Ralph Lauren Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 11, 2017

2.6

18 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ralph Lauren.

Interview

It was very straight forward and conducted online which is very convenient! There were 2 rounds. The 1st is with the HR recruiter and the 2nd is with your manager of the department you are interviewing for. It was simple and less nerve wrecking than an in person interview. I heard back the day of my second interview!

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Ralph Lauren

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ralph Lauren (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

On campus interview with HR representative. Most of the interview involved typical behavioral questions followed by questions specific to the Ralph Lauren company. Expect to talk through your resume and explain why the internship and the company appeal to you.

Interview Questions

• What are some things that come to mind when you think of the Ralph Lauren brand?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ralph Lauren in February 2016.

Interview

First interview was brief over Skype. Interviewer was very friendly and encouraging. She asked mostly behavioral questions and questions about why I wanted to work there. Asked lots of situational questions, not straight forward strength/weakness.

Interview Questions

• What was a time when you effectively used your communication skills?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ralph Lauren in February 2016.

Interview

The first round interview was through Skype. The process went very smoothly and the woman was extremely nice. The interview was mainly based on questions related to my resume and past experiences. The second round of interviews is coming up soon and I anticipate the interview questions to be more situational based.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Ralph Lauren in February 2016.

Interview

There were two sets of interview - both could be done over skype. HR person was very nice, and easy to talk to. After the first interview, a few weeks passed before I was emailed about a second one. After the second one, a few months passed before being notified about the results and outcomes. First interview was with HR, second was with the team of the position for which I was interviewing.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ralph Lauren (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

about 20 minute conversation...women were very nice and helpful. not awkward at all. listened attentively and asked typical questions of an interviewer. Tell me about one of your past internships. Big Company? Make sure to ask them a few questions. this is helpful

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me a little bit about why you are interested in getting into an internship in retail?

Why do you want to work at RL?

What do you know about Ralph Lauren?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Ralph Lauren.

Interview

Round one was through Skype with a HR representative. It felt more like a conversation than an interview. We went over my background and experiences and she asked few behavioral questions. It is also important to know the company well and speak about their brand. Round two was by phone with two managers.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ralph Lauren.

Interview

The interview and hiring process and Ralph Lauren is exciting, fun, interesting, and lighthearted. I was contacted by the recruiting staff with interview details and confirmation through email, the email was professional and detailed. The recruiters were extremely helpful in answering any questions I had before the interview, which helped me to be much more at ease. When I arrived, I was kindly greeted in the lobby by the recruiter I'd spoken to, which again, made me feel welcome and comfortable. I interviewed with two members of senior management, which was nice to see that they cared about the hiring process. It was informal, short, and sweet. I couldn't get a good gage on how they felt about me upon leaving, but I was happily surprised to have been hired shortly following the interview.

Interview Questions

• In my second interview with the senior manager, I was only asked four questions. "Why do you want to work in this department?" "Why do you want to work at Ralph Lauren?" "Why did you choose the major you chose?" "What do you hope to gain from this experience?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

As an intern, I did not feel it was appropriate to negotiate in any fashion.

Anonymous Employee in Lyndhurst, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Ralph Lauren (Lyndhurst, NJ) in March 2014.

Interview

I applied to Ralph Lauren's corporate development program and wanted to go into merchandising or buying. After a couple of weeks, I was contacted by the head of campus recruiting for RL and had a short conversation with her where I was asked to tell her about myself, what I am looking for in an internship with Ralph Lauren and what departments I would ideally like to work with. After this, she set me up for an interview with someone from the merchandising department. This interview was more like an informal conversation. My interviewer was very friendly, and I wasn't asked any unanticipated questions. The team ended up choosing another candidate but I was lucky enough to be set up for a second interview with another department which was a bit more formal than my previous interview. I was contacted about a week later and offered an internship position for this summer which I accepted.

Intern Interview

Interview

process was easy and painless, I was communicating with someone in HR and then I met with the team I would be working with, within 1 week I was offered the position

Interview Questions

• There really was no extremely difficult questions just know about the company and what you are looking for in an employer and what you can do for them   Answer Question