Raymour & Flanigan Furniture Sales Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Raymour & Flanigan Furniture Sales Consultant Interview Questions

2.3

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Raymour & Flanigan (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Many interviews with recruiter, two store managers, then the regional manager of sales. The recruiter (Lisa) really set me up for the future interview. The company is very serious about making sales and creating leads. Once I knew that I was able to steer all conversations into my sales background and my interest in prospecting.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Raymour & Flanigan

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Raymour & Flanigan (Bronx, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

The interview with HR was great! She got me excited to be interviewed with the store manager. The manager had a hard time even cracking a smile when I shook her hand. She kept a blank look on her face and was clearly uninterested (She asked the same question twice). She had no intention of hiring even though I am qualified. (I am already in the furniture sales business)

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you were approached by a coworker who claimed that you took his/her sale? ( this was a trick question because there is a system to look up each persons customer in order to avoid this completely)   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Norwalk, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Raymour & Flanigan (Norwalk, CT).

Interview

quick , basic interview. Basically if you are willing to work the hours, are well spoken and smile a lot you're in. Make sure you are well dressed as you will haave to wear a suit everyday and your interviewers will be dressed like that. and you dont want to feel underdressed

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Raymour & Flanigan (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

Applied online and was called the next day.

Interview Questions

• Basic Behavior Based Questions. Tell me about time when you....   Answer Question

Negotiation

No. Negotiation this a 100% commission based job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakhurst, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Raymour & Flanigan (Oakhurst, NJ) in October 2011.

Interview

The initial contact was with the on-staff recruiter by phone, who invited me in for an interview for the next day. Everything seemed to be going well, since he then asked me to be interviewed by the Store Manager. I definitely felt that the manager was friendly, but he did not seem to ask many good questions. I was then turned over to the Showroom Manager to meet with him. During this interview, I sensed that this manager was a little tired of this part of his job. However, I was told that I was to be interviewed by the Regional Sales Manager for the area, but that the interview would take place at another store. The interview was scheduled for the next day and was over an hour away. I was told that the Regional Sales Manager liked muted earth tones, so I wore my brown suit, rather than my traditional navy. I walked into the interview, only to find the Regional Sales Manager wearing a blue suit! After another hour interview, he told me that I would go through to the next stage, where all four men were to discuss my candidacy. What a commotion!

Interview Questions

• Who was the most difficult person to do business with and how did you diffuse the situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Raymour & Flanigan (New York, NY) in May 2011.

Interview

Took 3 weeks to get the final job offer

Interview Questions

• why you think you ll be goos sales candidate for our company   1 Answer

My curent job has better working hours

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Voorhees, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Raymour & Flanigan (Voorhees, NJ) in February 2011.

Interview

I interviewed with this company R&F. I was very excited about the interview process, and exploring a new career opportunity. I have two college degrees in different areas, and at least ten years of managerial experience. Both interviews went very well with the recruiter, and the store manager. In fact, the interviews went so well that location, salary, and training was expressed to me openly. They both expressed how they really liked me, so they said. Would you believe we even did role play on closing furniture sales? The final blow, or turn for the worst I should say was when the store manager asked me directly if I was prepared to submit my final two weeks with my current employer. Of course, my answer was yes. Five days later I recieved a email from the recruiter stating that other candidates were more closely related to their needs in furniture sales. Problem one: Both the store manager and the recruiter said training would be provided. Problem two: I visit one other store and spoke with a sales consultant that stated she was new in the business with no furniture experience. What kinda BS is this? How would you call it? Discrimination? Change of heart? Bad luck? Watch these guys!!!!