Raycom Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Raycom Interview Questions

Updated Oct 4, 2018

2.3

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Raycom in April 2014.

Interview

It was a really relaxed interview process. Interviewed with 2 managers and interviewed 2 times. They pretty much just talked to me about the job and it was super conversational. I was only asked about 4 question the whole time. The second interview you shadow people in the office.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Raycom in February 2016.

Interview

It was a two step interview process. In the first interview, they gave me a summary of my job description and proceeded to ask me about my experience listed on my resume. In the second interview, they bring you in and let you listen in on what the current employers are working on. You listen to the calls and see exactly what you need to do for the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about any sales experience you've had?   Answer Question
    • Describe a experience where you had to deal with a difficult customer?   Answer Question

IS Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Myrtle Beach, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Raycom (Myrtle Beach, SC) in August 2011.

Interview

Applied via Internet posting, got a call the next morning, and interviewed in-person that afternoon! I came from a competitor and I was doing the exact same job so my qualifications were pretty easy to display and explain. They sold Raycom to me on the premise that its employees were appreciated, that they were a very news-focused corporation, and that the Corporate Officers did not hide financial and stability info from their employees. All of this has proven true in my years being with the company now and I am a very happy employee!

Interview Questions

• I had to teach them what a router is, what a LAN vs. a WAN is, and teach them the difference between IP address, Subnet, and Gateways.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Raycom.

Interview

No interview needed since it was given to me. Received the internship through a fellowship through my college/university. Internship came with it. My overall experience was good since I did not have to go through an interview process.

Anonymous Employee in Jackson, MS

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Raycom (Jackson, MS) in April 2011.

Interview

3 Interviews - one with LSM, next with GSM, next with Station GM.

Interview Questions

• How does your degree relate to this position?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They asked where I needed to be on salary and I was given the salary (draw) I requested.

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Raycom (Tucson, AZ) in June 2009.

Interview

Very long and arduous....which would be fine if that meant the hiring managers would then have some trust in the people they hire...but they don't.

Interview Questions

• 45 minute on-line sales style survey. Questions are ambigous and could go either way.   Answer Question

Negotiation

not much to negotiate since they do not tell you what accounts you will be handling.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Raycom in August 2012.

Interview

Almost all phone contact was with local sales manager. Several phone interviews with normal behavioral questions. Had three different in person interviews. First was with LSM, then was set up to ride with other AEs at main station and have a group lunch, other interview time was with the satellite office and their AEs plus a ride a long. Final interview was with Station Manager.

Interview Questions

• Can you sell something that is a much higher price point than any of the competition in the market?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation...a generous base was offered until the training phase is over and it is decided you can switch to 100% (they give you a six month period).

AE Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Raycom (Cleveland, OH) in October 2014.

Interview

Very casual. I was interviewed outside (because the day was nice). Was asked more questions about my personality rather than my past experience and technical skills. I felt this to get a better understand of how I would be in a sales environment.

Interview Questions

• Who was the biggest influence in college?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Success Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Raycom in July 2017.

Interview

Submitted application and got a call about a week later. Interview that next week with sales director. About 1.5 week after that interviewed with local sales manager, the sales rep I would be working with and the sr success manager. Overall pretty simple and easy. Great at communicating the process as you go along.

Interview Questions

• What kind of management style to you prefer?   1 Answer

Sales Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Evansville, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Raycom (Evansville, IN) in February 2017.

Interview

I had four interviews with different people each time. The first time that I interviewed, it was via telephone. Once I passed that screening, I met with the floor manager. After they narrowed the search a bit more, I met with (at the time) two sales managers. After that, I came in close to 2 weeks later and was offered the job by the floor manager.