Rasmussen College Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 19, 2017

2.7

Academic Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Port Richey, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rasmussen College (New Port Richey, FL) in May 2017.

Interview

Lengthy and inefficient . They had me interview with a recruiter over the phone, then I interviewed with the director over the phone, then I interviewed with the manager over the phone. I get an email from the recruiter saying that they had "great things to say about me" and wanted to do in person interviews. I was also scheduled for another phone interview with the head of academic advising.
     I go for an in person interview. This interview is with the AA manager and other advisors. Many of the questions were repeated from interviews before. Afterwards, I find out I have another in person interview with the director and the same AA manager so I head across the hallway to have an interview with them. A few hours later I received a call from the head of Academic Advising. After the last interview I felt the process to be inefficient. I was also thrown off by the amount of questions relating to how I would get along with someone not pulling their weight or hard to get along with (do they have a problem there?), and based on the questions that were asked by the director, I have a suspicion that this school focuses more on numbers and retention than the students best interest at heart. It's a private school, so I wasn't too surprised. I ended up not completing my background check, as I had already decided that this was not the right fit for me. Nevertheless, I did receive an email saying that they had to narrow down the candidates and I was not part of the cut. If I had been part of that group I wonder how many more interviews would have been involved.

Interview Questions

• They kept asking about how I deal with people I don't get along with, in various ways   Answer Question
    • What resources would you use to retain students?   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rasmussen College.

Interview

1. Phone interview with Recruiter (30 minutes)
    2. Phone interview with Hiring Manager (30 minutes)
    3. In-person interview with Hiring Manager and Campus Director (1 hour)
    3A. Fill out Another Employment Application for the background check before next interview.
    4. In-person interview with Director of Admissions at another campus (1 hour)

Interview Questions

• What lead you to apply for this role?
      What is your sales experience?
      Do you have experience working on a phone?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Rasmussen College (New York, NY).

Interview

It was a little tedious. Put you through the ringer as the PM's would do for the student. Got to be a little redundant but all in all was pretty easy. Negotiate salary immediately, especially if you have previous sales experience as the wiggle room is not there after.

Interview Questions

• Why would I hire someone with as little experience as you?   1 Answer

Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, MN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Rasmussen College (Bloomington, MN) in December 2016.

Interview

Was scheduled an interview a little over a week in advance and was cancelled the day of due to making the pool smaller. The least that could've been done was send an email notification a day or two before the interview day. Disappointed and unprofessional.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Park, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Rasmussen College (Oak Park, IL).

Interview

Phone interview with an HR recruiter a week and a half ago that lasted about 25 minutes. Recruiter was pleasant until I asked about a time frame for hearing back from them. I was told I'd get a yes or no regarding an in person interview by the end of the week. Never heard back from them so I am assuming they decided to proceed with other candidates.

Student Ambassador Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eagan, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Rasmussen College (Eagan, MN) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview was very informal and positive at the same time. The interviewer made me feel relaxed and comfortable from the moment I walked in the door. This was one of the most positive interviews that I have had.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rasmussen College (Bloomington, MN) in April 2016.

Interview

I had a total of 4 interviews within a 2 week timeline. First one was over the phone with the recruiter who was very pleasant. The second one was with one of the supervisors over the phone. The next interview was in person and with the other supervisor. They asked the typical questions like walk me through your resume, what did you like about your last 2 jobs, what did you dislike about them, etc. The final interview was with the assistant vp of admissions, well the recruiter goofed up on the meeting. I came in the day before it was 'actually' scheduled so that was an inconvenience-- the recruiter apologized and told me it was actually set up for the next day and she told me the wrong date. So, I felt a little discouraged since I had to take time away from my current job. The last interview was pretty similar to the ones with the supervisors, except the VP was asking most of the questions. I really connected with all the supervisors, I was really bummed when I got an email from the recruiter saying they eliminated the position for another Program Manager and the requisition was closed. I invested a lot of time with them and didn't understand why they put me through such a lengthy interview process if they weren't going to hire anyone else.

Interview Questions

• Which one describes you more: Hate to lose or love to win? Tell me about yourself. Describe a time you had a conflict with a supervisor, how did you resolve it? What was your favorite thing about your current job? Why are you leaving your current job? Why Rasmussen?   Answer Question

Admissions Representative Interview

Application

I interviewed at Rasmussen College in February 2016.

Interview

The phone interview was scheduled for 11am (I double checked the confirmation email), yet she called me at 10:30am. The phone interview was fairly easy, conversational, and standard questions. I proceeded to the next phone interview with the program manager.

Senior Admissions Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Rasmussen College (Minneapolis, MN) in January 2016.

Interview

Met with DoA, RVP, CD and had to present on Metrics, Goals, and show proven results granting this promotion. Also needed to demonstrate clearly my expectations for myself and the Team.

Interview Questions

• Describe your Management Style? Why now? What do you plan to do after this Promotion?   1 Answer

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rasmussen College.

Interview

It was a 3 week process, meeting with the directors and eventually the assistant vp. They asked typical interview questions.It was a little challenging since I do have a bubbly energetic personallity where everyone I talked to was not, so it was a little difficult to match their personalities. After each interview I sent a thank you email and the HR person was always quick to respond to my questions. I eventually made it to the final round of interviews and of course sent my thank you email to the HR person since that was the only contact information I had and then never heard back from them. I even asked when they were looking to make a decision so I would have some kind of knowledge of their time line. Would of appreciated some kind of email letting me know I didn't get the position.

Interview Questions

• They asked the typical questions, what are you strengths/weaknesses, where do you see yourself in 5 years, example of a difficult situation in a previous job and how did you overcome it, how did you overcome a conflict with a coworker and supervisor   Answer Question