Ralph Lauren Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ralph Lauren Interview Questions

Updated Jul 23, 2017

2.5

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Ralph Lauren.

Interview

Very easy and relaxed interview. Similiar to every retail job interview. No experience necessary. They ask very easy questions, just the generic "best characteristics" "Strengthens and weaknesses" "Why polo" just act natural and you should be all set

Asset Protection Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ralph Lauren (New York, NY).

Interview

Interviewed with four different people on three separate occasions. First interviewed with an asset worker, second was an HR rep, third was a manager(not sure which) followed by the HR manager on that day. Went well with everyone except the HR manager (sulky demeanor). Never heard back from them. What was the point of having me come down three times? Easily could have done this all on one day. Time waster.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Ralph Lauren (New York, NY).

Interview

I had a meeting at my school with the HR representative from Ralph Lauren. They were very sweet and easy to connect to. The interview went well they asked me a lot of questions about my work personally and in a group as well as looked at my portfolio and asked about my design aesthetic.

Associate Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ralph Lauren in May 2017.

Interview

I got a phone interview a month from applying online. A week after the 15-min phone interview, I was invited to go to the in-person interview with the HR coordinator and the hiring manager. It has been almost two months now and I still haven't heard back.

Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Ralph Lauren (Savannah, GA) in February 2016.

Interview

The interviewee was nice and respectful. I would say if you get a chance to talk with them just be prepared to answer common interview questions, be able to explain you process, and dress nicely. I didn't get an offer or do a 2nd round interview, because the type of work I did didn't fit their need.

Interview Questions

• Describe your aesthetic. How do you want people to remember you after you graduate? Why Ralph Lauren? Tell me about a time when you made mistake. Explain about a situation where you had to persuade someone. What is your process like?   Answer Question

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kildare (Ireland)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Ralph Lauren (Kildare (Ireland)) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview took place at Raulph Lauren Kids Store,Kildare Village.It was an easy interview (think it was my first interview in english-it's not my mother tongue). It was only me and the woman that interview me. She asked me general things about myself and then some other stuff about my work experience and what I learned from my previous jobs. Very friendly and polite woman. When the interview ended she told me that the next day it would be a second phase of the interviews and if I was able to attend it. The second phase took plase at Raulph Lauren (adults store),Kildare Village. We were 7 people,3 with previous experience and the rest 4 with no experience. We watch a small presentation of R.L history and they separate us in two groups of experienced and non. My team went in the store and they let us to interract with customers and 'pretend' we were working for 10 minutes. ( At that point I understood that an assistant point at me and make sone kind of joke with my interviwer probably for my luck of experience-I did something wrong or funny? I don't know,but it was very rude). Another task was to find an outfit for for someone that she told us within 15 mins. Then we went in the store department and did some tasks there. They told us they would contact us in 5 days. I was expecting a phone call as we were only 7 persons but instead I received an email with no offer. Overall a good experience but a feeling of snob and superiority from the stuff in the main store area.

Interview Questions

• You 're previous work experience and what you learned.   Answer Question
    • Explain what you mean (for example) that you learn how to work as a team,what does mean to you work as a team?   Answer Question
    • You 're salary expectations.   Answer Question
    • Have you schedule vacations for the rest 6 months?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ralph Lauren (New York, NY).

Interview

intense there were three interviews with a senior tech then a director then the vp of the department. reviewed my previous work and thorough conversation of the responsibilities. however they changed not too long into the role

Interview Questions

• do you think you have enough experience   1 Answer

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kissimmee, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Ralph Lauren (Kissimmee, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

My case was quite unique I think. I met the HR manager at a job fair, filled out the paper application right there, he asked me a couple of interview-esque questions and a couple days later I got a call from an employee saying that the manager liked me a lot so I was hired without further interview needed. I just needed to answer this questionnare and if I passed I would be called back and told about orientation.

Interview Questions

• Do you have previous retail experience?   1 Answer
    • Would you be able to give recommendations of outfits to customers?   1 Answer
    • How would you be able to contribute to a customers experience at Polo?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Ralph Lauren (El Paso, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

Submitted my application in person, got a call back a few days later to go interview in the store. When I went, it was a group interview of roughly 7 people. The hiring manager rotated around asking us each a few typical and non-typical questions. Then she made us go out into the store and try to "sell" her something.

Interview Questions

• If you could choose to be any Disney character, who would you be and why?   Answer Question

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lyndhurst, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Ralph Lauren (Lyndhurst, NJ) in April 2017.

Interview

Initial call with a recruiter, and then met/talked to 6 different people for 6 different interviews. Very very long process for an entry level role. It has been 2 weeks since my last interview, after multiple emails and calls I have not received any response in regards to my status. After 6 interviews I would hope to at least get an email stating if I didn't or did get the job. Extremely frustrating to go through this.