Ralphs Courtesy Clerk Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ralphs Courtesy Clerk Interview Questions

Updated May 18, 2017

1.5

Anonymous Employee in Los Osos, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ralphs (Los Osos, CA).

Interview

I was not interviewed. I was only asked for my information and then was given a drug test. I wasn't sure if I was actually hired, I was confused because I wasn't asked any questions, until I was handed a uniform.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Ralphs

Anonymous Employee in Mission Viejo, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Ralphs (Mission Viejo, CA).

Interview

Walk in, wait for the front end manager to be available. Leads you to the office or the break room and asks basic interview questions. If you are liked, takes a cotton swab before you leave to submit for a drug test, will get back to you on job offer.

Interview Questions

• What hours are you willing to work?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Hawthorne, CA

Application

The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Ralphs (Hawthorne, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got a call around 2 days later. The call was 8 minutes. Pretty long for a phone interview. I got an in-person interview that was scheduled for 2 days later. The interview was RUSHED & only literally 4 minutes at the most but seeing as though the phone interview was pretty long, I still see a future at Ralph's. They also said that they would get back to me in 2 business days and my interview was on a Saturday it is now Monday so I am still waiting patiently!

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ralphs (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I went in for what I thought was an interview and found out I was already hired. Seemed too good to be true...because it was. Management was very unprofessional. They constantly scheduled me outside of my availability. After a couple weeks of working there and countless conversations with management, I quit. Mediocre pay was not worth the stress. I was in town to go to college, so I chose to focus on that.

Anonymous Employee in Tustin, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Ralphs (Tustin, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online and within 2 days I was contacted by someone who asked me a few questions over the phone. The day after the phone interview I came into the store for the interview. It was very laid back and the questions were relatively easy. Overall, the interview process was quick and easy.

Anonymous Employee in Sherman Oaks, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ralphs (Sherman Oaks, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Interview process was them basically asking me basic questions though they never really asked thorough questions so I'm not entirely sure what to compare them to. Over all I aced whatever kind of interview this was but it was pathetic none the less.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Ralphs, what made you apply here   Answer Question

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ralphs.

Interview

One in-person interview with the sales manager. Got a call telling me I was hired about a week later. During the interview they asked very basic behavioral questions. Had to take a long test online with those annoying 1-5 selections. Drug tested at the store.

Training was paid for and very basic.

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ralphs.

Interview

I practically live at the Ralphs near me. Everyone knew me because I was in and out, always having a smile on my face, so I decided to apply. I put in an application and I got a call back the next day, the person asked me a couple of questions over the phone to see if I was a good candidate, she went over the company and what it was about, etc. I went in the very next day for an in person interview with the store manager. Let me tell you. He was the nicest guy ever. He asked me if I wanted water because he noticed I was nervous, and I kindly accepted. He asked me a couple of questions and a few employees interrupted and said, "no way!! You're going to work here?!" And the store manager smiled and I smiled and closed the door. I answered the questions, and he said to me, "you're going to go very far in life, young man, you're sitting here at your first job interview, and you absolutely nailed it..."
    Honestly I've been working there since November of 2015, and its March 16, 2016... I absolutely love it here. The customers put the biggest smile on my face. The whole process took about a week to get me to start working. I went in on October 29, 2015 for the interview, and I went to orientation on Saturday, November 7, 2015, and I started working that Monday, November 9, 2015. :)

Interview Questions

• Do you feel yourself as a part of a team, or a leader   Answer Question
    • If you saw a customer steal an item, what would you do?
      What would you do if you saw an employee steal an item?
      Answer Question
    • How would you deal with an angry employee?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to receive an offer, and I accepted of course!
    No negotiations took place, but if you are interested in working for Ralphs or a Kroger company, IT IS A UNION. As a Courtesy Clerk, I make $10.09/hr, 4-7 hours a day, 4-5 days a week. The union takes out $8 from EVERY PAYCHECK.
    If you're confused, ask your interviewing manager, they'll explain. :)

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Ralphs in January 2016.

Interview

The manager was very kind and casual. I think I just happened to be there at the right time honestly. They really needed people and I talked to him for a couple minutes and we lined everything up from there. He told me to give him a call in a couple days so I did and I was hired! After I filled out the application online and everything.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ralphs (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

15 minutes with the manager, relatively easy. Manager was laid back and was very nice, considering when i had the interview there was a black out in the store. Post interview its difficult to get a hold of the manager because it seems like they are busy during hours with conference calls and come in at 12 & leave at 6

Interview Questions

• What is Customer Service to you?   1 Answer