Rational Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

Interviews for Top Jobs at Rational

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rolling Meadows, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rational (Rolling Meadows, IL).

Interview

I cannot stress how unprofessional their corporate interviewers are. (Except VP in HR who was really nice.) They were so desperate to hire; they just brought in people who have irrelevant experience and made them think it was possible.

1. They were late for all three occasions, including phone interviews and in-person interviews. See, this is flexible. It's not horrible in all situations. But one of their interviewers had the audacity to say other people are unprofessional when she dressed unprofessionally and arrived late. Again, it wouldn't be horrible in each situation. But it is horrible if you are a double-standard hypocrite.

2. Don't expect them to show you around as you would expect if they decide to bring you in for an onsite interview. In fact, there seemed like nothing was following a standard interviewing procedure at all. They weren't there when I arrived. They just sat down without self-introduction and started to ask questions.

3. Gosh, wasn't one of the interviewer rude! I don't want to get into it. But she was the rudest and entitled person I have ever met in a professional capacity.

4. I suggest you change your onsite test for writing. There is nothing to test if you are giving out a specific agenda. It would be much more efficient to give out a spreadsheet than writing it into an email. That doesn't test people skills nor writing skills.

Interview Questions

• Will you miss your other specialties if you are to start working in this position?   1 Answer

Rational Response

Mar 2, 2020 – HR Specialist People Experience

Thanks a lot for your feedback.
    I am very sorry that you weren’t able to gain a positive experience from our company. We want to improve ourselves continuously, and would be happy if you would provide detailed feedback to us. Please, do not hesitate to contact me in case you are interested to talk about your experiences again. You can reach me via mail m.pittroff@rational-online.com or by phone: +49 8191 327-2773

Miriam Pittroff
    HR Specialist People Experience

Ontariio Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rational (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2013.

Interview

Question and answer with regional director. We talked about the description of the job ad from the online job board. The interview was from a very basic service background and my experience and skills was far above his knowledge.

Interview Questions

• What were some of my duties at Rational Canada?   1 Answer

Werkstudent Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Landsberg am Lech (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rational (Landsberg am Lech (Germany)) in January 2020.

Interview

Professionell, vorbereitet, vielseitig. Der Telefonkontakt mit der Personal-Abteilung vorab war aus meiner perönlichen Sicht sehr kompetent. Das Gespräch war professionell, und sehr angenehm/fair.
    Die Vertragserstellung lief reibungslos ab und ich habe mich jederzeit gut aufgehoben gefühlt.

Interview Questions

• Was würden Sie für ein Essen mit guten Freunden kochen?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Rational.

Interview

Sehr offenes Gespräch, welches sehr informativ und dennoch "locker" war. Der Empfang war freundlich und das Gespräch wurde mit einer Person geführt. Alles in allem eine durchwegs positive Erfahrung v.a. durch Fragen über eigene Interessen, Vorstellungen und Fähigkeiten, welche ich im Nachhinein perfekt einbringen konnte.

Interview Questions

Rational Response

Mar 2, 2020 – HR Specialist People Experience

Vielen Dank für Ihre Bewertung.
    Es freut uns, dass Sie mit Ihrem Vorstellungsgespräch zufrieden waren. Herzlichen Dank für Ihr Feedback!

Miriam Pittroff
    HR Specialist People Experience

Masterand Interview

Anonymous Employee in Landsberg am Lech (Germany)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rational (Landsberg am Lech (Germany)) in August 2018.

Interview

Ich fand es in erstes Gespräch sehr nett und leicht bzw. informativ. Davor hat die Personalabteilung telefonisch und per E-Mail die mögliche Termine vereinbart. Es lief sehr gut und klappt sehr schnell.