Raley's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Raley's Interview Questions

Updated May 23, 2017

2.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Raley's (Sacramento, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

It was a walk-in interview and I was one of the first people there. I wound up sitting and waiting for about 20 minutes. The interviews were being held from 12 pm - 4 pm, my individual interview lasted about 20 - 25 minutes. It was very informal. We were in a public sitting area within the store. The hiring manager was the one interviewing me, I recognized his name because I had talked to him on the phone a few days prior which is how I found out about the interviews. He was very nice and it was an overall fairly easy interview.

Interview Questions

• Name 3 things you would need to be successful at here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rancho Cordova, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Raley's (Rancho Cordova, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Very quick and to the point. They didn't even ask me if I knew about any of their programs (like Sustainable Seafood). I was interviewed by 2 people for the first half, and the next stage I was sent to HR and another rep for the second half - all of which was conducted in the same building/room. I was hired on the spot and told when training would begin and when the store would officially open. Drug testing and background checks will come later.

Interview Questions

• What does Raley's mean to you?   1 Answer
    • They asked about my experience and how I would handle a dissatisfied customer.   1 Answer

Staff Pharmacist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Raley's (Sacramento, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Interview process is a formality to make the Union happy. Supervisors have already pre-selected their choice prior to the interview. Usually a sit down interview with 1 to 4 supervisors. When more than one supervisor is in the room you are secretly being interviewed for a position coming up soon but not yet posted.

Interview Questions

• How strong are you at identifying vaccination opportunities?   1 Answer
    • What have you done to improve our pharmacy since being hired?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Jackson, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Raley's (Jackson, CA).

Interview

The initial application was online, once submitted I received a phone call from the store manager for a face to face interview. Basic interview questions, nothing that really stood out. At the time of my hire I did have a felony on my record and was honest and up front about it, starting with adding that information on the online application, I was hired despite that.

Interview Questions

• The store manager asked me about the physical requirements of the job, making sure I could perform them I suppose but it was never flat out asked.   Answer Question

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Sacramento, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Raley's (West Sacramento, CA).

Interview

Applied online and was asked to come in for an interview in about a week. Interview was pretty straight forward with a lot of good information. Very easy to ask questions and got answers. Asked about experience and schedule availability.

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Raley's (Sacramento, CA).

Interview

Applied online, called next day for technician exam. Fairly simple questions. Although I heard many people fail. Just study beforehand calculations, generics, pharmacy law. After pass exam you come back for supervisor interview. He explains what job entails.

Floral Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Raley's (Sacramento, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Processed application online. Got a call for an interview in about a week and a half. Interviewed with the floral supervisor. She told me there would meetings to plan for the holidays. Decorating for the holidays and how yhe would like the department to wow the customers

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for this company   1 Answer
    • What do you like to do   1 Answer

Negotiation

Since I had prior skills I was offered a pay rate below what I previously had. They offered to increase within a given time. Then increases with steps very happy with the end outcome.

Clerk Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Raley's.

Interview

Applied online took 3days. I interviewed with the assistant store team leader wasnt much questions. Tell me about your self what do you know about raleys the rest was about my availability and asked if i would like the job

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There wasnt any negotiations if you dont like the pay youbwont get the job

Anonymous Employee in Antioch, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Raley's (Antioch, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview was easy, mostly questions about myself and why i want to work here.I accepted the offer of 10 dollars and would get a raise after 1,000 hours. The interviewer was nice and it took 2 weeks before i started. no computer training on my first day i just started working

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you were given multiple tasks and couldnt finish them?   1 Answer

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carmichael, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Raley's (Carmichael, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received a call within four days asking to come in for an interview. I was told at the time that the interview would be a group interview. I sat down with two other young individuals and three managers. They took turns asking us questions and varied who they started with. Overall the interview was an enjoyable process and was not stressful at all compared to other group interview situations I've been in. In total, the interview lasted about 45 minutes. The managers engaged in the conversation and did a great job of making everyone feel comfortable as they were extremely friendly. I received a call later that day that I had got the job and could now continue onto the hiring process, which includes a background check and other types of orientation. My advice is to do your research on the company before you go into the interview, think ahead of time about your answers to likely questions they will ask you, and smile!