Raycom Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 21, 2017

2.5

Digital Content Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Raycom (Birmingham, AL) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview is composed of a writing and judgement test. It tested my current AP style of writing. The judgement was used to determine what I would do in certain situations. I was taken to lunch by the person I would be reporting to.

Traffic Inventory Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Raycom (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

I received an email and phone call withing 3 business days of applying.Three part process. In person interview with two managers, interview with operations manager, then third informal interview via telephone with hr.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Raycom.

Interview

Very loose in the interview process. They only wanted to know what programs I was comfortable using. When they talk to you they're pretty nice and give you a very basic outline of what your job is. You aren't able to do much the first month and generally work on editing or cutting in video that's recycled broadcast to broadcast. The area is clean but the equipment is old. The other employees are really nice and are friendly. If you're hired you go through a battery of watching old videos of workplace information and are forced to sign a non-compete contract.

Interview Questions

• What programs do you use to edit video?   1 Answer
    • Where do you see yourself in five years?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Raycom.

Interview

Spoke with HR then the direct hiring manager. Then met with local sales manager and General Sales Manager. Last step was Corporate Executive interview by phone. Very fast and seamless process. Took two weeks total from beginning to offer.

Interview Questions

• Very standard questions as it relates to the role itself. What does network of clients look like/consist of? How comfortable are you teaching Sales People and helping them close digital business?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Yes a little but not much as the offer is very high for the salary for this job anyways.

Call Center Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Raycom (Columbia, SC) in February 2016.

Interview

I submitted my resume and was called in for an interview. They were very personable and asked about myself. They explained how the call center works and how you get paid. I spoke with the director of the call center and then his manager. They are looking for team members who are motivated by making money.

Interview Questions

• Are you more motivated my money or rewards?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Raycom in February 2016.

Interview

It was a two step interview process. In the first interview, they gave me a summary of my job description and proceeded to ask me about my experience listed on my resume. In the second interview, they bring you in and let you listen in on what the current employers are working on. You listen to the calls and see exactly what you need to do for the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about any sales experience you've had?   Answer Question
    • Describe a experience where you had to deal with a difficult customer?   Answer Question

Digital Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Raycom (Richmond, VA) in January 2016.

Interview

I received a call a few days after I submitted my application. I interviewed with the managers of the Department and they asked normal interview questions. I had 3 call backs for 3 separate interviews and they never got back to me in regards to the position. Not a good experience at all!! And very unprofessional to not advise the candidate of anything after 3 interviews!

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Raycom in November 2015.

Interview

Interviewed by DSM, GSM, and GM of station. Met the staff at the station. Interviewed over phone and then in person. Was offered job and accepted less than a month later.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Raycom.

Interview

The process was very quick. That's about it. Not much more to tell. The questions were pretty usual. Not too much different from any other job you might apply for. Do I have my 30 words?

Production Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Evansville, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Raycom (Evansville, IN) in May 2015.

Interview

It was fairly simple. The manager showed me around the station, and we ended up in a room where he talked about pay and benefits. He asked me a little about myself and made sure I was comfortable in a high-stress workplace.

The entire process took about 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable working in a high-stress workplace?   1 Answer