Raymond James Financial Interview Questions in Tampa, FL | Glassdoor

2.8

68 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Raymond James Financial (Tampa, FL).

Interview

Pretty straightforward. Phone screen, a couple of assessments, a case-study, 2 in-person interviews. No complaints in the process. HR and the interviewers were very friendly and quick/thorough to answer my questions.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time when you.... A lot of behavioral based interview questions. Have a lot of examples that showcase you can do the job.   Answer Question

Investment Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Raymond James Financial (Saint Petersburg, FL) in September 2017.

Interview

Very friendly team and enjoyed this Superday over others because there were networking opportunities with both the current employees and other applicants. Interviewed with each industry group followed by a dinner with other applicants and current employees.

Interview Questions

• Why Raymond James, why investment banking, what industry group and why? Walk me through DCF, walk me through the financial statements, how to value a company (multiples) with viewers but no revenue?   Answer Question

AML Compliance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Raymond James Financial (Saint Petersburg, FL) in September 2017.

Interview

I was first contacted by a recruiter for a phone interview a few days after I applied. Within a few more days I was contacted for an in person interview with the hiring manager. The interview went great. Mainly behavioral questions and it felt more like a friendly discussion about the position and the firm. I thought the interview went well and was hopeful. I sent my thank you letter the same day; no response. I sent a follow up; no response. Radio silence for almost a month. Then I get a generic email informing me they had moved on with another candidate. It was a great interview experience but I was very disappointed at the lack of communication and the very impersonal rejection after an in person interview. I’ve had cold feet about the company since this experience.

Equity Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Raymond James Financial (Saint Petersburg, FL) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied online through my school's website. RJ got back to me pretty quickly and asked me to do an online interview with recorded responses. Pretty easy, only 6 questions and nothing technical. Then I did a Skype interview and still easy questions nothing technical. That was it.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Raymond James Financial (Saint Petersburg, FL) in August 2017.

Interview

Recruiter preliminary phone interview followed by hiring manager phone interview then followed by hiring manager web interview, they spend a lot of time between each step and offer limited communication along the way. It's difficult to determine whether my experience is typical within the organization or more specific to the hiring manager of this group, but I found the communication to be contradicting during this process and it wasn't a great reflection of what it may be like to work for this person later.

Interview Questions

• The question and interview style was very interactive and positive. Questions you would expect to receive and that would encourage a good exchange. I was asked about my short and long term career goals. We discussed work environment. Went through my background, etc.   Answer Question

Advisor Mastery Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Raymond James Financial (Tampa, FL) in July 2017.

Interview

I interviewed with the head recruiter of the program and one of the lead sales coach after networking hard the summer. We had a phone interview for 40 minutes where they asked me questions and I asked them multiple questions afterwards. I asked to follow up and met with them a week later. They liked me a lot but unfortunately, I did not have enough work experience for the position. I knew it was a long shot but at least they knew who I am.

Interview Questions

• What is one experience of rejection that would be most relatable to rejection as a financial advisor and how did you overcome it.   Answer Question

Equity Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Raymond James Financial (Tampa, FL).

Interview

6 round superday interview in Tampa. This was following a thirty minute skype interview. Questions were mostly basic -- accounting, a brain teaser, a stock pitch, etc. Main one that you should be able to nail is 'why raymond james'?

Mortgage Loan Processor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Raymond James Financial (Saint Petersburg, FL) in December 2016.

Interview

The first interview was so unorganized, they told me thatI would be interviewed by two people but one was put on vacation. So three weeks later I had to reinterview with someone else who already knew who they were going to hire so I wasted my time going back the second time. Very hard to get a job here. They don't look at your applications. They just claim to get back to you in 14 days which becomes 40 days only to deny you and your skills, and education are in line with what the job is asking as far as requirements.

Alternative Investments Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Raymond James Financial (Saint Petersburg, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with 6 to 7 people varying from associate up to SVP over a months time. Difficulty of interview question varied greatly depending on level of the interviewer. Mainly behavioral questioner were asked.

Interview Questions

• What is the stock market doing today? Time you had to deal with a difficult team member, etc.   Answer Question

Options Rotational Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Raymond James Financial (Saint Petersburg, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

I interviewed for the Options Rotational Program after a career fair day at my university. The first step was a recorded, online "interview" where you are asked 3-5 questions and forced to record yourself answering these questions. The second step was a super day interview that took place in St. Pete that consisted of 30 candidates that each had 3 panel interviews with 3 different hiring managers. Interview had a lot to do with behavioral, and resume related questions.

Interview Questions

• How will your experience at XYZ transition to your time at Raymond James?   Answer Question