Raymond Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 24, 2017

2.6

Electric Power Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greene, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Raymond (Greene, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

Had applied for the Electric Power Systems Engineer position at their Greene, NY location in June 2017. They reached out a month later to arrange for an on-site interview for which they took care of all the expenses. The interview lasted 3.5 hours and was conducted by 3 managers (One of the managers gave a tour of their manufacturing division) who focussed on the projects from my resume and 4 mid-level engineers who focussed on the technical questions related to the position, followed by the HR person in the end. The position required proper hands-on experience with embedded systems and power electronics applications which I lacked in and probably why I didn't get the offer. Overall, it was a nice experience with a very knowledgeable group of people. My advise for anyone applying for an Electrical Engineering position at Raymond would be to be well versed with topics on embedded systems and electronics.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions regarding Lithium ion batteries asked by the manager   Answer Question
    • The mid-level engineers asked to identify components (MOSFETS, diodes, op-amps) in a schematic diagram and explain their functions, followed by finding the voltages at various points   Answer Question
    • One common question I observed every one of them asking was about what my hobbies are.   Answer Question

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greene, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Raymond (Greene, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

People are very nomadic and don't know what they asking and very great communication gaps.
    People are asking interview just like you are in high school not a professional attitude.

Interview Questions

• Interviewer doens't know what to ask because company doesn't have any career scopt   1 Answer

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greene, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Raymond (Greene, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

Initial interview was two hours with seven different team members. All the employees were very respectful, had good knowledge of the company and made me feel very comfortable. Only negative thing about the process was lack of communication from Raymond. I was assured I would hear back regardless of the outcome. I never received any communication from Raymond, even after trying to directly contact one of the hiring personnel.

Interview Questions

• Q: How do you see yourself contributing to the Raymond Corp?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Muscatine, IA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Raymond (Muscatine, IA) in April 2016.

Interview

HR reaches out to you and sets up an interview. And then you are interviewed by you future potential boss. There are stages to the interview and this is just the first stage.

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Raymond (New Orleans, LA).

Interview

It went very well people talk we understood and found out a lot of interesting things about the job and site that we been dealing with this year. Thanks a lot for asking simple thing about our job.

Painter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Muscatine, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Raymond (Muscatine, IA) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied for a 1st shift painter position and 30 seconds into the interview was told its a 2nd shift job. Classic bait and switch. You're also asked on the application for your requested pay along with your current pay (if working). I assume this info should be used to help determine if a person is a good fit for a position. Example, if I'm currently making $20 hr, a $12 hr job is probably not a good fit for me. I basically wasted my time along with the time of the person interviewing me. I made it clear to the gentleman interviewing me that I was not interested in this position because it was 2nd shift.

Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greene, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Raymond (Greene, NY).

Interview

I realized quickly that I was apparently not part of the "right" gender to be considered for the position. Despite all my experience and true ability to do the job and do it well. I was looked over for one of the manager's "buddies" with no experience.

Interview Questions

• How will you be able to balance the "demands" of the position with your family?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Raymond.

Interview

One phone interview followed by four back-to-back in-person interviews. The first round is strictly behavioral; however, you're asked more technical questions as the interviews progress. Be sure to know your resume and why Raymond James as opposed to other middle market banks. Good to follow the market and past transactions that the group your interviewing for has executed.

Procurement Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greene, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Raymond (Greene, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

1 on 1 interviews with six different people throughout the company. Pretty much the same questions over and over again. A few people from the same team you will be looking with. Trying to get a personal feel for you. No real quantitative tests. Overall a very good and fair interview process.

Information Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greene, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at Raymond (Greene, NY) in December 2014.

Interview

The interview process was pretty straight forward for all of the positions that I had applied to at the Raymond Corp. They call you to set up the interview, you go in at the designated time and sign in. You then get a first round interview with you manager and possibly the next person above them. They have a set writ of questions that they may improvise slightly, but they tend not to go to far off path. Then for the second round right after that you get to go talk to HR, and the interview is very similar. They read some generic question off of a list, but HR is much more genuine and will actually try to get a feel for who you are. So they do veer off the list a lot, but still make sure to hit all of the points.

Interview Questions

• What makes you attracted to this position.   1 Answer