Rapid7 Business Development Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Rapid7 Business Development Representative Interview Questions

Updated Dec 21, 2016

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rapid7 (Boston, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to via LinkedIn based on my headline and experience. We had a phone conversation and then I was invited to a sales social event which allowed me to learn a lot about the sales organization. I had an in-person interview the next week with two managers, was required to do a mock email and voicemail post-interview, and received a verbal offer about a week after that. After they checked my references and record, I received the offer letter. Total process took about 3-4 weeks.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Rapid7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rapid7 (Boston, MA) in June 2016.

Interview

One quick phone discussion, and then interviewed in person for 2 hours. Met with 3 different people.
    Then I had to create a mock email as a BDR would do to a client, and leave a mock voicemail. After that, they made it seem like a decision would be made. A week later I got an offer, but I still had to do a sales pitch with one of the managers, which seemed like the company was stringing along hurdles they did not elaborate on. Finally I got an offer, based on that I had a clean record. Once again, interesting.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Rapid7 (Boston, MA) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied online, then phone screening, then invite to a BDR social where I was able to meet with a number of current employees/managers as well as other prospective BDR's (learn more about culture, the role, etc). Scheduled an interview at end of social then one in person interview with three managers. Found out midway through the next week, very quick process.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rapid7 (Boston, MA) in April 2016.

Interview

Very straightforward interview process. You apply online with a resume attached, first there is a phone interview (screening basically) and if they deem you a decent fit they will bring you in for a face to face interview with the managers of the two BDR teams. Based on how you do after that, they will either give you an offer or bring you in to speak some more.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in sales?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rapid7 (Boston, MA) in October 2015.

Interview

Standard interview process. Met with three individuals one on one for approximately 30 mins each. Each interviewer was nice and knowledgeable, however only one had bothered to read my resume, and his recollection of it was spotty at best. This showed me that they were less interested in my credentials than most employers I have interviewed with.

Interview Questions

• Name on challenge in either your professional or personal life that you had to persevere to overcome   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Rapid7 (Boston, MA).

Interview

Pretty easy Interview on the phone. Total interview on the phone was about 20 min. Like others have said, they asked me about about my resume/ previous work positions and why I was interested in the company/ how I heard about them. Then they invited me to an employee referral night which, as I understand it, is an event/ party in order to checkout the culture of the office.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you set a goal and you had to overcome adversity in order to achieve that goal   Answer Question

Business Development Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Rapid7.

Interview

Applied through a reference, then spoke with a recruiter for about 15 minutes over the phone. The phone screening was relatively straight forward - they run through your resume. I would recommend trying to turn it into a conversation as best you can. I was then asked to fill out a personality test online and come into the office for four 30 minute interviews with members of the sales team. It's not a very technical process, they're looking to see if you're motivated and easy to talk to - technical knowledge is teachable.

I'd like to note that a lot of the crazy reviews on this site from several years ago are true (from what people have told me), but also extremely outdated. The company made an enormous shift about 2 years ago by bringing in new management and changing the sales model entirely. The training program is unparalleled, they truly invest in you for the first month (about 5 hours of training per day for 4 weeks).

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation - it's an entry-level position

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Rapid7 (Boston, MA) in July 2013.

Interview

I had a phone interview for this position on a Friday and was asked my availability to come for an in-person interview for the following Monday or Tuesday. I said it had to be in the afternoon because I had another job still. On Monday, I get an email with my scheduled interview at 8:45 am the next day. Annoyed by the total disregard of my availability (why bother asking), I rearranged my schedule to attend. I got to the office building at 8:30 to find my name was not registered at the security desk. I called my point of contact twice with no answer. I used the phone at security to call the main office line. No answer. I emailed my point of contact asking what I should do. With no answer, at 9:00am I left. I was in complete shock as my first time slot was supposed to be with the exact woman who was blowing me off. At 9:05 I sent another email to let them know I was no longer interested and that they had completely wasted my time. Fifteen minutes later, I get an email -an EMAIL, not a phone call - apologizing for the miscommunication. Apparently, she was "tied up" in a meeting during my interview slot and didn't realize she had screwed up with security. I responded to her half-hearted email saying I would like to time to think about whether I wanted to interview at a different date. She never even responded to that email. I have not heard from anyone at this company since. This is by far the most unprofessional firm I have ever dealt with and if this is any indication of how they treat their employees, it is definitely not a place I would ever want to work.

Interview Questions

• No difficult or unexpected questions in the phone interview - I never had an in person interview after the first disaster.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rapid7 (Boston, MA) in January 2013.

Interview

First step was a phone screen by someone in HR. I went onsite for 2 hours and met with three people. I thought it went really well - seemed like a great group of people, but they never returned any of my calls or email to give me feedback.

Interview Questions

• If you could change one thing about yourself what would it be and why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rapid7 (Boston, MA) in January 2012.

Interview

I interviewed for a business development representative in the Boston office. The interview consisted of two parts in which I met with two regional managers. They asked me several questions, and it seemed like they were seeing if my personality and skills matched up with those desired of someone in the position. I left the interview on a good note. They called me back a few days later to schedule another interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe an accomplishment that you had to work really hard for, and how did you make sure you accomplished that goal?   Answer Question
    • Tell me the last thing byou bought. Sell it to me.   Answer Question