Ralph Lauren Fashion Design Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ralph Lauren Fashion Design Interview Questions

2 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Fashion Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Ralph Lauren (New York, NY) in January 2011.

Interview

Had to take an IQ test then the interview and a one on one process. Spoke with different departments, they gave me a tour discussed what the position entailed. Pretty basic and showed them my work.

Interview Questions

• What part of your past employment did you enjoy the most.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation they pretty much tell you what the position is and what your salary will be.

Other Interview Reviews for Ralph Lauren

Fashion Design Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Ralph Lauren (New York, NY) in March 2010.

Interview

They place job listings with Head Hunters, in Newspapers, for existing employees, etc. The interviews, even for Sales jobs, on average, is eight interviews...that rarely take place on time, or for the time, they tell you it should take. There were times, that they forgot whom I was meeting with, and/or I would find out there, the person I was too meet was not there that day. They also are very vague about who they are actually looking for in the position. Human Resources seems to lose the file, of even existing employees, when they say, we will keep you in the loop, and call you when the 'right' position opens up for you. If you are an existing employee, which I was...but working in Retail Division, good luck actually being able to take the new job, when they need you. There was at least one proven situation, that when they would release me from my Retail Position, the job I was to work in in Corporate, had been filled, due to needing someone earlier. Also, which can happen to anyone, let's say, you don't care for your current immediate Supervisor, you are not even allowed to apply for an in house position, unless your Boss gives you a good review for the job. This can be very difficult since in many cases, they have applied for the same job.

Interview Questions

• Felt like I was at an EST seminar...typical of where do I want to be in ten years. If you weren't at Polo, what would you like to do?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The actual job at all levels, is never what one was 'sold'