Randstad US Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 22, 2017

2.5

Production/Manufacturing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Randstad US (Orlando, FL) in September 2016.

Interview

Attended a Hiring Event for manufacturing and production positions. Their internet ad said they had all kind of positions from entry level to experienced. However, the weren't hiring entry level, only experienced candidates. Also, the office seemed extremely disorganized and very unprofessional. I honestly don't recommend this staffing agency.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience, what position you're looking for, etc.   Answer Question

Recruitment Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hempstead, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Randstad US (Hempstead, NY).

Interview

Interview process was unprofessional in the garden city office. Would never go back again. Train the staff!!!!
    They call employers for references and will not say positive things about you (the candidate)

Interview Questions

• Unprofessional question such as..... Do you know this person at your old company. We deal with this person and she is ok.
      Unprofessional!!! Train the people who are working there less than a year!
      Answer Question

Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Randstad US (Pleasanton, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Made an appointment, spoke briefly, filled out paperwork, waited for call. i went in on a Friday, and it took until the following Thursday before they called me and said everything checked out. They check all your references and do a background check. When that is done, they schedule you for a drug test.

Interview Questions

• general interview questions-what are your strengths, how long did you work at your last job, why did you leave, etc...It was a pleasant experience. felt comfortable during the entire process.   Answer Question

They told me the job was going to be the amount that I had asked for, and then, at the offer it was lower than I had been told

Staffing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Randstad US (Bellevue, WA) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview process took about a months’ time. Al Rehman was my representative throughout the entire process, he had mediocre communication skills, he was great at contacting you for anything but when you needed anything from him you can hardly get a hold of him. Once I came in for my one to one I was introduced to this hole in the wall office (junk everywhere, no organization in the office structure and everyone working in the office worked in the same space). The team seemed to be pretty laid back, fun and energetic (which I enjoyed). This was also a fast-paced office which I enjoyed.

On the flip-side of things this Branch seems to have been falling apart for some time now. There are only two other consultants in the office Eric and Ana and they have been there 4-5 months because people have been leaving the company left and right. Sarah Carufel the Branch Manager is also leaving because she is overwhelmed with the job and she's planning on moving back home to the Mid-west. Laura Dumitriu (AVP) is a fun and energetic lady as well but she contradicts herself with how serious the job was supposed to be (seemed like she didn't know if she wanted to be serious or humorous at times. Sweet lady though). Rob Hosking (SVP) seemed like a pretty cool guy, he's also only been with the company for about 5 - 6 months (left Robert Half).

This branch is looking to do some heavy recruiting/consulting due to the constant turnover in the office or entire region for that matter (notice the trend with all the new people). Randstad's market presence in the Bellevue territory is horrible (but I guess that makes more room for improvement). If you're applying to the Consultant job just be aware or prepared for the HEAVY LOAD of cold calling. In my job shadow the consultants had a list of the "Office Managers" in and around the area and they would simply call every one of them to skill market a candidate they've interviewed to see if they would be a great fit for the organization. Hard work does go into this; however, there has to be a better way to gain new business besides calling jobs and asking for the office manager to see if they can utilize the candidate you just interviewed. The technology and resources that are provided to do well at your job are all outdated (from what I've noticed).

Did not take the job too many unanswered answers such as why the huge number of turnover in the office and what Randstad had in mind to better this office. The only answer I gained was that they plan on being more aggressive in the market but that does not resolve any problems in my opinion. Randstad use to be a great place to work but now it seems as if they are trying to keep up with competitors.

Interview Questions

• List a time in which you made a mistake.   1 Answer

Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Randstad US (Saint Petersburg, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

Fill out all necessary paperwork and they assure me a job between Wednesday an Friday very professional atmosphere great employees. 2 forms of is taken you set up direct deposit or you can use their cash card the whole process take about 2 hours.

Interview Questions

• Attendance and tardiness is their please don't do thing   1 Answer

Negotiation

They ask you what pay range you would like an try to get you as close as possible there. Or they will let you know what they have an you can chose to stay or go

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Randstad US (Scottsdale, AZ) in August 2016.

Interview

I was invited to this Staffing Company for meeting in person with a Recruiter and Account Executive who wanted to see me in person before submitting my resume to their client.
    Based on my previous experience with third party recruiters and staffing agencies, this meeting was not necessary.
    There are the Phone or Skype for that. Because the Client is one of the Biggest Financial Institutions, they insisted me to come and be dressed up in business formal attire.
    During 20-30 minutes conversation with both recruiters, all relevant topics were touched: the position description, how to conduct a meeting with the client's hiring manager, that they have special connections with the client and so my resume would not be ignored; how important be careful with words selection and expected start date. After this nice talk, I left with expectation that my resume would be promptly submitted. After my several emails, they finally responded that my resume was submitted. One week later, no word about further progress.

Interview Questions

• Was I submitted to this client by other recruiters? Have I applied myself thru this client's website? Could I send them my past submissions list?   1 Answer

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Randstad US in August 2016.

Interview

I was called by a recruiter 1 week and 3 days ago. He was very interested in setting me up for an interview with the company he was working for. I spoke to him on a Friday. I didn't hear anything for the rest of the day and was anxious to know if he was going to move on with me or not. I called him the following Monday and asked if there were any next steps. He said he was going to contact the HR Manager that afternoon. A week went by and I didn't hear anything from him, even after sending follow-up emails and calling him multiple times. I finally just called the office instead of his direct number. I spoke to some lady about him leaving me hanging, and she said he would call me back in 5 to 10 minutes. He was once again, unreliable and did not call. I called them again, half an hour before they closed, and he picked up himself this time. He told me that the job was on hold because they have a temp. worker who was been doing a good job. Why couldn't this man just pick up the phone and tell me this in the first place? I find Randstad to be very unprofessional, as well as the company that they were working with. I will never work with Randstad again.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Randstad US in August 2016.

Interview

Short and easy, they seemed desperate and I was desperate for a position . The interview was 10 minutes via phone and I was offered the temp job on the spot.

Staffing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Randstad US (Bellevue, WA).

Interview

Phone interview was easy. Recruiter described the role and asked if this is something I'm looking to do. Second interview was at branch with the hiring manager. Manager asked me a lot of behavioral and conflict questions and about my past job. Third interview was with the AVP which was a little more intense. AVP asked many questions about previous jobs and why I want this role.

Corporate Counsel Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woburn, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Randstad US (Woburn, MA).

Interview

The process was fairly streamlined and quick. I was able to meet with senior leaders on the team, who were all very welcoming, personable, and clearly proud of their work.

Interview Questions

• Experience in a specific field and questioning whether I had enough experience. Why should they not be concerned about my not having more experience in that specific area?   Answer Question