Raven Industries Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Raven Industries Interview Questions

Updated Dec 22, 2016

2.8

Engineering Intern Interview

Interview

Basic technical interview, asked me questions about circuits and programming - seemed nice.

Intern Interview

Interview

It was a phone interview, the guy was very cool.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rapid City, SD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Raven Industries (Rapid City, SD) in December 2015.

Interview

I spoke to recruiter at a career fair and was offered an interview a few months later. I was told I could dress casual and I was interviewed at their Rapid City office.The interview was very informal and we mostly talked about my past experience and projects.

Interview Questions

• What was a difficulty you experienced during a project and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sioux Falls, SD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Raven Industries (Sioux Falls, SD) in March 2014.

Interview

Applied in November of 2013 and met with Raven employees at college career fair. Set up a phone interview a few weeks later with mostly technical and some administrative questions. Was at first told there was not a full time opening and mostly just kept an open line of contact. Was contacted a few weeks later to set up an onsite interview.

The interview consisted of four 45 minute interviews with multiple people each. In my opinion, a bit less structured than most interviews. Interviewers had note pad and a copy of my resume was all and half took notes while the other half did not. Interview was followed by lunch and a short conversation with the hiring manager.

For the most part it was a good experience. The hiring manager seemed like a great guy to be around, as well as his manager.

The most poor experience was with one of the interviewers from another group (same level as the hiring manager's manager). He started by asking a very vague question of telling me to run through my experiences and explain why I would be a good fit at Raven. Given that I have done many interviews, how he asked the question meant he wanted me to give a high level overview of the types of work I did and then summarize why I was a fit. Well as soon as I started rolling through it he kept stopping me to go into more detail in areas that you would typically go into more detail on in a later question. It was frustrating and rude in my mind because he told me to go through this quickly and then he begins to derail and never let me finish going through it.

The second instance was with the same person. Another person in the interview asked me what brand a part was on a project I worked on. It was off a generic website and for the most part an unbranded chinese part. I said I did not know, but explained that I knew how it functioned and such as it was not a circuit I was heading. He then made what I took as a smart alec remark saying oh well then you must not have been the co-leader, you were the assistant leader.

It seemed as though one person left a bad taste on the whole experience, even though he seemed to be a genuinely nice person.

Interview Questions

• Just kinda the unstructuredness of the interview made it difficult to feel comfortable at times.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Round Rock, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Raven Industries (Round Rock, TX).

Interview

I was contacted by Engineering Manager. First round was phone screen with programming questions and behavioral questions. I was called for on-site interview and had to do a presentation on top of technical. The interview lasted 4 hours Everyone seemed extremely friendly and professional.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Raven Industries.

Interview

Submitted resume through their website. Received a call a couple of weeks later to setup phone interview.

At initial planned time, I never received a call, and ended up receiving a call later to apologize for missed interview.

The second time, interview did take place and was very straightforward. Some curveball questions, but none really technical but behavioral.

Interview Questions

• Describe a topic in school to me as if I know nothing.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Senior Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sioux Falls, SD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Raven Industries (Sioux Falls, SD) in October 2012.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter in Sioux Falls. I meet with the CIO over the phone and then in an interview and also one on one with the head of HR. More to see if a cultural fit. Then I meet with the CIO and the developer manager were I was moderately grilled over lunch on IT and math topics.

Interview Questions

• It's been a long time but: What do you know about SQL?   1 Answer