Ralph Lauren Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ralph Lauren Interview Questions

Updated Aug 10, 2017

2.5

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Interview

I was contacted by a woman in HR a week after submitting my application via their website. She was extremely friendly, and gave me a preliminary phone interview on the spot. Towards then end of the conversation, she had asked for my availability for an in person interview. Three weeks later I met with another HR Manager as well as a Manager in the marketing department. Both interviews comprised of behavioral and experience related questions.

Technical Designer Interview

Interview

I handed out copies of my resume at an expo and had brief interviews on the spot with several HR reps. A representative at Polo kept my resume and compared my credentials with the positions available to create the best match. I was invited for the initial interview and filled out an application. I was invited a second time and was interviewed by the Manager and Senior Technical Designer. During the interview I briefly described my previous employment. I also briefly talked about the history of Ralph Lauren and Polo, philanthropy activities, and any current storefront openings or any announcements of a new line Ralph was creating. The atmosphere was very laid back and pleasant. After the interview I was given a tour of the floor and the showroom rigged with the garments for the next season. It was a very positive experience.

Interview Questions

• You may be tested on pattern correction skills, depending on the department.   Answer Question

Interview

With Senior Director and manager

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ralph Lauren.

Interview

rather short process, 1 phone and 1 face-to-face

Interview Questions

Negotiation

through agent and they were able to match my expectation

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

very intricate process five interviews before getting the job

Freelance Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ralph Lauren.

Interview

I interviewed with 2 Senior Designers, I always think, I either have it or don't. But I was called a few days later with the job.

Interview Questions

• All the questions were basic fashion design related questions. Which are easy to answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The negotiation phase was quick, I understood I was going to be a freelancer, what I was going to make and that the job wasn't guaranteed to pasta full month.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ralph Lauren.

Interview

Got an application in store and got a call the next week. Group interviews and watched a video. A lot of high school and college students. There were some older individuals as well that worked there full time. Very basic interview questions. Not that bad. Managers were nice. Overall, if you can sell you can work here. Customer service is key.

Director Marketing Interview

Interview

Screened through HR, then on to hiring manager. After that can also speak with key members of team. Didn't seem to be a formal questioning process; rather questions at the discretion of the interviewer. Straight forward. Can be a long period of time between any contact with the company and the next interview.

Interview Questions

• How do you measure your marketing programs. Be ready with some facts.   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ralph Lauren.

Interview

I interviewed with HR and the director at least 2x. I was hired as a freelancer before I became full time. I think they were desperate to hire anyone since the person before me was there 15plus years and I believe she was also miserable.

Interview Questions

• Do I have any family? Do I know the story of Ralph Lauren.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They offered a freelancers pay and I asked for $5.00 more and they really complained about it.... But eventually gave in... I think ingot luck for the fact they needed ANYONE with a pulse!

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Ralph Lauren (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone screening, 3 total rounds of interviews, met everyone on team

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation