Randstad US Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Randstad US Interview Questions

Updated Apr 27, 2017

2.5

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Randstad US (Tampa, FL).

Interview

I was initially contacted through an email stating that she had seen my resume on a career site and would like to talk to me about a position that she thought I would be a good fit for so we set up a 30 minute phone interview. It went well she mostly asked about work history and asked questions that related to the skills one would need to be a recruiter (ex. Team oriented, interview experience, etc.). She then gave a lot of information about the company and why I should work there and then she followed up to set up a video interview with the team leads (would have been in person had I been in the area) which was 30 minutes (one of them didn't show up) and this time was mostly me asking questions and them asking what I knew about the company. After the video interview I was contacted again by the internal recruiter to set up and in person interview at the office I'd be working at which I agreed to drive to and interview. This one was mostly like the video interview with me asking them a lot of questions and them asking me why they should hire me and what I knew about the company. One of my questions for them was what did a normal day look like and then they had me job shadow for 30 more minutes. They then asked me to email a follow up of a short email with again the reasons they should choose me. Overall it was a pretty quick and well organized process for me. 3 weeks, 3 interviews, and 1 job offer. I'm very excited to start working here and hope it lasts a long time.

Staffing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Randstad US (Pleasanton, CA).

Interview

I walked in looking for a temp job and they did an interview that day. I had staffing experience and had just moved to the area, I called and they told me to come in. They reviewed my resume and scheduled a second interview that day.

Interview Questions

• Walked through my past jobs, asked me what I was looking for in my next job.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Randstad US (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I was contacted by 3 different people. I went through 3 different phone screenings and 2 interviews. They also had me take 3 different assessments. They acted very positive about me coming on as a team member praising my prior experience. Even the tone of their voices inflected towards me receiving an offer. I did my research and they had 2 posting for the same position the month i was contacted and 2 additional postings the month prior. They made it seem like it was between me and another but that still left 2 positions open.

Call Center Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Randstad US (Orlando, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online and took an online interview. I did horrible 😱. Received an email 2 days later stating they liked to meet me in person for an in - person interview. Took about 20 min with a manager rather than "hr". He was very professional and the interview was
    mainly the interviewee asking the questions. He asked me about my background and experience but mainly if I had questions so I made up a lot on the spot. Scheduled my background test and drug test as soon as I got home through an email from him and everything else is history.

Overall he wanted to know my availability, that was a must!

Interview Questions

• Go there and rock it.
      The questions are only hard as you receive them.
      1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Randstad US (Orlando, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online. They responded with a face to face interview at which wasn’t hard at all. They were probably the most professional out of all the jobs I’ve had. Shortly after the in-person interview I was emailed to schedule my drug test and complete an online assessment. I failed the drug test 😢. They also do a background and credit check.

Interview Questions

Interview

I had an initial screening and then a second interview where i had to role play as i were presenting to the core team and steering committee, based on a case packet they sent to me in advance

Interview Questions

• Tell me an example of a challenging situation you faced and how did you handled it   1 Answer

Interview

Met with two recruiters who specialise in the Human Resources field.
    One in permanent placements and one in contract, temp / part time.
    Both meetings were productive and the recruiters had the knowledge and understanding of the industry and the city.

Interview Questions

• As it was a recruitment meeting, the interview was not intense towards me, it was more about understanding what I was looking for etc.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Randstad US (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

(Randstad is a staffing agency and I "reactivated" my profile with them; some of the questions below do not apply to me. If you sign with them, they require skills, drug and background testing just to be on-boarded. Then you check in with them weekly, if you aren't working. They will be looking for a company where they can place you, as long as you remind them that you are still searching. My 'free' advice to all who read this: Continue your job search, don’t wait for them to do it, they are supposed to be like a helper to you. And don’t take assignments that pay less than what you need, or you may get “stuck” in a position.) I met with a recruiter who asked pointed questions about what I was looking for in an assignment; I was also told that I wouldn't be 'put just anywhere', something that I appreciated coming off of a job that left me with a "bad taste in my mouth", so to speak.

Interview Questions

• One thing asked was, "do you prefer administrative work or paralegal assignments"? Which was good, because I have experience with both and it showed that the interviewer may be interested not only in 'getting a warm body in a seat' but in what I'd like this go 'round.   1 Answer

Technical Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Randstad US (Seattle, WA) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied through LinkedIn. Internal recruiter scheduled a phone screen to chat and review my background. She made me completely disinterested in the position. At the end she said "So... are you sure you want to continue with this position....?" In a kind of demeaning way. Her attitude completely pushed me away from the company even if they offer decent pay and benefits.

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Randstad US in March 2017.

Interview

Phone Interview - Our conversation was brief but overall positive and informative. After the interview, the recruiter emailed me to confirm my schedule and told me I would speak with hiring managers that same week. I was sent benefits information as well. I waited for next steps and cleared my schedule for the next phone interview however I did not hear back from the recruiter. I felt the process was a bit unprofessional so I decided to move forward with the interview opportunities presented by other companies.