Randstad Recruiter Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 20, 2017

2.6

19 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Randstad (Dublin, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Came in for initial interview after being contacted by a recruiter for Randstad. First interview was basic questions over the phone followed by in person interview at the office which also went over pretty generic interview questions. I then was invited back for a job shadow. Everything went well and was told at the end I would be contacted by the manager or recruiter that reached out to me about next steps. I sent thank you emails and never got a response. I never heard back from anyone. I messaged the recruiter on LinkedIn after never hearing back and he still to this day had not returned my message. Extremely unprofessional! Especially when their business is recruiting!

Interview Questions

• What makes you a good fit, why your interested in the position. Basic questions.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Randstad

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Randstad.

Interview

They told me that everything was great, and that I was going to the second interview. They explained what was expected in the next steps. Then the original recruiter emailed me to let me know that, that was a lie. I am not sure why they need to lie to people. That is very unprofessional. Especially as a recruiting company.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about working as a team for your bonus?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Randstad (San Diego, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Disorganized, unprofessional and claimed to have just started the interview process, however, they had already hired someone.
    I feel that management should be clear with their recruiters and the potential employees in the interviewing process, to ensure you don't waste peoples time

Recruiter Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Randstad.

Interview

Didn't happen. Recieved an email about my resume and the recruiter position I applied for. I set up a phone interview with a recruiter from Georgia. A week later when she said she would call me, she never did. No email or follow up from her. Waited a week for an interview that didnt happen and it took away from another interview I could have had the same morning.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Islandia, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Randstad (Islandia, NY).

Interview

Register with agency, meet with staffing and they send you out on Interviews that are the right fit.

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard questions will be asked based on what type of opportunity you are looking for.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Randstad (Atlanta, GA) in May 2012.

Interview

I emailed them my resume because I heard about it through the career office at my school. I got a phone interview it lasted under an hour. The guy was real nice it was with the VP of recruiting. I had a personality test then I made it to the 1 on 1 and I met with about 4 different people. They all had different roles and one lady was who's old job I'd be doing. I got a email about 2 days later saying they found someone with better qualifications. But it was a good experience. Everyone including the receptionist was extremely pleasant to be around. One thing was that they didn't ask many questions that all came before the 1 on 1 was more about telling me more about the job.

Interview Questions

• Do you think you could handle talking on the phone constantly and multi tasking in a fast paced enviornment.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Randstad (San Francisco, CA) in September 2011.

Interview

first on the phone,,, then three in-person interviews. Alot of discussion of the role and setting realistic expectations so you understand what you are getting yourself into. Everyone was super helpful through the process.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to get into recruiting   1 Answer

Recruiter Interview

Interview

I had a VERY NEGATIVE interview experience with their Toronto downtown office.

That lady contacted me for the potential opening, then we scheduled a phone interview for the following week. I waited outside for 20 minutes during my lunch time and sent her an email asking if she'd like to reschedule, she replied, saying that fire alarm went off and we need to reschedule to the next day.

Fine. Next day, 5 minutes prior to our time, she sent me an email using her personal Gmail asking for my phone number. Given that I have mentioned my phone number in my resume, email body and my signature, I sent her my phone number one more time. I waited outside for another 30 minutes, no call. Called her, no answer. So I had to leave her another voicemail and email, haven't gotten any response until now. I hope that recruiter lady and her office survived in the fire alarm.

Given such a poor candidate experience, I don't know why Randstad has such a high review. If you cannot manage your hiring process, which should be the critical stage you show your employer image to other recruiting professionals, I don't see your inside is well-organized.

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Randstad.

Interview

I was interviewing for a client of Randstad. Went for an interview on company's site, had a preparatory phone conversation with a representative from Randstad and then a phone interview with the client. Got a promise that would hear back within 5 business days. It was 15 business days ago, and the agency would not respond to a status enquiry. Some years ago I had interviewed for a Senior Recruiter position for Randstad itself. Although it was for a senior position, the possible salary offer would be tiny, that explains the quality of work. Randstad people are kind, but leaving candidates 'hanging' is not a nice thing to do.

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Randstad.

Interview

There were 3 levels of interviews out of which 2 happened on the same day and last one was schedule after 4 days. Then offer negotiation took 1 week and then offer. The entire process took more than 10 days.

Interview Questions

• Details on Technical skills.   1 Answer