Ralph Lauren Assistant Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ralph Lauren Assistant Manager Interview Questions

2.7

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Ralph Lauren.

Interview

Hiring process took a week, overall very Easy, normal questions, fast process, you will have to take an Orion test, I was able to negotiate pay, Ask questions at the end of the interview

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Ralph Lauren

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ralph Lauren (Miami Beach, FL) in January 2016.

Interview

In store interview. One on one interview with the store manager on site. Sales assistants and customers were around while interview was in process. Submitted and wrote an application in store, too.

Anonymous Employee in Elizabeth, NJ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ralph Lauren (Elizabeth, NJ) in May 2015.

Interview

The process was crazy and biased. The store was transitioning from Ralph Lauren to Polo Factory store and the current temp employees were interviewed to see if we qualified, yes, I said we were reinterviewed to see if we qualified to be a permanent employee. Our information and work history was already discussed and during the interview some people were asked about lateness, days off, call outs, their willingness to be there full time, EVERYTHING APPLICABLE TO THAT PERSON.

My interview was rushed, before I could sit down I was disqualified because I didn't have experience despite the job requirements stating 4yr degree (current grad student) in lieu of experience. I was told "you're really applying for an associate position" because you need to be available and you're not. He didn't even know if I was going to school online! I got the impression that they wanted to keep me where I was, stock associate, because how dare I try to move from stock to management without climbing the ladder and kissing butt. The interviewer was not interested in who I am and what I could offer or even what ideas I had for the store considering I've been there since they opened.

The interview was extremely unprofessional, biased and impersonal. I was brought on as a temporary employee then fired for MINOR reasons stemming 3months back.

Interview Questions

• Typical checklist questions EXCEPT "tell me about yourself" or anything that had to do with who I am.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Ralph Lauren (Orlando, FL).

Interview

It was the normal interview process. Received a call from a non qualified HR person, interviewed with the GM that was overwhelmed. Second interview with the DM that seemed to care and then was hired shortly afterwards.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ralph Lauren in December 2014.

Interview

Traditional retail management interview process: General/Store Manager screens for Assistant Manager and Supervisor, these candidates are passed to the District Manager who approves or denies moving to offer. The offer is approved by a collaboration between Finance and HR teams that determine if the offer is feasible for the store.

Interview Questions

• How would you create a culture of accountability in the store?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sunrise, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ralph Lauren (Sunrise, FL) in May 2013.

Interview

Easy interview with standard questions in store with the store manager. Second interview in another store with the district manager. Similar questions that were pretty standard and then mainly talked about the company. I was asked what my expectations of the company were and then the position that I was interviewing for was explained.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation on pay are possible and it never hurts to ask or question the amount offered.

Anonymous Employee in Branson, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ralph Lauren (Branson, MO) in January 2013.

Interview

You go in for an interview with the hiring manager, then you interview with the district manager. You will get a RFO once they have interviewed you and this will take about a week.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and weakness?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Lake Buena Vista, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ralph Lauren (Lake Buena Vista, FL) in April 2012.

Interview

You would submit an application with the General Store Manager/Center Director or higher (Area Manager or District Manager). Following the initial conversation; you would have a formal sit down interview with one, both, or all (possibly together, possibly individually). You are required to complete a survey which will either "recommend" or "not recommend" for the job. Following the survey, you may have an additional interview with one or more of the above mentioned people -- or depending on the store location and sales volume it does -- you may interview with the Regional Director or above.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared to speak to your professional developmental opportunities. What are you currently working on and how do you plan on developing that skill in the next 30-60-90 days? What are your two greatest strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They have very little (if any) negotiation room. Their store level payroll structure is very disciplined and strategic. They have 4 stores in the Orlando Market and are capable of promoting internally (due to excellent Talent and Developmental training) to keep payroll down.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ralph Lauren in August 2010.

Interview

The interview process was easy, coupled with basic interview questions. Just do your homework on the brand and check out their website to gain some history and background information, as they will ask some questions relevant to the brand.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They met my expectations

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Ralph Lauren (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in October 2015.

Interview

was brief. it was mostly telling me what the job was about and not a lot asked about the past experiences.he was very interested to hire me and left a lot of parts of the job out !!! specially hours that was expected of me to work! way too long! Night shifts over and over! there is no life work balance at all thats why every one quits

Negotiation

ok