Raymond James Financial Interview Questions in Tampa, FL | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 7, 2017

2.8

Equity Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Raymond James Financial (Tampa, FL).

Interview

6 round superday interview in Tampa. This was following a thirty minute skype interview. Questions were mostly basic -- accounting, a brain teaser, a stock pitch, etc. Main one that you should be able to nail is 'why raymond james'?

Options Rotational Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Raymond James Financial (Saint Petersburg, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

I interviewed for the Options Rotational Program after a career fair day at my university. The first step was a recorded, online "interview" where you are asked 3-5 questions and forced to record yourself answering these questions. The second step was a super day interview that took place in St. Pete that consisted of 30 candidates that each had 3 panel interviews with 3 different hiring managers. Interview had a lot to do with behavioral, and resume related questions.

Interview Questions

• How will your experience at XYZ transition to your time at Raymond James?   Answer Question

OPTIONS Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Raymond James Financial (Saint Petersburg, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

I found out about the opportunity through a university career fair. Met with the recruiters at the fair, gave them a resume, and was selected for an online interview about a week later. The online interview was primarily behavioral questions surveying my interest in the industry, why Raymond James, and walking through my resume. About one week later I was asked to complete a series of personality tests and critical thinking tests. Two weeks later I was invited to Super Day at Raymond James Headquarters in St. Petersburg.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to use deep analytical knowledge in solving a problem.
      Why you? Why Raymond James?
      Answer Question

Acquisition Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Raymond James Financial (Saint Petersburg, FL) in October 2016.

Interview

Very easy going. Just some typical behavioral type questions and going over strengths and weaknesses. Mostly was about getting to know you and if you would be a good fit with the comany. They wanted to know why Raymond James and also asked about my resume, experiences and internships. Also included a simple testing process after.

Financial Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Raymond James Financial (Saint Petersburg, FL).

Interview

The process can be frustrating because outside recruiters that do not work in house are used. It will take awhile before you get an interview. First, a recruiter that knows nothing about the job and reads from a script calls. Then you will be called in for an interview. If you make it past the 2nd interview, personality tests etc are done. The tests all seem redundant. If they like you after this an offer is made.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions about experience initially. Once you meet with a manager, a more in depth, job specific interview is done. Again, the basic questions are asked and if you are experienced, you shouldn't have a problem. The culture is very good and most managers are really nice.   Answer Question

Negotiation

You can negotiate for higher salary and more vacation if you have experience. If you do not have experience, you are put at the standard rate & vacation weeks.

Account Executive - Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Raymond James Financial (Saint Petersburg, FL) in June 2016.

Interview

First, I had a video interview. Second, I had to take a personality test (Jager). Then, I had a phone interview with HR. Then, assessment testing and 4 in-person interviews with marketing department all in the same day. The first test was difficult especially first thing in the morning. The second test was easier. Some interviews were tougher than others. I really got a sense of teamwork and camaraderie. It was hard to get a gauge on if they liked my answers or not but I guess not since I didn't get the job. HR was very responsive to all of my emails.

Interview Questions

• How do you learn a new industry/business that you haven't had experience with in the past?
      Tell me about yourself and your experience?
      What experience do you have with developing marketing strategy?
      Answer Question

Technology Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pinellas Park, FL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Raymond James Financial (Pinellas Park, FL) in April 2016.

Interview

I believe they mostly recruit using agencies for this position. Most of the people I know that work at the TSR started from a recruiting agency.

I was contacted by a recruiting agency about an opportunity at Raymond James, however, they only had 1 opening despite having a mass hiring a couple weeks prior.

I had a screen interview and then an in-person interview with both managers of the IT dept.

It was a very formal interview with typical HR and a handful of help desk questions. I felt like despite that I did well in the interview, they tend to recruit a certain 'look' that fits in with the company culture.

Not sure if this was my case or if I was competing against some good candidates.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle an angry client over the phone?   1 Answer

Options Rotational Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Raymond James Financial (Saint Petersburg, FL) in November 2015.

Interview

Started with two over the phone interviews where they mainly ask you behavioral questions such as why you are interested, what you are interested in, and questions like that. The final round was SuperDay down at HQ in St. Pete's, FL with testing and panel interviews.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Non-negotiable salary and bonus for the first year.

Options Analyst Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Raymond James Financial (Saint Petersburg, FL) in November 2015.

Interview

2 Phone interviews, and a superday. The first was a basic phone screen. After that there was a second with a more senior recruiter. After that the field was taken to around 20 potential analysts. At which time we had a full superday with multiple rotations of panel interviews. These consisted of people across all areas of the business.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, tell me about a time when...., name a current IPO   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Raymond James Financial (Saint Petersburg, FL) in October 2015.

Interview

Spoke over a couple of months with roughly five different employees. Final interviews were with 3 employees. Mostly behavioral questions were asked with a few technical questions concerning the markets and news. (Wall Street Journal articles) The first three interviews before finals were purely behavioral and roughly thirty minutes each.