Raley's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 11, 2017

2.6

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Raley's (Sacramento, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

It was a walk-in interview and I was one of the first people there. I wound up sitting and waiting for about 20 minutes. The interviews were being held from 12 pm - 4 pm, my individual interview lasted about 20 - 25 minutes. It was very informal. We were in a public sitting area within the store. The hiring manager was the one interviewing me, I recognized his name because I had talked to him on the phone a few days prior which is how I found out about the interviews. He was very nice and it was an overall fairly easy interview.

Interview Questions

• Name 3 things you would need to be successful at here?   1 Answer

Staff Pharmacist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Raley's (Sacramento, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Interview process is a formality to make the Union happy. Supervisors have already pre-selected their choice prior to the interview. Usually a sit down interview with 1 to 4 supervisors. When more than one supervisor is in the room you are secretly being interviewed for a position coming up soon but not yet posted.

Interview Questions

• How strong are you at identifying vaccination opportunities?   1 Answer
    • What have you done to improve our pharmacy since being hired?   1 Answer

Quality Assurance Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Raley's.

Interview

Was contacted by management about a week after submitting my resume. Had about a 30 minute phone interview followed by an on site interview. I met with about 10 different members of the team including HR. Overall it was an average interview process with typical interview questions. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Interview Questions

• What techniques would you use to monitor product quantity?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Raley's in February 2016.

Interview

Had a phone call arranged through HR about a month after applying. I'd already accepted another job, but was never asked if I was currently working. That was fine. Spoke with a VP. Was curious about the role, and he seemed interested in getting me in, so we scheduled an in person interview. The in person interview was strange - the discussion in person with the VP just went over many of the same questions again. Then I met with the team, someone from IT, and someone from project management. The IT person was aloof and rude - was clear he'd come in with his decision made. He and the project manager quite obviously wrote notes to each other throughout the interview, which I found tacky, unprofessional and rude. The team, however, was great and seemed to actually want to find out more about me, my background, etc. Same with the next part- the heads of various depts. They actually asked about me, ran me through my paces, nothing surprising and I thought I did well in that part. That was the only time I was asked about my past positions and how they tied in with this one.

In summary - HR, the team, legal, pharmacy - excellent interviewers. Actually tried to get to know me, my background, how it would work or not work at the company. On the other hand, the VP, project management, and the IT guy - not interested beyond going through the motions. It was clear that I was not the person they wanted to hire. Fair enough. Next time, let's not waste our time and the time of the others who were genuinely interested in interviewing.

Interview Questions

• Q: How do you possibly think you can represent info security and guide a 3 billion dollar company?   1 Answer
    • Q: What do you see yourself doing for the first 90 days here?   1 Answer

Human Resources Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Raley's (West Sacramento, CA).

Interview

Very friendly with two interviewers, very conversational. I actually enjoyed myself applying for this position, and although I didn't get the one I specifically applied for, I ended up getting another position that opened up shortly afterwards because they had my resume on file. All in all, it was a very enjoyable experience with a great set of individuals

Interview Questions

• The standard interview spread of questions, with some specific questions to the job, such as which compliance laws I was familiar with and such.   1 Answer

Pharmacy Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hollister, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Raley's (Hollister, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Oral interview with District Manager for 30 minutes with myself and one other staff pharmacist... Done at the store.... There was no discussion as to what the goals of the store or company were...

Interview Questions

• What were the issues that is hurting the pharmay   1 Answer
    • what changes would you make   1 Answer

Corporate Dietitian Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Raley's (Sacramento, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview was a group interview with about 10 candidates and 3 Raley's staff. Each candidate did a 5-10 minute presentation. Total time, about 90 minutes. We were asked to bring an item to present so that our presentation skills could be observed and evaluated. We were also asked to be prepared to answer the questions 1. why do you want to work for Raley's and 2. why should you be chosen for this position.

Interview Questions

• What is Raley's not doing that they should be doing?   Answer Question

Senior Accounting Clerk Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Raley's.

Interview

This was an interview set up by Nelson, a staffing agency. I was asked to take a skills/accounting test with Nelson for Raley's. After passing the test my resume and test score was forwarded to Raley's for consideration. It took a week before the recruiter got back to me to inform me that they would like to set up an interview. The interview was another week out. The one on one interview was with the actual manager the position is under. It was lengthy with 2 pages of questions consisting of specific accounting questions and general interview questions. It was one of the longest interview I have been to in one sitting.

Interview Questions

• Accounting questions included questions relating to depreciation calculation, accrual, fixed asset, adjustments, normal balances of specific accounts (assets & expenses). The other questions were just they typical interview questions like what are your strengths, weakness, what would your former boss say about you, why should I hire you,etc.   Answer Question

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tracy, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Raley's (Tracy, CA) in August 2010.

Interview

Received a call about employment, asked when a good time will be, set up a date.
    Went in dressed business casual, and met with H.R. and manager.
    Asked simple questions, schooling, going to college, what does the position take care of.
    Was told if I got the job they would call, they never called.

Deli Clerk Interview

Interview

It's tough and you must have an unwavering confidence.

Interview Questions

• What do you do when approached with 5 customers at once?   1 Answer