Randstad US Staffing Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Randstad US Staffing Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Apr 24, 2017

3.1

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Randstad US (Pleasanton, CA).

Interview

I walked in looking for a temp job and they did an interview that day. I had staffing experience and had just moved to the area, I called and they told me to come in. They reviewed my resume and scheduled a second interview that day.

Interview Questions

• Walked through my past jobs, asked me what I was looking for in my next job.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Randstad US

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Randstad US (Bellevue, WA) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview process took about a months’ time. Al Rehman was my representative throughout the entire process, he had mediocre communication skills, he was great at contacting you for anything but when you needed anything from him you can hardly get a hold of him. Once I came in for my one to one I was introduced to this hole in the wall office (junk everywhere, no organization in the office structure and everyone working in the office worked in the same space). The team seemed to be pretty laid back, fun and energetic (which I enjoyed). This was also a fast-paced office which I enjoyed.

On the flip-side of things this Branch seems to have been falling apart for some time now. There are only two other consultants in the office Eric and Ana and they have been there 4-5 months because people have been leaving the company left and right. Sarah Carufel the Branch Manager is also leaving because she is overwhelmed with the job and she's planning on moving back home to the Mid-west. Laura Dumitriu (AVP) is a fun and energetic lady as well but she contradicts herself with how serious the job was supposed to be (seemed like she didn't know if she wanted to be serious or humorous at times. Sweet lady though). Rob Hosking (SVP) seemed like a pretty cool guy, he's also only been with the company for about 5 - 6 months (left Robert Half).

This branch is looking to do some heavy recruiting/consulting due to the constant turnover in the office or entire region for that matter (notice the trend with all the new people). Randstad's market presence in the Bellevue territory is horrible (but I guess that makes more room for improvement). If you're applying to the Consultant job just be aware or prepared for the HEAVY LOAD of cold calling. In my job shadow the consultants had a list of the "Office Managers" in and around the area and they would simply call every one of them to skill market a candidate they've interviewed to see if they would be a great fit for the organization. Hard work does go into this; however, there has to be a better way to gain new business besides calling jobs and asking for the office manager to see if they can utilize the candidate you just interviewed. The technology and resources that are provided to do well at your job are all outdated (from what I've noticed).

Did not take the job too many unanswered answers such as why the huge number of turnover in the office and what Randstad had in mind to better this office. The only answer I gained was that they plan on being more aggressive in the market but that does not resolve any problems in my opinion. Randstad use to be a great place to work but now it seems as if they are trying to keep up with competitors.

Interview Questions

• List a time in which you made a mistake.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Randstad US (Bellevue, WA).

Interview

Phone interview was easy. Recruiter described the role and asked if this is something I'm looking to do. Second interview was at branch with the hiring manager. Manager asked me a lot of behavioral and conflict questions and about my past job. Third interview was with the AVP which was a little more intense. AVP asked many questions about previous jobs and why I want this role.

Staffing Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Randstad US.

Interview

1) Phone screening
    2) In person interview
    3) Two online assessments, one being similar to a Wonderlic test and the other a pattern recognition test.
    4) Final in-person interview

Offer than extended. Did a good job of explaining expectations and training regiment during interview. Training is very robust. They really provided a great overview of the industry for someone coming from outside of it.

Interview Questions

• How you deal with rejection? How you deal with irate customers?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Randstad US (Memphis, TN) in June 2015.

Interview

Had an initial phone interview, took online assessments, came in for first interview, scheduled second interview with another manager at the end of the first interview, had second interview, received offer by phone a few days later

Interview Questions

• Q: How would you describe the value of our service?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Randstad US (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

First I had a 15 minute phone interview, then a face to face interview, then I did a 2 hour job shadow, and then another face to face interview with a different branch manager.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to overcome a disagreement with a fellow employee   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. I accepted first offer

Staffing Consultant Interview

Interview

Had a phone interview, went in and interviewed, after that was sent the wonderlic test and IQ test, talked on the phone with the person with distributed the test. came back in for another interview this time at another location, got interviewed me a senior staffing consultant and then the area Vice president.

Staffing Consultant Interview

Interview

Interview process isn't tough - just say you're willing to work until 8 and you'll get it. It started with a phone call and then 2 rounds of interviews. Dress business professional. Really just do yourself a favor and skip the interview.

Staffing Consultant Interview

Interview

I had one round of interviews with the area vice president and senior branch manager. they gave me the job the next day. Very easy nothing unexpected. The job they told me I would do is not the same as the one I actually do

Interview Questions

• Can you repeat all the metrics that we just described to you?   Answer Question

Staffing Consultant Interview

Interview

The process was easy. 2 phone interviews over the phone and two assessments. The corporate recruiter was very thorough and was very quick to respond. She also was informative.