Rainforest QA QA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Rainforest QA

1 Interview Review

0.0

QA Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rainforest QA.

Interview

I got an email message from the HR employee about one month after I applied online. She set up a phone screening for me with the Hiring Manager. The phone screening was supposed to last for 30 minutes. I prepared myself very well, reviewed the company's profile on Glassdoor, LinkedIn, Instagram, and Facebook, also I reviewed the interviewer's profile on LinkedIn and other social media, I spent hours reading articles she wrote and YouTube videos she talked in, not only this, I also went to rainforest QA blog and read tens of articles written there, beside all of that I had to spend tens of hours of technical preparations, I was fully ready to answer TECHNICAL questions and BEHAVIORAL questions. I was very well prepared and ready to answer the Technical questions.

On the day of the phone screening, I received the call from the interviewer, she asked the following questions:
1-Do you have any questions about the company or the position?
2-What do you look for in your next role?
3-What were your day to day tasks in your last job?
4-Why do you want to work for Rainforest QA?
5-What are your salary expectations?
6-Do you have any other questions for me?

So, there were NO TECHNICAL Questions! Only random questions.

At the end of the interview I didn't ask about the next steps. The interviewer shared that information and informed me I should expect to receive a Technical Assessment to evaluate my technical skills for the position.

The SURPRISE is after few days of waiting for the technical assessment to be sent to my email, I received an email message from the HR employee saying that my experience and skill set are not well enough matched to our needs!

I wasn’t sure if it’s a generic email sent to all rejected candidates or if my recruiter was being serious about the “ technical experience” part.

What’s frustrating me is that I provided all the information that was asked in the pre-phone call screening logistics. She knows my experience from my resume and I elaborated on them in the interview.

If I wasn’t a match then, why they allowed the phone interview to take place? Wouldn’t it save me hours of preparation and save them 20 minutes of talking to a candidate they weren’t going to hire?

I’m just so disappointed I didn’t even make it pass a phone screening. I get and respect that ultimately I may not be their ideal candidate, but the whole process felt like me jumping through hoops for something I was never going to get.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any questions about the company or the position?   1 Answer
  • What were your day to day tasks in your last job?   1 Answer
  • What is your salary range?   1 Answer