Randstad US Technical Recruiter Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 12, 2017

2.5

15 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Randstad US (Seattle, WA) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied through LinkedIn. Internal recruiter scheduled a phone screen to chat and review my background. She made me completely disinterested in the position. At the end she said "So... are you sure you want to continue with this position....?" In a kind of demeaning way. Her attitude completely pushed me away from the company even if they offer decent pay and benefits.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Randstad US

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Randstad US (Waltham, MA) in April 2016.

Interview

I had two separate negative experiences interviewing with Randstad Technologies. If you are considering interviewing in Waltham, please continue to read this.. My first interview in 2014 was with Eric in Waltham. When I showed up for the interview, the receptionist had no record of my interview. I didn't think about it at the time. During my interview, Eric asked me "how I liked working for my grandfather?", little did he know that I never worked for my grandfather and he recently passed away. I was immediately caught off guard and felt very uncomfortable. Long story short I finished the interview and never heard back from them.

A year later a recruiter reached out to me for the same position. I happened to be searching for a job and I took it to sharpen my interview skills. I had two phone interviews- one with a recruiter and one with a recruiting director. Both phone interviews they forgot to call me! Both times they apologized and rescheduled.

In summary, all three recruiters/ directors that I spoke to were VERY unprofessional and disorganized.

Interview Questions

• Why randstad? Goals? Skills? Why am I looking to leave my current job?   Answer Question

Technical Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Randstad US in March 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed by about 3-4 different people all for a few minutes, they were all nice through the process. I should of got hints about what this job entailed through the interview. Found out after I have been here almost 8 months that they have an extremely high turnover and there's been about 60 plus recruiters that have come and gone within a 3 year period. There's already been about 5-6 departures since I've been here. If you don't mind staring at a computer 10 plus hours a day and calling 300+ people a week most of which you can't understand as you are going to be in IT and they are foreigners then this is the job for you. Eventually you just go numb from saying the same voicemail over and over. And good luck getting personal info on some of the accounts looking for highly sensitive info that you would think a scammer was trying to get from you to be able to submit people to roles. Without that info you can't submit them, so you'll lose plenty of great candidates due to that.

Interview Questions

• They would question why I was interested in getting into recruiting and were trying to talk me out of the position in a way to see how committed I was to the opportunity...I should have listened to them.   1 Answer

Technical Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Randstad US.

Interview

Fairly straightforward. Nothing out of the ordinary for a typical recruiting role. I was referred in so possibly easier for me. Phone interview, face to face, offer. Be prepared to sell yourself and why you can be a great recruiter regardless of tools.

Interview Questions

• Asked about my experience and what successes I have had as well as my failures. Strengths and weaknesses.   Answer Question

Technical Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Randstad US in June 2015.

Interview

one phone call, came in and got the job, very easy. walked around the office got to know a few people. asked me why i wanted to be there and what i was looking for.met a few of the mangers and got a feel for them. asked me what my long term goals. they like to hear that you want to make money. one thing they hate is if you tell them you want to help ppl

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Randstad US (Dallas, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

One phone interview, one on-site with two individuals. One account manager, one director. Pretty easy and did not take up an entire day. Dress professionally. Easy questions and wont try to stump you, but it seems very transactional.

Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Randstad US (Parsippany, NJ) in October 2014.

Interview

First interviewed with HR on the phone, then set up the in-person interview. Met with 2 Managers, 2 Recruiters and a few sales folks. Interview was exciting and informational; easy to ask questions and got a great sense of the environment.

Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Randstad US (Fresno, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

The interview process was pretty simple and to the point. I started with a phone interviewing after applying online. I then spoke with recruiters and the director. When I came in for a face to face, I met the team, shadowed other recruiters, interviewed, etc. After a couple days I was offered the job and accepted.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Randstad US (Boston, MA) in August 2013.

Interview

-Conducted a Phone Screen with internal corporate recruiter
    -Conducted in-person interview with Recruiting Manager
    -Met with multiple recruiters in the office for an honest discussion about day-to-day responsibilities
    -Conducted in-person interview with Branch Manager
    -Conducted in-person interview with Regional Manager

Interview Questions

• Q: What do you know about the staffing industry and how the process works?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Randstad US (Atlanta, GA) in July 2013.

Interview

VERY long interview process. Had to first speak with a recruiter, then the hiring manager, THEN they brought me in for a multi-interview, where I met with multiple people. This took way too long, especially considering it's an entry level role.

Interview Questions

• Easy questions. Looking for a personality fit, and someone that assures them they don't mind making 50+ phone calls a day.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Zero negotiation.

Randstad US Response

Jan 12, 2015 – Corporate Recruiter

Thank you! We do have a longer interview process than most, but we invest time into our employees and want to hire employees that will be with us for a long time.