Raley's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Raley's Interview Questions

Updated Jan 23, 2017

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Jackson, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Raley's (Jackson, CA).

Interview

The initial application was online, once submitted I received a phone call from the store manager for a face to face interview. Basic interview questions, nothing that really stood out. At the time of my hire I did have a felony on my record and was honest and up front about it, starting with adding that information on the online application, I was hired despite that.

Interview Questions

• The store manager asked me about the physical requirements of the job, making sure I could perform them I suppose but it was never flat out asked.   Answer Question

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Sacramento, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Raley's (West Sacramento, CA).

Interview

Applied online and was asked to come in for an interview in about a week. Interview was pretty straight forward with a lot of good information. Very easy to ask questions and got answers. Asked about experience and schedule availability.

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Raley's (Sacramento, CA).

Interview

Applied online, called next day for technician exam. Fairly simple questions. Although I heard many people fail. Just study beforehand calculations, generics, pharmacy law. After pass exam you come back for supervisor interview. He explains what job entails.

Floral Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Raley's (Sacramento, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Processed application online. Got a call for an interview in about a week and a half. Interviewed with the floral supervisor. She told me there would meetings to plan for the holidays. Decorating for the holidays and how yhe would like the department to wow the customers

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for this company   1 Answer
    • What do you like to do   1 Answer

Negotiation

Since I had prior skills I was offered a pay rate below what I previously had. They offered to increase within a given time. Then increases with steps very happy with the end outcome.

Clerk Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Raley's.

Interview

Applied online took 3days. I interviewed with the assistant store team leader wasnt much questions. Tell me about your self what do you know about raleys the rest was about my availability and asked if i would like the job

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There wasnt any negotiations if you dont like the pay youbwont get the job

Anonymous Employee in Antioch, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Raley's (Antioch, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview was easy, mostly questions about myself and why i want to work here.I accepted the offer of 10 dollars and would get a raise after 1,000 hours. The interviewer was nice and it took 2 weeks before i started. no computer training on my first day i just started working

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you were given multiple tasks and couldnt finish them?   1 Answer

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carmichael, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Raley's (Carmichael, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received a call within four days asking to come in for an interview. I was told at the time that the interview would be a group interview. I sat down with two other young individuals and three managers. They took turns asking us questions and varied who they started with. Overall the interview was an enjoyable process and was not stressful at all compared to other group interview situations I've been in. In total, the interview lasted about 45 minutes. The managers engaged in the conversation and did a great job of making everyone feel comfortable as they were extremely friendly. I received a call later that day that I had got the job and could now continue onto the hiring process, which includes a background check and other types of orientation. My advice is to do your research on the company before you go into the interview, think ahead of time about your answers to likely questions they will ask you, and smile!

Quality Assurance Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Raley's.

Interview

Was contacted by management about a week after submitting my resume. Had about a 30 minute phone interview followed by an on site interview. I met with about 10 different members of the team including HR. Overall it was an average interview process with typical interview questions. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Interview Questions

• What techniques would you use to monitor product quantity?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Raley's in February 2016.

Interview

Had a phone call arranged through HR about a month after applying. I'd already accepted another job, but was never asked if I was currently working. That was fine. Spoke with a VP. Was curious about the role, and he seemed interested in getting me in, so we scheduled an in person interview. The in person interview was strange - the discussion in person with the VP just went over many of the same questions again. Then I met with the team, someone from IT, and someone from project management. The IT person was aloof and rude - was clear he'd come in with his decision made. He and the project manager quite obviously wrote notes to each other throughout the interview, which I found tacky, unprofessional and rude. The team, however, was great and seemed to actually want to find out more about me, my background, etc. Same with the next part- the heads of various depts. They actually asked about me, ran me through my paces, nothing surprising and I thought I did well in that part. That was the only time I was asked about my past positions and how they tied in with this one.

In summary - HR, the team, legal, pharmacy - excellent interviewers. Actually tried to get to know me, my background, how it would work or not work at the company. On the other hand, the VP, project management, and the IT guy - not interested beyond going through the motions. It was clear that I was not the person they wanted to hire. Fair enough. Next time, let's not waste our time and the time of the others who were genuinely interested in interviewing.

Interview Questions

• Q: How do you possibly think you can represent info security and guide a 3 billion dollar company?   1 Answer
    • Q: What do you see yourself doing for the first 90 days here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Citrus Heights, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Raley's (Citrus Heights, CA).

Interview

The interview process went smoothly. One is required to take a test online to see if one is a good fit with the position they hope to apply for. After that, people are called in to interview with the store manager. The interview itself was nerve-racking for a first interview, but it went well overall.