Raymour & Flanigan Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Raymour & Flanigan Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Apr 21, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Raymour & Flanigan (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview starts with a phone call. Then you will go in and meet with a recruiter. If you are still being considered, you will them meet with a store manager.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Raymour & Flanigan

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Raymour & Flanigan (Philadelphia, PA) in December 2016.

Interview

Very strange 2ND interview with a very elusive, over probing foreign man. I'm overqualified for the job, but he seemed more interested in how he can control me and he pretended he never heard of the better company I came from out if state. Waste of time for nonconformists.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Raymour & Flanigan in December 2015.

Interview

Lots of interviews ... Phone screen with recruiter then in person with recruiter then interview with several managers. Expect no less than 4 interviews. If you are trying to kick butt commission wise ask how much there average sales rep delivers.... If it's 25k your checks will be about 900 a week. Including your draw which they can take back .. The busiest stores you can do about 30k delivery and make about 1400 a week but most stores arnt that busy so keep that in mind because you work Saturdays and Sunday's and don't get 2 days off consecutively and work 11 hr days and holidays .. At 45k maybe work at Macy's?

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Raymour & Flanigan.

Interview

Initial contact and phone screen is swift, but with 3 interviews that follows with store manager, a director and VP (vice president) tales far too long. Don't forget the stuff testing.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Raymour & Flanigan?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Raymour & Flanigan (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Lengthy process, I had to speak first to a recruiter, then to sales manager, then to regional sales director. Hair follicle testing, then background check which all turned out fine. Entire process took about 2 weeks and multiple hours of time. Make sure if you really want the job you dress to the nines and go into the interview with a confident and upbeat attitude.

Interview Questions

• What do you think is the most important quality of a successful sales person?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Raymour & Flanigan (Buffalo, NY) in July 2014.

Interview

I had a total of 4 interviews; Two the same day with a showroom manager and the store manager, then one the following week with a different store manager, and finally a couple days later with the Regional Manager. The process was quick and simple. Everyone seemed to like me so the interviews were quick and not too in depth. I was offered a position on the spot and the regional manager gave me a link to send to my references to fill out a quick online survey about me, which I did and had my references complete within 48 hours like he requested. He then called me with a couple follow up questions and then accused me of completing all 5 reference checks myself (which I'm not stupid enough to do). I told him that he should feel free to call my references since I gave him all of their phone numbers as well to speak to them directly and ask them any follow up questions that he might have. None of my references were called, and I never heard from him again. (nor did he return any of my phone calls). All of my interviews were great with seemingly nice and supportive people, but then I was told my reference checks IP addresses were all the same (meaning they supposedly came from the same computer).

I also submitted my resume online for a Showroom Manager position since I've always been in retail management and when I went to the interview they told me that the interview was for a sales position that could lead to management (despite the fact that the title of the position advertised was a management position).

Interview Questions

• All my interviews basically were the managers talking about the position and requirements needed to fill that position. I was really only ever asked 2 questions:
      1) What Did you do before this/currently?
      and
      2) What do you think of my showroom?
      1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Raymour & Flanigan (Syracuse, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

Phone screen, and two in person interviews. The interviewers asked me things about my ability to work in a retail environment, nights, weekends and holidays. The interviewer also asked if I have ever worked in a commissioned environment. I believe they were looking for people who can connect with customers and build relationships easily. They also want sales associates that are driven by $$ because the earnings potential is high.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation - it is a commissioned role where all sales associates are paid the same commission rate and advance rate.

Anonymous Employee in Freehold, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Raymour & Flanigan (Freehold, NJ) in January 2012.

Interview

Job fair , I interviewed directly with assistant store manager and the immediately with store manager. Questions pertaining to my resume but also strongly considered my job / life priorities.

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, CT

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Raymour & Flanigan (Manchester, CT) in March 2011.

Interview

There were three interviews:
    * Regional Recruiter
    * Store Manager
    * V.P. Regional Sales Manager
    I was very excited about the interview process and the opportunity of working at R&F because I been working in the furniture industry for about 4 years.I was first contacted by a store manager who worked in a different location whom hired me to work there a little less than a year ago but i couldn't accept it that time.I really must of made an great impression on that manager for her to contact me 10 months later. So i thought i was a shoe in for the position when they contact me again with out me applying for the job.Boy was i wrong i went though interview after interview, three in total lasting a little over a month. They finally offered me the position 5 days after my last interview.Took a hair drug test that same day and background check which also took a week and a half to come back.All and i went well but the interview process was just to long and very nerve wracking. I am very qualified in furniture sales a very good track recorded over 4 years.I could see how this could be turn off to some more qualified applicants and seen as unorganized. In closing i would give them the benefit of the doubt that this is a busy company with lots going on and i'm happy with turn and very excited about working here.

The only advice i would give need interviewee is to be patient because this company is only looking for best people who are the right fit for the job and company. Also don't forget to dress for success.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Johnson City, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Raymour & Flanigan (Johnson City, NY) in January 2011.

Interview

I went in for an interview after getting called about a sales position. After discussing the fact that sales jobs are "saturated" at this store I was told about a part time job there working ten hours a week as a warehouse worker. Although I have no experience in sales I feel like with two college degrees I can do better than that. Although both interviewers seemed friendly I had the impression that it was bait and switch. I didn't go to college to work ten hours a week in a warehouse two days out of the week with no benefits. Quite frankly, I wasn't amused.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your previous work experience at the previous furniture store you worked for.   Answer Question

Although I wasn't offered the warehouse position i'm quite sure I could have gotten it. I felt like the whole interview was a waste of my time and certainly I can do better than this. With the local economy in shambles and job opportunities offered to me down in the carolinas in which I can actually use my degrees I figure a move somewhere more prosperous would be a good choice rather than trying to work my way up through the ranks of Raymour and Flanigan.