Ralph Lauren Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 9, 2017

2.6

Corporate Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ralph Lauren (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied through my school and was invited to a first round interview via video conference. My interview just really seemed like she didn't want to be there, which made the interview painful and awkward.

Site Merchandising Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ralph Lauren (New York, NY).

Interview

Awful experience that reflects poorly on the company. When I told the recruiter I was available after 3:30pm for an in-person interview, he and the team pushed for 3pm before settling on 3:15pm. Very rude and unprofessional and left a bad taste in my mouth before I even met them. When I arrived, the hiring manager seemed very disorganized because she asked me the same questions she had asked over the phone. All in all, interviewing is a two-way street - I'm glad this one didn't work out.

Interview Questions

• What are some advantages and opportunities on the website?   Answer Question
    • If we were to hypothetically give you a product category on the website such as Women's Dresses, what would be the first things you would fix on the page?   Answer Question
    • What are some traits you would bring to the table?   Answer Question

Associate Brand Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Ralph Lauren (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied on Linked In, got an email for a phone interview over three months later. I had a nice conversation with the HR Manager, she mostly asked about my planning experience. The next day I was asked to come in for an in person interview with three people, later in the week. The in person interview started with the HR Manager going into more detail about the position and asking some surface level questions, then an excel test which was pretty easy if you're familiar with retail math and excel. I then met with two other people in the department, I think a planning manager and the director of planning (not 100% sure of their titles, but it was two people of those levels). I sent a thank you email to the HR Manager the next day, and while I was writing out my thank you emails to the other two women, I got a speedy response from the HR Manager that they were going to move forward with other candidates.
    I wasn't offered the position, but I wasn't really expecting to be, I didn't have as much experience as they were looking for. The process was overall very pleasant, and I was really impressed and thankful that the HR Manager actually got back to me that quickly

Stylist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ralph Lauren (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

I went through an online interview plus two additional video interviews. The first interview consisted of a series of prompts, 30 seconds to prepare, then a chance to respond. The next two interviews were conducted via Skype.

Interview Questions

• How would my previous experience relate to the role I'm applying for   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ralph Lauren (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview took about a month.
    1. Online Interview
    2. Meet and Greet
    3. Interview with Assistant Manager
    4. Meet with General Manager
    After this process, it took about a few days to hear back.

Associate Technical Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ralph Lauren (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview was around 30 minutes long. The HR was very nice. She started asking about the my general background, asked to go through each work experience in my resume. She asked why I was planning to leave my current job and what I was looking for in this new role.

Interview Questions

• What do you like most about the company that you are working for right now?   Answer Question

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ralph Lauren (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

I spoke with the Team Manager of both teams that were hiring for this position. First, I did an over the phone interview and then two follow-up interviews in person. They were all casual relaxed and friendly people and both ladies did an amazing job following up and staying in touch. Still waiting on an offer or rejection.

Sales Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ralph Lauren (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

I've only had the digital interview, in which you record yourself answering questions. You can do a few practice questions (which aren't recorded) so that you can get the hang of it, but even after doing 2 or 3 of those, I choked on the first recorded question. There were about 8 questions in total, 5/6 of which were recorded. The rest were just multiple choice. As far as the recorded questions, you get 30 seconds to prep for each one after the question is asked, and your response can be up to 3 minutes long.

Interview Questions

• How do you think your past experience will help you in the roles that you are applying for?   1 Answer

Performance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ralph Lauren (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

1. Initial technical assignment & writing of past experience, - to narrow down candidates (this was likely a department level decision / step)
    2. Phone interview
    3. In-person interview (multi-person)

Interview Questions

• 1. Describe past work experiences
      2. Some technical questions
      3. How do you handle different opinions of colleagues?
      Answer Question

Guest Service Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ralph Lauren (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview process was fairly simple- I sent in my application and was contacted a week later by the hiring manager at the men's flagship store in NYC. The interview lasted about a half an hour and I was contacted three days later and offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Describe an instance where you provided "above and beyond" costumer service?   Answer Question