week later they called to schedule an interview. The interview was extremely laid back. The interviewer was friendly, asked way more questions about myself than questions that related to the job. In fact, she only asked one job related question. The interview itself was probably less than 10 minutes. I am currently waiting for a response.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Rainbow

Anonymous Employee in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Rainbow (Silver Spring, MD) in June 2016.

Interview

It was an group interview, staright forward to the point. Manager was very accurate in what she was looking for. Down to earth personality. Asked clear and specific answers. Describe in detail what who's see looking for.

Interview Questions

• What would you bring to rainbow?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Highland Park, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rainbow (Highland Park, MI) in March 2016.

Interview

Saw an ad on the window. Asked the cashier for an application and filled it out the same da . Waited for a phone a couple days later and was asked to interview. The manager looked bored and uninterested but I made her laugh a couple times. It was my first job interview ever so I was a little nervous myself. Was called in the next day to say that I was hired

Anonymous Employee in Port Chester, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rainbow (Port Chester, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

I got to a building & it was empty. Meaning, there was no set up. Just tons of boxes everywhere. Then a woman yelled for our attention & asked us to start opening boxes and putting clothes on hangers. She told us that in 3 days the store should be set up for opening & that all people who didn't work fast enough or behaved well enough would not be asked to be hired.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rainbow in February 2016.

Interview

(KIDS RAINBOW) The interview went real quick like no more than 5 mins. She basically told me what a regular day would look like working there. She said if i get the job she will call me within a week. So now we play the waiting game. She explained to me how I would only be working like 2 to 3 times on weekdays and Saturday and Sunday which is fine because im still in school.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Its a very slow company only because people dont really go to kids rainbow so for people only looking for a part time job thats not supporting anyone but themselves like a person who is in high school and looking for some extra pocket change like me this is for you.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rainbow (Detroit, MI) in July 2015.

Interview

I just walk into Rainbows to fill out an application. Two weeks later I got an call from the store manager asking me to come in for an interview. It's been a couple of days since my interview and I am just waiting on a call.

Interview Questions

• What do you think a typical day Rainbows is like?
      Describe yourself?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Valley Stream, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rainbow (Valley Stream, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

I walked in and got an application by another sale associate. I went the next day to hand it back in and ended up meeting the district manager who told me to go in the next day for an interview. She mostly asked me about my availability and working experience. I waited a few days and went back to the store where I was told that I did get the job.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Rainbow.

Interview

Very informal and quick. Asked basic questions about customer service, working on the floor, etc. It didn't seem like an official interview, rather it seemed like it was just a conversation. However, it worked well and I was hired.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rainbow.

Interview

Group interview, about fifteen minutes long. They ask about your previous experience, what you liked most and least about your last job. They ask you if you have ever dealt with a shoplifter and what you would do if you saw someone stealing. They want to know about any customer service experience you've had and may ask how you dealt with a particular situation such as an angry or unsatisfied customer.

Interview Questions

• Do you prefer to work by yourself or do you like to have someone work with you, and supervise you closely and why.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rainbow (Richmond, VA) in February 2015.

Interview

There were three of us gathered into one room with one of the managers. She asked us each to give our names and a brief summary of who we were. In front of us was a bowl of m&m's. She asked each of us to grab one with a different color. Each color m&m was coordinated to a specific question she was going to ask.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an unhappy customer?   1 Answer