Ralph Lauren Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 28, 2017

2.7

Fashion Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ralph Lauren (London, England (UK)).

Interview

The interview was fairly simply. I spoke with two people and they asked me about my experience as well as telling me more about the position. They got back to me within a few days and made the whole process comfortable and easy

Senior Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ralph Lauren (London, England (UK)).

Interview

The recruitment process took about 2 months and it included a telephone interview with HR and three face to face interviews with line manager, Director and VP. All the interviewers have been professional but at the same time very friendly, making me feel comfortable throughout the entire process. Very nice and supporting HR, they've always answered my questions and shared feedback after interviews promptly.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, walk me through your CV.   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for Ralph Lauren? What can this company offer you that you can't get from your current employer?   Answer Question
    • How would you describe yourself? Strengths and weaknesses.   Answer Question
    • What are the key trends in the UK fashion industry?   Answer Question

Allocator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Watford, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Ralph Lauren (Watford, East of England, England (UK)) in November 2015.

Interview

Fun assessment day which included different activities. Amongst a strong group of candidates. The day also included skills tests, maths test, a one-to-one interview and a short question and answer session. The Ralph Lauren team were really welcoming and friendly.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had to work under pressure and how you handled it.   Answer Question
    • Tell us why you should have the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation

More than satisfactory.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bicester, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ralph Lauren (Bicester, England (UK)) in November 2015.

Interview

Group interview was easy, very friendly environment they make a presentation about the company and why it is nice to work for them and benefits, then they give you a role play to pick some items based on a character they give you and say why you choose it. After they ask you to tell something about yourself and then to say what you remeber about the person next to you to see if you are a good listner

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ralph Lauren in June 2015.

Interview

I got invited to an interview within 24 hours of applying for the role. It was a group interview due to the mass of staff that they were hiring. We had to undertake various tasks whilst our performance was being observed and then feedback to the interviewing members of management.

Interview Questions

• present within a small group what you believe the perfect sales associate is   1 Answer

Assistant Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ralph Lauren (London, England (UK)) in July 2014.

Interview

Two stage interview with human resources and with the potential future line manager. The human resources telephone interview was a traditional human resources interview with a lot of questions about personal skills, team work skills, problem solving skills. The interview with the potential future line manager was very good, questions were job specific skills based and was a good opportunity to get to know the potential future people and the company culture.

Cash Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Ralph Lauren in March 2014.

Interview

interviewed by hr an ops manager 2nd interview found company in a difficult place needing someone to sort out the mess low staff morale incompetent management need to focus on induction training exposed to all levels

Assistant Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ralph Lauren (London, England (UK)) in September 2013.

Interview

good interview process, very structured with clear feedback from HR. The first stage was with HR and the hiring manager, folowed by a SWOT analysis and a interview with the director and hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work here?
      what can you bring?
      what skills and experience do you have?
      Answer Question

Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ralph Lauren (London, England (UK)) in December 2012.

Interview

Telephone interview

Interview Questions

• What is the last thing you learned that could be useful in your position?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bicester, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ralph Lauren (Bicester, England (UK)).

Interview

A relatively informal phone interview with a member of the payroll/recruitment team. After this an interview where you may have a group interview or a lone interview. This is dependent on the amount of people Ralph Lauren is looking at hiring at that particular time.
    There is no major technique here, they are always hiring as people do not tend to remain long with the company. Most individuals use Ralph Lauren as a base and then move on to better paid retail opportunities in the area.

Interview Questions

• One of the following:
      Why do you want to work for Ralph Lauren?
      What can you bring to the company?
      What can you tell me of the history of Ralph Lauren?
      2 Answers

Negotiation

There is no negotiation, it is a low paid job (barely above minimum wage) and there are always people who will take your place so they do not negotiate over pay, holiday etc.