Rasmussen College Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Rasmussen College

2.8

Peer Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ocala, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Rasmussen College (Ocala, FL) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview process is incredibly relaxed. I received a phone call from the Learning Services Coordinator for my department. Questions were entirely behavioral, such as the classic 'Tell me about a time...'. It was mostly to get a feel for the person and determine if they were a good fit for the team.

Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, MN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Rasmussen College (Bloomington, MN) in December 2016.

Interview

Was scheduled an interview a little over a week in advance and was cancelled the day of due to making the pool smaller. The least that could've been done was send an email notification a day or two before the interview day. Disappointed and unprofessional.

Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rasmussen College in August 2015.

Interview

The recruiter contacted me to conduct the interview. I currently work in customer service so I take phone calls all day. Although, I tried to not be on the phone at the time we had scheduled to do the phone interview-- of course I was on the phone when she called. I called maybe two minutes after she left a voice mail and her tone with me was irritated that I had to call her back. I apologized and said I would still like to proceed with the interview. Unfortunately, I felt rushed and I felt that she had already decided that she didn't want to hire me. At one point, I heard her giggling in the background at an answer to the question, "Why did you pick to apply to Rasmussen College?" She also asked how I heard about the position 3 different times. She had an nasty demeanor and I did not enjoy my time speaking with her. She rushed me off the phone and as soon as I hung up I knew I didn't want anything to do with the company anyway if I was treated that way. She was extremely rude and condescending and I hope Rasmussen is aware of who they have representing their brand.

IT Student Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rasmussen College (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

Went throught the proper student work-study program process. Notified the work-study program representative and inquired about the position and if I qualified. Once my qualification was determined I was contacted by the supervisor of the position for an on-site interview. After determination, it takes 2 weeks before actual start date. This gives IT the proper amount of time to get everything set up.

Interview Questions

• What courses have you completed?   1 Answer

Admissions Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Maitland, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rasmussen College (Maitland, FL) in March 2013.

Interview

Two interviews, one with Assistant Director one with Director. Experience questions and what if questions. What would you do if.... In your passed how did you react when someone.... If you had to talk to someone who was rude with you what would you do?

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Elmo, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Rasmussen College (Lake Elmo, MN) in January 2012.

Interview

Very in-depth interview process -- multiple phone and in-person interviews. This is because the organization really tries to vet new hires -- it's a good thing. Most people that are employed at Rasmussen College stay there for a long time.

Interview Questions

• How would you get a needle out of a haystack?   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, MN

Interview

I had a total of 4 interviews (1 phone, 3 in person) and was asked to take a personality assessment. Each interview was with two new people (was under the impression it would only be with one each time). The third interview I shadowed another account manager for about 45 min.

Interview Questions

• Walk us through your resume, how do you stay motivated, why Rasmussen, what do you like about the position, what did your last supervisor say in your last review, why did you leave your previous position, what can you bring to the table, how will you make sure you're successful in this position, etc.   Answer Question

Admissions Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rasmussen College (Tampa, FL) in December 2012.

Interview

I submitted a resume online, received a phone call 3 weeks later. I had a 30 min phone call with the recruiter. 3 weeks later, I had a telephone interview with the Director, who would be my immediate supervisor. We talked for about 20 mins, it was conversational. She indicated that she wanted me to come to the campus for an onsite interview, job-shadow someone in the position, and meet the campus director. That happened quickly - in about 5 days. I went to the location, spent 4 hours there. 2 days later, I received a rejection email. I was a little disappointed - I felt like the time I spent there warranted more than just a "thanks but no thanks" generic email. It was a positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Do you have specific experience meeting sales goals/quotas? How did you meet those goals? What is your ideal co-worker like? Why do you want to work here? How would your current supervisor describe you in 3 words?   Answer Question

Admissions Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rasmussen College in December 2013.

Interview

There was a phone interview, they said it would last 30 minutes but only ended up being 10. They only asked about my job history (which was already written on my resume) and no personal questions. They said they'd call me back, but it's been a month so I guess I didn't get it. Very poor interviewing skills.

Admissions Representative Interview

Application

I interviewed at Rasmussen College in February 2016.

Interview

The phone interview was scheduled for 11am (I double checked the confirmation email), yet she called me at 10:30am. The phone interview was fairly easy, conversational, and standard questions. I proceeded to the next phone interview with the program manager.