Want a Free Job Posting?

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Corporate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rainbow USA (Brooklyn, NY) in September 2011.

I had two interviews and met with the head of HR and with the COO. They didn't ask any difficult questions, listened to what I had to say, and spoke a lot about the company. My only concern was with the COO, who is related to the company founder, and got the job not due to his business acumen, but because of the family relationship. He struggled a bit with the questions, and at times did not understand the common industry terms I was using. My biggest concern about this job was the location - the corporate office is located in one of the poorest and most dangerous neighborhoods in Brooklyn, definitely not the place of your dreams. But I was pleasantly surprised with how nice were all the people that worked there. Overall, even though the company has 1100+ stores nationwide, it still feels like it runs as a small family-owned business, always short on cash and not having a budget for anything. If you decide to work there, expect long hours, mediocre benefits, and lack of opportunities. But I'm sure it's a great place to get experience: if you can make it there, you can make it anywhere.

Interview Questions