Randstad US Recruiter Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 21, 2018

2.6

27 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Recruiter Interview

Interview

I was contacted from someone saying they had saw my resume, and felt I may be a good fit for the position. We had a brief conversation and scheduled a phone interview. Had about a 30 minute interview over the phone. I was told I would need to do some online evaluations. I looked them up prior to completing to make sure I understood them, and would perform well. They were different assessments, one of which was wonderlic, and done thru a site called proctor U. The first two went fine. However during the third one which was thru the proctor u site, how it works is there is a proctor that observes you doing the assessment over your webcam. My proctor disconnected during my assessment. I called the site after to make sure my results were processed. I few days later I am told that I scored unusually low. I explained about the technical issues. I was told they would look into ti and send me a new assessment, but never did. BE AWARE, the assessment they use from a poor site may have technical issues and cause you to have issues which will not be taken into account.

Other Interview Reviews for Randstad US

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Randstad US (Tampa, FL).

Interview

I was initially contacted through an email stating that she had seen my resume on a career site and would like to talk to me about a position that she thought I would be a good fit for so we set up a 30 minute phone interview. It went well she mostly asked about work history and asked questions that related to the skills one would need to be a recruiter (ex. Team oriented, interview experience, etc.). She then gave a lot of information about the company and why I should work there and then she followed up to set up a video interview with the team leads (would have been in person had I been in the area) which was 30 minutes (one of them didn't show up) and this time was mostly me asking questions and them asking what I knew about the company. After the video interview I was contacted again by the internal recruiter to set up and in person interview at the office I'd be working at which I agreed to drive to and interview. This one was mostly like the video interview with me asking them a lot of questions and them asking me why they should hire me and what I knew about the company. One of my questions for them was what did a normal day look like and then they had me job shadow for 30 more minutes. They then asked me to email a follow up of a short email with again the reasons they should choose me. Overall it was a pretty quick and well organized process for me. 3 weeks, 3 interviews, and 1 job offer. I'm very excited to start working here and hope it lasts a long time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Randstad US (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I was contacted by 3 different people. I went through 3 different phone screenings and 2 interviews. They also had me take 3 different assessments. They acted very positive about me coming on as a team member praising my prior experience. Even the tone of their voices inflected towards me receiving an offer. I did my research and they had 2 posting for the same position the month i was contacted and 2 additional postings the month prior. They made it seem like it was between me and another but that still left 2 positions open.

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Randstad US in March 2017.

Interview

Phone Interview - Our conversation was brief but overall positive and informative. After the interview, the recruiter emailed me to confirm my schedule and told me I would speak with hiring managers that same week. I was sent benefits information as well. I waited for next steps and cleared my schedule for the next phone interview however I did not hear back from the recruiter. I felt the process was a bit unprofessional so I decided to move forward with the interview opportunities presented by other companies.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Randstad US (Dallas, TX).

Interview

First, there was a phone interview with their internal recruiting department and then I was invited in for a in person interview with the team leader. The interview seemed to go well. I was told I'd be contacted within the month as the reviewed their needs. I was in almost constant contact with my contacts at the company and received no response. As the time got closer to when I was supposed to be hearing back, I called to check on the status and was still given a generic answer. I believe that should give feedback and a yes or no status on the next step in order to complete the cycle and be professional

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the position?
      What are the day to day activities of this role   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Randstad US (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

I was called by the branch manager, who had seen my resume and reached out to me, we did a 30 min phone screen which was really positive and in which she described the company as idyllic. I was very excited to interview with her, which I did the next week. She was very friendly and informative but also seemed to not really care about the answers to my questions. After meeting with her, and her two sales women I was told that she had to speak to her manager and that she would set up a call time for me to speak to her. After a few days the manager reached out and talked about the company and how "high end" and "unlike my last position" the job requirements were...making me feel as though I didn't fit in to her girls club. She asked me almost zero questions and said she would have someone get back to me... eventually the original woman got back to me and asked me to come in for a one on one job shadow, which I did. At the end of the shadow she told me they were still interviewing other candidates and she would let me know by the end of the week... she completely didn't call me and after several days I reached out through email and she called saying that they had gone with someone else. Basically it was an utter waste of my time, money and gas.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Randstad US (Sacramento, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I was contacted via LinkedIn to discuss a position, and I was interested. Had a 30 min phone call which went well. The company seemed like they had a lot of room for growth, flexibility, and a good compensation structure. Was set up for a second interview which was almost the same and that person proceeded to tell me what they would be bringing me in for an in person interview within the next two weeks, and they would be reaching out to me with the details. I even told them which days and times I was available. 7 weeks later and still no word from them, then a different recruiter reaches out to me asking if I was interested in the same opportunity, at the same location. They really need to get organized and keep better track of their candidates. It's terrible that they are a staffing agency and it's this unorganized. Even if they decided to not interview me anymore it's common courtesy to let the candidate know that. Stay away if you're serious about a career!

Interview Questions

• What are you looking for? What is your base salary requirement?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Randstad US (Atlanta, GA) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview was just okay. Very awkward. Was not offered the position. Considering how the interview went I probably would have declined the offer if given the position. Would not recommend.

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Randstad US.

Interview

The interview process moved along adequately. It consisted of an initial phone screen. Followed by a one on one interview and a group interview. the whole process took about 1.5 -2 weeks.

Recruiter Interview

Interview

Applied online, the next day got an email from the manager asking if I was willing to relocate. Emailed the manager back. Next day, got a phone call around evening time (6pm). Asked questions about my resume and realized it was a phone screening interview.

Interview Questions

• What were some of your previous job experiences and how will those experiences contribute to Randstad?   Answer Question